RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Opie , Have an unpaid holiday!

Hows this for a Stewards report and penalties. 

Suspensions: Race 8 8 O Bosson THE PEFECT PINK Careless riding 1400 metres [Rule 638(1)(d)] Suspended 21/11-2/12, 7 days & fined as below

S Wynne SHEPHERD’S DELIGHT Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] Suspended 16/12-27/12, 8 days & fined as below

Fines: Race 7 8 8 8 11 R Mudhoo EL BEE DARCI Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] $500

O Bosson THE PEFECT PINK Careless riding 1400 metres [Rule 638(1)(d)] $1,500 & suspended as above

O Bosson THE PERFECT PINK Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] S4,500

S Wynne SHEPHERD’S DELIGHT Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] $1,500 & suspended as above

Anyone really think Bosson will be concerned? Blatant Rules transgressions and if the authorities had any guts they would have relegated the horse, being as it was a close finish. Would be hard pressed to find any owner of such a winner who would not stump up the fine in light of the valuable black type gained.

Not an anti-vaxer nor a racist! JMO

P.S. Where is Jonathan Parkes these days?

11 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Anyone really think Bosson will be concerned? Blatant Rules transgressions

Given the fines were 70% of his winning riding fee im not so sure about that. 8 days as well!! As for the Dennis boys paying up, im not sure about that either.

On the other hand Sam Wynne is a serial transgressor of whip rules. So much so that the Stipes added this to her fine and suspension

"Given S Wynne’s poor recent record under this rule she has been directed by the Stewards to meet with an NZTR appointed Rider Skills Review Panel under the provisions of Rule 343"

70% chump change compared to value of the win. BTW, could have sworn the horse was racing in Rider's colours. 

Stand by my belief that flogging of horses a bad look for the industry and relegation the only SERIOUS penalty

I tend to agree with you Chevy - there will come a time that relegation has to be part of the whip rule penalties.

As it is -  in a big race why would you care - I'm sure Opie doesn't Got a result - fillies value inflated significantly and the owners etc likely to come to the party.

Cheating really isn't it ?

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Hows this for a Stewards report and penalties. 

Suspensions: Race 8 8 O Bosson THE PEFECT PINK Careless riding 1400 metres [Rule 638(1)(d)] Suspended 21/11-2/12, 7 days & fined as below

S Wynne SHEPHERD’S DELIGHT Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] Suspended 16/12-27/12, 8 days & fined as below

Fines: Race 7 8 8 8 11 R Mudhoo EL BEE DARCI Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] $500

O Bosson THE PEFECT PINK Careless riding 1400 metres [Rule 638(1)(d)] $1,500 & suspended as above

O Bosson THE PERFECT PINK Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] S4,500

S Wynne SHEPHERD’S DELIGHT Excessive use of whip [Rule 638(3)(g)(i)] $1,500 & suspended as above

No " Steward`s Vision " Video .... But watch  "Race Replay " Hmmm?

https://loveracing.nz/RaceInfo/50391/8/Race-Detail.aspx

Hopefully a knowledgeable person will put me right, but I watched the replay twice and I think the penalty on Opie re the whip was unduly harsh.  Please tell me if I am wrong.

Frequently at Riccarton they show the first 400 metres of 1600 metre races head on.  I would like to see that shot, which was missing, damn it, from the live coverage.

Others, who have seen it; your comments would be welcome.

38 minutes ago, swampfox said:

why is opies fine 3000 more than other two for same offence.

Im guessing here but winning rider percentage was $8600  whereas runner up jockette was $2775. That said, SW has  horrible record re whip use ,all up she is now suspended until end of December after numerous infractions of late.