RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

N.I TROT SCENE

23 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Covid is masking what must be one sick industry......... how could you run a business with 7 horse fields and 8 races.

Tipsters having a ball thou ........ they can still pick half the field and manage 4 winners from 28 odd tips. with average dividend $1.29

Bring back 1974

That 29 cent profit would have bought you something in 1974, now it gets you nothing.

Horse numbers will continue to decline as the numbers of owners decline. There are multiple factors underlying this and while it is great to see industry efforts to get new blood in through syndicates and to improve stakes, harness racing has tough competition when it comes to Aucklanders' discretionary spending. What we don't need up north is poor programming accentuating the problem (eg at present we have Cambridge, Auckland and Manawatu racing within 5 days of each other). Hopefully numbers up here will pick up next month - the lockdowns did disrupt the training programmes for horses based at Puke and Cambridge and the Auckland border is an added complication. I know our best horse will be back racing in Nov.

22 hours ago, mikenz said:

That 29 cent profit would have bought you something in 1974, now it gets you nothing.

Yes , and the club would have charged you $2 to get in as the evening would have be interesting enough for them to be able to charge you for watching.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:30 AM, ivanthegreat said:

Yes , and the club would have charged you $2 to get in as the evening would have be interesting enough for them to be able to charge you for watching.

True, and despite every raceday having free intercourse, not many are tempted to turn up.

DO THEY COUNT THOSE PEOPLE THAT BOOKED A MEAL AT THE STEAK PLACE AS PART OF THE CROWD ??

THE COMMON TATER CERTAINLY THINKS SO........ I WONDER WHETHER HE GETS A FREEBE....... YOU'D THINK SO .

HOPE THEY HAVE A WARNING ON THE MENU .... " ENSURE YOUR MAIDEN TROTTER IS PAST THE POST BEFORE MASTICATING". 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, eljay said:

Petrol still on the rise - too expensive now to travel unless you a billionaire.     Unfortunately this government couldn't care less.

Just as an aside Lloyd, there are no shortcuts. Would like to see Bro in Whitianga (can't get through Auckland anyway) but from Whangarei it can be a long and expensive trip fuel-wise. Thought maybe a small plane ride would be the go. Rang Sunair who often detour to Whitianga on their normal Whangarei- Tauranga route. "Can be done" said the woman. "Just roughly what would the fare be," I asked. Answer: $395 pp, ONE WAY !!!! I had to tell her (nicely) I just wanted to know the fare, I didn't want to buy the whole fucking plane.

As I said earlier - no shortcuts.

When - or should I say if - people will be able to watch racing on course, will the clubs know how to get crowds back to their venues?    The ATC by reputation/history will I imagine just sit back and wait for the public to roll back through the gates.    Well I cant see that happening - people are just getting used to staying at home!    You can bet on your phones and watch Trackside they cry - but the race pools show this is not working.     Newsletters to members have almost dried up completely - not that we ever got much racing info from them.    Things just dont happen, do they?