RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Palliser

Mask wearing taking dogs to boxes

without sounding like a broken record...

the concern of covering ones nose by mask wearing ... when ones eyes arent covered also just reveals the absurdity of it all!!

But i digress...

The pretend rabbit that the greyhounds chase around the track... is a funny sort of irony, when considering people are being led down the track by a very elusive  virus

...which has owner/trainers putting on masks like dogs

Greyhounds might be chuckling at their handlers LOL

greyhound chuckle.png

9 hours ago, Palliser said:

Have noticed a chap at Christchurch that never covers his nose, and same with chap leading out Cole dogs in C.D ?? .. obviously nobody is checking this

The Correct way  of breathing is in through the nose and out through the mouth, makes us a very efficient machine as Oxygen oxidises and helps remove toxins. Our Naso osopharynx also incorporates a very successful antigen defence system which contains T Cells within the Waldeyer  ring , inhaling through the nose almost guarantees the smallest particulates make contact with mucous membranes unlike most at under 0.5 nanometers which if inhaled through the mouth go directly into the upper respiratory tract...a mask CANNOT stop these particulates... if you wear a mask walking outside by choice or  worse driving in you’re own vehicle you need to take a long hard look at yourself . 🙄

Time to look at Pfizer’s own Clinical trials before listening to people on TV. To late for many but Novavax is the next double shot which was paid for last year and trialed in April before Delta.... by the time those signed up get the next double shot we will be onto yet another variant ....forget these handlers and enjoy the Racing, and remember Cats and Dogs like mink can get ‘Covid ‘ according to literature ... muzzle and mask 😆 19 second 295m here we come

9 hours ago, Palliser said:

What's all that guff got to do with the rules ?

And whats you’re role here? Just a concerned Citizen ? Try educating yourself ,and you may find that concern you have is unfounded and doesn’t warrant the attention you have thrust upon it. Dobbing in Dog handlers who just need to breath easy 🙄 Whats next ?

On 10/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, Gruff said:

And whats you’re role here? Just a concerned Citizen ? Try educating yourself ,and you may find that concern you have is unfounded and doesn’t warrant the attention you have thrust upon it. Dobbing in Dog handlers who just need to breath easy 🙄 Whats next ?

Hahaha !! .. I haven't the slightest interest in all the conspiracies and any of the thousands of so called theories going around, rightly or wrongly will just hang with the vast majority thanks.

NO masks or Face coverings on any of these Dogs on Takapuna Beach, Auckland for Sculpture by the Sea, indeed there would have been less than a handful over over 400 people at the beach wearing a mask.

Plenty of people swimming, surfing and no one much been concerned about Behavior Science Social Distancing, indeed it was very much common sense living

And we have only seen 1 lone Chinese woman ever wearing a mask whilst swimming in the ocean and thankfully they were not there this week.

The last thing New Zealand needs is all those dreaded Plastic Masks in our oceans.

Wake up NZ Racing, throw the nonsense OCD stuff out the door and get back into the real world that the rest of us are doing our best to do, that of enjoying life as Sir / Dr Truby King and his wife Lady King, Plunket and Modern Motherhood encouraged all the people to do in a positive Healthy, Happy manner. If you don't know who they are, look them up and educate yourself.

image.thumb.png.0d8c08a48bd7f11c6211d9f8bb8dd541.png

17 hours ago, Palliser said:

Hahaha !! .. I haven't the slightest interest in all the conspiracies and any of the thousands of so called theories going around, rightly or wrongly will just hang with the vast majority thanks.

No Conspiracy or theory ,just look at the Official Documents.... but unfortunately those come after as you’re concern grows 🙄😆  What ever blows ya hair back Pali, but mask wearing is difficult for many , so for their health’s sake it’s not worthy of conflict 

On 10/25/2021 at 12:44 PM, Palliser said:

Have noticed a chap at Christchurch that never covers his nose, and same with chap leading out Cole dogs in C.D ?? .. obviously nobody is checking this

I wonder if any of these mask wearers avoided the invisible  peril...updates?

Funny you should say that.  I read the title and started to read the posts oblivious to the date and thought "what plonker is still wearing a mask?"

I thought the pandemic was declared over yet, there are still some courtrooms around the country closed for Covid unless you are up on a charge, and some rest homes you can't visit unless vaccinated against Covid-19.  I wonder if you don't have to appear for your case then if unvaccinated.  It might be via video link or Zoom.  Haha.

The mind boggles!!

Mask wearing is still compulsory in many medical places such as GP's, chemists, blood test laboratories, hospitals etc. i don't know whether that's some or all, but certainly I visited one of each of the above four places today {as i do every week or two). With numbers again being on the rise, some work places have recently reintroduced them too. As the above poster says, people can still wear them whenever and wherever they choose, and should be able to do so without ridicule. This is outside of where they are compulsory. 

Yip you can choose to wear whatever you want, even if the germs build up more behind the mask than are transferred through the air.

Vests are compulsory for jockeys even though many have thought they are not safe but, it has taken Shane Dye to speak out about them for others to voice their opinions in public.

Many people can be sheep like until they think about things with a little bit of logic.

1 hour ago, it's a ballroom said:

my point to you is that anybody should be able to do whatever they want ( not just mask wearing but anything ) without people like you ridiculing them . 

Interesting comment.  Don't you think what happened during the pandemic changed any freedom of choice we once had?

2 hours ago, Hi Ho Silver said:

Yip you can choose to wear whatever you want, even if the germs build up more behind the mask than are transferred through the air.

Vests are compulsory for jockeys even though many have thought they are not safe but, it has taken Shane Dye to speak out about them for others to voice their opinions in public.

Many people can be sheep like until they think about things with a little bit of logic.

If you were wearing the mask for a full shift without change then possibly, except most work places where masks are compulsory - i.e; medical paces - are totally full of sick people anyway, particularly at this time of year, so that being the case I'd respectfully dispute your statement as unsupported B/S. On a day like today with  4 seperate medical visits, I only put mine on at each place, then remove it until arriving at the next one. I have seen some people driving, masked up and alone, which is fairly interesting. Maybe they're afraid of misplacing it before they need it next? 

I know I certainly appreciate everybody being forced to mask up whilst having my weekly chemo. The virus may not have much effect on the average healthy New Zealander, however there's a certain percentage of the population, the relatively small percentage, that people like you don't give a fuck about (that's the attitude you portray anyway), They tend to dismiss others because "I'm okay Jack". Self centred much? Maybe it' not seen as manly to mask up? 

The vests comparison is a red herring, as the vests are designed to protect the wearer where as masks are more about helping to protect everybody else around except the wearer. Whether the vests are actually a help or a hinderance is a seperate debate. 

It's a little precious on the greyhound side of this site, a little funny that anything I may say that goes against an opinion is an "attitude",  and any segue is dismissed as a separate debate.

Lateral and logical thinking are definitely not in abundance here.

It's more opinionated than factual but, that's fine on a forum such as this.  You'd have to wonder though when people got so narky about differences of opinion.