RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

NZTR CEO Job

So Bernies departing and his job advertised. Wonder if they go local this time or will more Ozzie pretenders get the gig?

Maybe serial whiners like Huey and Nomates should apply😃

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Chief Executive Officer                                  

• Lead & drive transformational change
  • An industry undergoing reform, to secure a strong future
  • ‘Industry first’ and ‘improve racing’

The Role

With transformational change underway, New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR) is looking for an experienced CEO to replace our outgoing Chief Executive, to build on his success and bring their own expertise to the industry. 

‘Industry First’ and ‘Improve Racing’ continue to be the key drivers for NZTR.  As a multi-dimensional organisation, the focus on driving results for the industry, requires depth of industry knowledge and relationships.  Reporting directly to the Board the CEO will lead the organisation and wider industry into a new chapter of ‘reform’.

Specifically, the CEO will be focused on:

• Leading and driving a change agenda focusing on the delivery of transformational initiatives
  • Leading and inspiring a dedicated team, focusing on development and deeper industry engagement
  • Supporting industry stakeholders to build and deliver the “Industry First” actions to “Improve Racing”

Skills & Experience

You will epitomise our vision and values, ‘Together shaping a bright future for our people, our horses’.  Experience in the Racing and Thoroughbred code is essential, and we are particularly interested in candidates who have a background reflecting success in transformational change and established industry relationships, in addition you will be:

• Emotionally intelligent, cultivating strong relationships both internally and eternally

• Passionate about growing the Thoroughbred industry, by optimising the capability of NZTR

• Commercially astute, and leading with cadence and stamina

• Balanced, with the ability to connect with stakeholders through effective communication skills and negotiation skills to achieve positive outcomes

About NZTR

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR) is the regulatory and governing authority for the sport of thoroughbred racing in NZ. We are tasked with ensuring the overall health and successful development of the sport across New Zealand, seeking to enhance its attraction to customers and its position in the sporting and cultural landscape of the country.

To apply in strict confidence, click ‘Apply for this job’ or email your cover letter and CV to amie@cubo.co.nz applications close on 24th November 2021.

Cubes has kinda  half read this and is kinda suprised how far coporate mumblespeak has become in recent times...

Leading with cadence and stamina ?

Epitomise vision and values ?

Emotionally Intelligent ?

Holy Moly !!!!

P.S. The Cubemeister got yarning with Bernard @ Riccarton on Saturday and he is  actually not a bad bloke

Bernard was a good captain on a leaky ship.  He was very busy plugging the leaks but would always pick up the phone to me. I troubled him seldom because I had some idea of the problems he faced.

Owners Fed Boss pushed him hard for better performance and Bernard S took the pressure well.

P4P's mate Geep told you SFA and before  him  well ------

1 hour ago, Cubes said:

Cubes has kinda  half read this and is kinda suprised how far coporate mumblespeak has become in recent times...

Holy Moly !!!!

P.S. The Cubemeister got yarning with Bernard @ Riccarton on Saturday and he is  actually not a bad bloke

My old drum teacher talked about leading with cadence and stamina ... I  might lob an application in ...

2 hours ago, Cubes said:

Holy Moly !!!!

'transformational change' - is that like strategic planning? More synonyms at which you can shake a wooden, timber, rod-like pole?

'leading and driving' - very flexible or a split personality?

'multi-dimensional organisation' - I thought that it was solely concerned with racing of thoroughbred horses.

'strong relationships both internally and eternally' - typing error or the appointee stays forever?

Is tautology a requirement in M.B.A. study?

I could write the job description

Wanted……. some good bastard to flog a dead horse …..and round up the Cowboys running the RIU / RIB 

Salary is performance based 

There we go, job done ….without the puffery and bullshit 

The person in Racing who has been the most proactive, financially savvy, humble and most intelligent with no ulterior motive, is his own man and is the BEST Person the run either NZTR or NZRB is Daniel Nakhle. 

Hands Down.

I believe his appointment is crucial to Racing's survival.

LOL,

You have to be kidding!!!!!

We need someone with wisdom and experience and an ability to plan and implement a a future that the Board and new Chairman can orchestrate and design. Someone that understands the requirements of the industry that is in need of great foresight and direction.

The incumbent came from a really good industry experience in the VRC, with premium resources available, but missed the cut. NZTR doesn’t have those resources, so they have to be innovative, resourceful, and vastly experienced to understand the magnitude and challenges confronting the local requirements for all industry participants.

With due respect to Bruce, I don’t think he could meet that challenge.

Pundits, there are other choices available, so long as the objectivity in the selection process is retained.

Just my MHO.

John

3 hours ago, Nerula said:

JJ F you wanted to know who were the independent appointment on NZ Racing. I've just been advised that no announcement still

Thanks, one is from PWC and the other unknown to me at this stage.

Mind you if you read above, Raga says Bruce Sharrock got CEO job 18 hours ago. Given applications closed today at 5 he must really be in the know!!!