Thejanitor

NATALIE RASMUSSEN.... WHAT A DRIVE!!!

Recommended Posts

WOW. Free for al it was. Wow, wow... wham what a war. All credit to Laver and G O'Reilly once again made to do all the work to benefit others (his day will come). South Cast Ardern tough, tough run... he was on his knees and somehow Natalie got more from him he stagged up from the canvas and drew away.... That's why she is the best...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

WOW. Free for al it was. Wow, wow... wham what a war. All credit to Laver and G O'Reilly once again made to do all the work to benefit others (his day will come). South Cast Ardern tough, tough run... he was on his knees and somehow Natalie got more from him he stagged up from the canvas and drew away.... That's why she is the best...

Obviously Laver's driver been reading your posts ! 

A great Carnival for Northern horses and in particular Northern Owners .

Harness in North maybe struggling , but it obvious that many Northern Owners with well bred horses prefer to race their horses in the South , not only at Cup week but permanently.

After today results definitely North 1 South 0.

Unsure where Sundees Sun's owners reside but it was brilliant, so would not surprise me if they North as well ,that horse so good.

Well done Ray Green , well done Mango.......great drivers Nat R , Mark Purdon and Southern men Dunn and Orange and some good moments for deep South horsepeople too !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the FFA and Dominion today, both were spectacular performances and it gives us confidence that harness racing is bloody awesome at the moment, despite what the doom and gloomers may want to say about the current state of affairs.

Spectacular two days of racing, shame the usual crowds couldn't be in attendance.

Sundees Son was nothing short of sensational.  Star.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addington 'big money' racing is so much more exciting than Alexandra Park 'big money' racing. And that's not a new thing. South Coast Arden's and Sundees Son's wins today were amazing. I remember watching Sundees Son racing in his first campaign or two, and thinking "man, if he ever learns to trot the entire race distance he could be anything".  But he has exceeded that. He is everything!! Gave all of the young pretenders an absolute shellacking today. And we know they are good. Just not good enough yet. I'm not sure whether SCA fought back for Nat, or whether Self Assured just came to the end of it 100 out?.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Addington doesn't have much "big money" racing these days.     All you fair weather sailors just look at the fields a few weeks back.    12 months to go before the next cup - will be boring for you guys.    I'm picking within 3 months most of the horses in your favourite barn will be over in Aussie - and with no Inters here - never to return.       At least there will be no "money back" hot shots.      The good old 13 horse maiden fields  return.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eljay said:

Addington doesn't have much "big money" racing these days.     All you fair weather sailors just look at the fields a few weeks back.    12 months to go before the next cup - will be boring for you guys.    I'm picking within 3 months most of the horses in your favourite barn will be over in Aussie - and with no Inters here - never to return.       At least there will be no "money back" hot shots.      The good old 13 horse maiden fields  return.     

Haha........wind them up Lloyd  !

No bites yet but they will come !

Your North scene hamstrung by covid rules and serious lack of horses........the Southern critics go to great lengths to point out the sit/sprints up North , the low dividends etc etc

The uprising of social media has elevated this years Cup Week to one of the most 'emotional and sensational' ever  , lucky a couple of fantastic horses dominated AND won in such great times !

The Main races were dominated by the favourites.........low dividends , dominated from the front.

The Cup was a procession from barrier rise.....one hottie led easy the other two hotties moved up and the procession continued !Sires stakes similar. Ditto Krug.

The main trot , a very competitive race but the top 3 x trotters were MIA. !

The free for all........really a procession for the 3 x hotties

 ...did the trifecta even pay $10. The Cup winner was missing !

The Dominion......brilliant time and dominant win ,10 lengths back to third ! First day FFA winner MIA....at least Oscar was spectacular ,coming 7 wide to swoop past....I rose from my chair and celebrated , then realised it paid $1.30 ! 

But it was lead traill with the 2nd fav having a look on last lap ! He chanced his arm !

Other highlights......stable trifectas ,stable quinellas , .

Still a great week...... IMO the best........but was the racing as exciting as the days of Flashing Red , Monkey King , Terror to Love , Christian Cullen , Changeover , The Fiery ginga , Icanddosit ,Scotch Tar !

Back to grass track racing in the South , that will excite the natives !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What were your disappointments TM of the meeting.     Afraid for me it was the rules forbidding the top trainers (Green, Mangos, Herlihy. Bar & Scotty, Arnie Steve - sorry if I missed any) from being on track on the premier day of the Industry    They worked hard & skillfully all year to make the day what it is only to have the door slammed in their face.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eljay said:

What were your disappointments TM of the meeting.     Afraid for me it was the rules forbidding the top trainers (Green, Mangos, Herlihy. Bar & Scotty, Arnie Steve - sorry if I missed any) from being on track on the premier day of the Industry    They worked hard & skillfully all year to make the day what it is only to have the door slammed in their face.     

Well eljay in IMO Cup week always delivers..........little joy IMO in pointing out a few weeds while the flowers bloom so beautifully..

It's the big dance.....over the years there has been the odd issue like drunken idiots spewing and having crude punch ups and the lack of ladies toilets but I never scored it at less than 98% .

The travel restrictions were a disappointment and I'm surprised the key people , fully vaxxed and testing negative could not travel South with their horses.

Certainly Tony H would have improved the overall standard of driving !

I also a little surprised more effort not made to safely host a bigger crowd on course !

We in weird times ,and hopefully the 'new normal' able to free things up a bit !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.