RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Cup Week Over for Many.

Cindy & Co couldn't organize a piss up at a brewery, so it's no surprise that they won't let a party at the races, that they have nothing to do with organizing, go ahead.

As far as the pie man goes, once upon a time ministers of the crown were staunch advocates for the industries they were ministers of. Show me one minister that has done that in this current dictatorship, who rule by fear and fear alone.

Almost 2 years of Covid and NO COVID CASES IN THE SOUTH ISLAND FOR ALMOST 12 MONTHS....... But wait, they now have a plan, we just have to wait until Friday to hear it!!!!

6 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

No public allowed according to HRNZ website. thanks alot Cindy and Co.

Wonder how Grant, I'm the Min of Racing,, will compensate the codes for stopping the  public into the biggest week in NZ racing

Inevitable decision I am afraid. I doubt that the Minister of Racing/Sport/Finance will give a toss about NZ Trotting Cup meeting. Most politicians couldn't care less about the Mainland, unless there is a photo op down here. 

I feel sorry for the NZ Metropolitan Club as there finances will take a major hit. I am sure they make most of their money on Cup Day. On-course turnover will be massively down but I guess off-course betting will increase.

Thank you Jacinda.

The NZ Trotting Cup our biggest harness race, carries a ton of history and what the hell, level bloody 2 lockdown WTF there's been no cases down South I fricken don't get it, aunty Cinda you and yuh mates are killin us, bloody covid aside.....this sux!!!! grrrrrrrrr

Cheers Iraklis

Well aren't the hospitality venues around Canterbury going to have a big week.

It''s a shame that the TAB are not going to allow venues the use of extra TAB Pods that will not be in use at either Addington or Riccarton for use in venues. 

Numbers in these venues is going to be wall to wall. At least venues with TAB facilities will also be able to cash in on commissions with punters using their accounts on their phones etc.

Why has the Racing Industry not written to the Politicians to put them on notice that their decsions are unlawful, and applied to Courts of Laws to seek this State of Emergency and Covid19 Act to be revoked?
Under laws it states that an Infectious Disease ''Has broken out" not one pending - and how long is it reasonable to be placed in any form of lockdown?
 A Lockdown is not so much as included in New Zealand Laws - it's Self Isolation and Quarantine.

Interestingly the Cattle Disease Act 1861 was enacted into Law prior to The Public Health Act which was amended by Mr Gisborne in 1869 to include provisions for those who didn't have somewhere to Quarantine in an era where sailing vessels didn't always make it to shore or person's perhaps didn't have accommodation in quite a different era to what we have available today.

Here's an interesting Legal Case from that era involving Canterbury whereby they were ordered to Rescind the decision to restrict movement because Ian Featherstone made a stuff up.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TC18640722.2.11

image.thumb.png.f0eadf9066f882a74e4c7ffe2632bd6a.png

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TC18640722.2.13

image.thumb.png.8bafacb09335e396bd395a164cc479d3.png

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/IT19140924.2.15.2

Public Health Act Notice of Infectious Disease - and note the requirements If one is unwell.

It's definitely NOT how this current lot of Politicians and Director General of Health are applying the Law of the Land as was the Spirit and Intent of the Laws.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Correct, its the biggest turnover day in the whole of NZ racing although Karaka millions rivals in given one has 12 races and the other 6

I read where  a 'selected' crowd will be allowed access.

One of the few 'benefits' these days of being a member of the Club .

Owners of horses racing on day will also get in , but with so many big syndicates in operation these days I guess some of these groups may also be restricted as well .

Of course Auckland /Waikato and other level 3 lepers will need things to change re Travel before the big day.

Where are the benefits from being double vaxxed ? I never even got a a free pizza or fish and chips !

2 hours ago, tasman man said:

I read where  a 'selected' crowd will be allowed access.

One of the few 'benefits' these days of being a member of the Club .

Owners of horses racing on day will also get in , but with so many big syndicates in operation these days I guess some of these groups may also be restricted as well .

