RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Ashvegas Flying Stakes Day

12 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Class prevails. Self Assured looked beaten twice in last 100 metres but fought back to win . 

Franco Indie was enormous as was the Hope Trotter

Yes, good performance, his class showed. Good run from Laver the only runner to try and make a race of it. 

I thought most races were tame affairs with a sprint home.  Many drivers prepared to sit back and expect to make ground in the straight.

13 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

I thought most races were tame affairs with a sprint home.  Many drivers prepared to sit back and expect to make ground in the straight.

Happens often these days- sad but as you say Gerald was not going to lie down . Most underrated driver in Canterbury.

Not sure about  SA, when initially put under pressure to extend he hung out  again today. Shows you how good he is going as he loves a fight like he got today

Ashburton usually favours those handy to the pace......often was discussed at Jewels time.......odd in that it is a big track with a long straight but many find it hard  to make up ground.

Reasons often given are that it is down hill last 250m and often wind at back.

The races I saw were interesting ...the 2 yr old was impressive , Darling Me won a very exciting race and 5 x very good trotters had a real tussle with the parked Hope horse outstanding with great final sectionals. Add in Sundees Son and others and thats a class field !

The Cup class race was interesting in that the fav and best horse won but he was headed in the straight and had to show grit...he will be fitter on NZ Cup day.

Plus I noticed a few others in lesser races warming up for Cup week.

Certainly better racing than the average slugs plodding around most non-premier meetings !

6 hours ago, tasman man said:

Ashburton usually favours those handy to the pace......often was discussed at Jewels time.......odd in that it is a big track with a long straight but many find it hard  to make up ground.

Reasons often given are that it is down hill last 250m and often wind at back.

The races I saw were interesting ...the 2 yr old was impressive , Darling Me won a very exciting race and 5 x very good trotters had a real tussle with the parked Hope horse outstanding with great final sectionals. Add in Sundees Son and others and thats a class field !

The Cup class race was interesting in that the fav and best horse won but he was headed in the straight and had to show grit...he will be fitter on NZ Cup day.

Plus I noticed a few others in lesser races warming up for Cup week.

Certainly better racing than the average slugs plodding around most non-premier meetings !

Yes, I agree there were some good performances. Darling Me was impressive and runner-up Pelosi stuck on well after using plenty of gas to loop the field. Franco Indie won easily.