RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nelli

2022 calendar

What do you all think of the proposed feature race schedule for the new year? My impression is a lot of thought has gone into it in an effort to try to keep our better horses racing in NZ. It appears most of the "Jewels" money has been distributed into new minor feature races around the country that horses in the R65-80 range can have a go at. Even though I'm an ardent trot enthusiast, the only thing I query is concentrating so much into the two $100 k 2yo trots at the end of the year. I would rather see that amount of stakes split into 4 $50K races with one in the North. The costs and risks for a northern owner are such that only those with the deepest pockets would take a baby trotter south for just 1 race, no matter how talented it is. And we need some incentive for NI owners to have 2yos in work.

Jewels no more except for 2yos at the end of the year (fillies and c&g races for both gaits). Good for those in South Island but as I said above, baby trotters up north unlikely to come.

2 hours ago, Nelli said:

Jewels no more except for 2yos at the end of the year (fillies and c&g races for both gaits). Good for those in South Island but as I said above, baby trotters up north unlikely to come.

Surely the better Northern 2 yr olds would venture South as they did when the Jewels ran in South  Island.

The stake is paid back to last which helps with travel costs.....maybe up to $3k.

Plus in recent years only 4 or 5 have trotted all the way so that increases chance of a better placing and stake.

Are the sexes going to be split ?

One criticism of the new plan has been that fillies/mares races not so prominent as maybe discussed prior !

Oh friken nuts on the loss of the Jewels, mind you can't go to Cambridge to watch em anymore anyway, shitsakes can't go anywhere for that matter.....thank gawd for me trusty liquor joint, bloody trip to stock up has become the highlight of my every couple of days....

Cheers Iraklis