RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

HRNZ's updated Starting regulations

The bit that interests me is the false start rule.  It appears the driver of a horse causing a false start will  no longer have the choice of going to the outside.  They start in their allotted place in the 2nd attempt and if it happens again they  are scratched.

Personally I would like to see any horse causing a false start sent straight to the outside of the 2nd line.

14 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

I get why they are now showing great interest in starts after years of  woeful efforts  but 13 pages of regs seems overkill. Or am i just alone on this issue?

thanks for the heads up mate! I was going to read the new regs but not 13 pages! Could you give a few bulletpoints of the new regulations please mate?

They are not new regs just parts have been amended.    We will see from 1 Jan whether the pertinent amendments are "policed" - like you cannot leave stables with overcheck/shorteners not in racing position.    This I hope will end the annoying gear issues 30 seconds out from start time and have drivers "all aboard"