RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Thejanitor

NEW ZEALAND TROTTING CUP 2021

Tomorrow is the  big day... one of my favourite days of the year. NZ TROTTING CUP DAY, November 9, 2021.

Who is going?

I shall watch all races on my laptop via TAB website. Last year, I had a very lucrative Cup Day the entire Cup week actually. This year, I am not confident I can see a value runner, something you can pick a few hundred up on.

Anyway, good luck if you are on the punt or if you just enjoy watching the races and picking a winner. 

My top three for the Cup:

Self Assured

Southcoast Ardern

Vintage Cheddar

A few of us are lucky enough to have tickets today Thejanitor

Yes a fabulous day as always - albeit with some of the lustre missing this year.

Still a great betting day  - got multis and FO bets all over the place already on - many of them on horses which have continued to shorten so hopefully got a few right.

Self Assured for me in the Cup - and Laver the rough place bet. Would love to see him step and run a place for Geoff Dunn.

Good luck all

Col

4 hours ago, drove a few said:

will it be a "fair" start for ALL runners this year ?

don't know WHY they don't just put them behind the mobile and get them ALL AWAY safely. without all this fuss. As there are No Handicaps.

They DID for the Auckland Cup for a long while . BUT have now gone back to a 2mile Standing start there as well.

Do they want some to miss the start so a 'Lord Module' type of win might occur for the 'Wow' factor or something ???

In this day and age , bettor to get them all safely on the journey. or will lose even more punters.

23 minutes ago, Pure Steel said:

don't know WHY they don't just put them behind the mobile and get them ALL AWAY safely. without all this fuss. As there are No Handicaps.

They DID for the Auckland Cup for a long while . BUT have now gone back to a 2mile Standing start there as well.

Do they want some to miss the start so a 'Lord Module' type of win might occur for the 'Wow' factor or something ???

In this day and age , bettor to get them all safely on the journey. or will lose even more punters.

Most will be ok from a stand. Don't agree that the Cup should be a mobile. History and tradition counts for something so no change for me.

Last year's fiasco was caused by the starter Lamb. He had almost ruined a couple of other Cup starts prior to last years balls up. Overall his performance was shocking over many seasons but he was retained, even becoming a steward!! Finally, the inevitable happened and Lamb stuffed up the start of a major race and he was sacked. Good riddance but it should have been sooner.

53 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

Most will be ok from a stand. Don't agree that the Cup should be a mobile. History and tradition counts for something so no change for me.

Last year's fiasco was caused by the starter Lamb. He had almost ruined a couple of other Cup starts prior to last years balls up. Overall his performance was shocking over many seasons but he was retained, even becoming a steward!! Finally, the inevitable happened and Lamb stuffed up the start of a major race and he was sacked. Good riddance but it should have been sooner.

Yes I believe the AUCKLAND Cup went back to the 3200m stand as well , to 'Get back to Tradition' , so NOT just like any other race otherwise while being a 2700m mobile start 2007-2015 . Purdons have won Auckland Cup every year (incredible 7 in a row )  since that conversion back in 2015 to a 3200m stand, mainly because they always have the superior 'stayers'.

Bit like NZ Cup really,  ALLstars also winning past 5 editions of NZ Cup. 6 in a row today maybe?