RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
arjay

Pitman team

Been a few years since the Pitman team failed to deliver a winner on day one of Cup week, so 2nd day they should be back to status quo. The first 3-4 races look tough to pick for my eye, like Zoltan for a rough place chance in the Couplands.

11 hours ago, Shad said:

Nice run zoltan.

Thought he was a show, moved off the fence, looked like rider was going to come wide, then went back inside 2-3 horse widths, then battled. 

Thought the place to be was the middle of the track at this time of the day, have not watched replay to see if he was compelled to go there. 

Agree but still a nice run an a good field, I did have a look at seriously, at the long odds, but in the end couldn't convince myself that a 3 win horse would be competitive in that field, how wrong was I, the inside a little off I thought, did back madam sequoia at 50s who actually got to the front, but just run down last bit, good run for fourth, think she's had change of trainer and may pick up a race, although the big divvy be gone.

Well Shad both our runners are in again, but I will not follow Zoltan this time. Your Madam Ssquoia, well what can I say a 10 year old mare, on paper one would say no, but it's not a great field, and there is an even spread about the race. Going for Monderani, but waiting to see if bookies let the odds go out a bit, thought he would be at 20s, along with madam S. 2yo feature, 5 runners, bloody hell for 60k, think the odd trainer about might be kicking themselves, and no Tangerine? Pitman team not doing it so far, well not like past years, and really can't see that changing a lot. Big even fields, think the middle of the track will again be the place to be.

9 hours ago, arjay said:

Well Shad both our runners are in again, but I will not follow Zoltan this time. Your Madam Ssquoia, well what can I say a 10 year old mare, on paper one would say no, but it's not a great field, and there is an even spread about the race. Going for Monderani, but waiting to see if bookies let the odds go out a bit, thought he would be at 20s, along with madam S. 2yo feature, 5 runners, bloody hell for 60k, think the odd trainer about might be kicking themselves, and no Tangerine? Pitman team not doing it so far, well not like past years, and really can't see that changing a lot. Big even fields, think the middle of the track will again be the place to be.

You may be getting mixed up with Madam du soir, which starts in the cup, ironically I do like her, being by raise the flag, a very underrated sire, leaves good stayers, have a interest in one we bought as a yearling, unfortunately many an issue along the way and we are still hoping to get to the races as a 7yr old, good things take time, Madam sequoia finished 4th to Blair flight in r65, will stick with a few I took the first day, easy on the eye, he's my brother for a roughie, absolutely no luck last time at gore, paying 40s, big step tomorrow all the same, I took mondarani first day to and will take with madam du soir, as for zoltan maybe you should stick with him, you know what happens if you dont, best of luck on the punt

12 hours ago, arjay said:

Sorry Shad, a big stuff up on my part. Forecast not good, so I guess we could have runners very wide later in the day, luck to you, and for that matter all and sundry.🙂

Thanks, will be trying for sure.