RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Would the TAB do this….???

7 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I may end up with egg on my face but I think he has the task ahead of him with 57kgs...JMO.

Crikey Scooby Do after seeing that win I reckon he could win with you on.... wet Cup in the forecast 🤔

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Sounds like a weird business practice to me, paying out early. Lots to lose and absolutely no upside to it. Why do they do it?

Plenty of upside in increased advertising for this years race and into the future and warm fuzzies for the Brand and probably an instant profitable outcome from the race.

Sportsbet have apparently paid out $6 mill on this and the story has gone around the world ,and likely to create added interest in UK etc who don't have the recent number of runners.

Its the biggest gambling event of the year in Aussie so the $6mill likely to recouped many times over !

Great for the Brand !

8 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Sounds like a weird business practice to me, paying out early. Lots to lose and absolutely no upside to it. Why do they do it?

Because we're talking about it

However, Paddy Power got smoked when they paid out on Tiger Woods winning the 2009 PGA Championship.

1 hour ago, NextPlease said:

Because we're talking about it

However, Paddy Power got smoked when they paid out on Tiger Woods winning the 2009 PGA Championship.

Yep. And they know they can go wrong - even then they still win. Loyal punters with $ in their pockets they wouldn't otherwise have had.