RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

mick and punters club

may I be first to acknowledge great effort by Mick Guerin  and Greg Oconnor in being the experts to spend 1000s of dollars in the punters club. As we know they are experts at analysing races and betting trends and in fact all  matters pertaining to predicting race results .. 

great result as  they declared a dividend of60 cents for every dollar invested. Our group bets in Aramoho produced over 400% but then do we know asmuch as Mick !!⬇️ 

Hard to believe they lost as they both hang on every word that comes from Mark Purdons mouth. How could they bet on Cyrus which won the previous week with Mark driving at about $17 when he gets off to drive the Faith horse. The other Faith horse backed in from $14 into $4 and they knew nothing about it - weird. 

All their bets seemed strange to me and Mick is a self proclaimed professional punter - he may be but it looked very amateurish.

No I didn't put any money into it and did very nicely on my own (logical I thought) outlaying $150 to return $4200 on a few all ups. Thank you Mark Purdon 

16 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Hard to believe they lost as they both hang on every word that comes from Mark Purdons mouth. How could they bet on Cyrus which won the previous week with Mark driving at about $17 when he gets off to drive the Faith horse. The other Faith horse backed in from $14 into $4 and they knew nothing about it - weird. 

All their bets seemed strange to me and Mick is a self proclaimed professional punter - he may be but it looked very amateurish.

No I didn't put any money into it and did very nicely on my own (logical I thought) outlaying $150 to return $4200 on a few all ups. Thank you Mark Purdon 

Yes. I agree. I took a modest share thinking I would at least break even due to the "experts" punts. I do not know what they went for on most races but I couldn't understand why they backed Enjoy Me heavily. This filly needs a soft run and it wasn't going to get that drawn 9. 

Like you, I made money regardless. Got plenty of Gerard in the last. Roll on Show Day.

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Nice work Spike , very wise to stick with Mark Purdon....its been a winning formula for some years now !

To be fair in his preview he did seem to talk up Cyrus ,well ahead of the other horse , who obviously got the far better run in transit !

So we can all benefit on Friday ,I'll set up a thread where we can all put in our tips and all benefit.

I picked them well on Cup day but missed a couple of key winners , several key bets run 4th too so lost about 50% of my funds....even the greats can have off days !

Nailed the Cup......never seen such a deadset trifecta in the great race ! Ditto the main trot ,ditto the Sires Stakes !

I looked at MG's picks in the NZ Herald and thought they pretty good ,probably proves that a committee of three is best when two of them are absent !

3 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Maybe he thinks he is a professional punter, maybe there is a reason he works for the herald and senz, maybe he may have spent his own money differently, who would know.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:23 AM, Spikecity said:

Does anybody know how Claydon and his friends on senz did with the punters club today, didnt listen today, sometimes it's a hard listen,  watched the odd race, be fair to say Riccarton might just  have been the main meeting anywhere today, from what I saw the aussie stuff was pretty average but there is always a flat patch after the big carnivals.