Of course Auckland /Waikato and other level 3 lepers will need things to change re Travel before the big day.

Where are the benefits from being double vaxxed ? I never even got a a free pizza or fish and chips !

Have you seen the latest from Prof Neil Ferguson , UK and Plan B @tasman man?
You have a few more Endless Data Jabs coming yet!
People as a result of what they have been subjected to are now rebelling and not going for a 2nd jab, nor for subsequent ones as they have seen the Sunlight what is really going on.

Best to have one's own GP who is legally required to get to know their Patient and their circumstances and individual Health situation rather than rely on the Garbage In Garbage Out from people who have not ever met or examined one.

"First do no Harm"

Btw, the Legal Fraternity are also required to adhere to Rule of Laws and know their Clients and Circumstances to.

We have all been subjected to a Mass Experiment when it's been long proven Mass Vaccination doesn't work and one size doesn't fit all.

One of the worst things that they have done, and they need to be accountable for, is add 'incentives' like bonuses, KFC, phones etc as that falls into Bribery and Corruption, Secret Commissions Act and was clamped down on in the likes of Australia around 2007 with Pharmaceutical companies...

If this really for The Greater Good, why are they providing products like KFC to those who already have serious health issues?
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to encourage people to go outside and exercise to be a Healthy Nation to reduce Overwhelming Hospitals and ICU?

11 hours ago, meomy said:

Why has the Racing Industry not written to the Politicians to put them on notice that their decsions are unlawful, and applied to Courts of Laws to seek this State of Emergency and Covid19 Act to be revoked?
Under laws it states that an Infectious Disease ''Has broken out" not one pending - and how long is it reasonable to be placed in any form of lockdown?
 A Lockdown is not so much as included in New Zealand Laws - it's Self Isolation and Quarantine.

Interestingly the Cattle Disease Act 1861 was enacted into Law prior to The Public Health Act which was amended by Mr Gisborne in 1869 to include provisions for those who didn't have somewhere to Quarantine in an era where sailing vessels didn't always make it to shore or person's perhaps didn't have accommodation in quite a different era to what we have available today.

Here's an interesting Legal Case from that era involving Canterbury whereby they were ordered to Rescind the decision to restrict movement because Ian Featherstone made a stuff up.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TC18640722.2.11

image.thumb.png.f0eadf9066f882a74e4c7ffe2632bd6a.png

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/TC18640722.2.13

image.thumb.png.8bafacb09335e396bd395a164cc479d3.png

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/IT19140924.2.15.2

Public Health Act Notice of Infectious Disease - and note the requirements If one is unwell.

It's definitely NOT how this current lot of Politicians and Director General of Health are applying the Law of the Land as was the Spirit and Intent of the Laws.

This is the relevant section to quote when writing to and requesting Restrictions are Revoked.

See also Public Health Act legislation and wording, including Historic legislation/ bills etc where those words have been mentioned and carried forward in relation to legal obligations of those assigned Duty of Care, including Mayors, Police - who were formerly referred to as a Superintendent in one's regions.

It's overdue they are all put on Notice and held to account for failing to adhere to Rule of Law and infringing on our freedoms and failing to familiarize themselves with basic laws.

Someone may like to point this out to NZTR, Harness NZ, Tim Mills and others as it's time we all made a Stand and came #Together again as a society instead of creating a dysfunctional Nation.

image.png.51b053c97d032ecbc52127391323c35e.png

56 minutes ago, meomy said:

Have you seen the latest from Prof Neil Ferguson , UK and Plan B @tasman man?
You have a few more Endless Data Jabs coming yet!
People as a result of what they have been subjected to are now rebelling and not going for a 2nd jab, nor for subsequent ones as they have seen the Sunlight what is really going on.

Best to have one's own GP who is legally required to get to know their Patient and their circumstances and individual Health situation rather than rely on the Garbage In Garbage Out from people who have not ever met or examined one.

"First do no Harm"

Btw, the Legal Fraternity are also required to adhere to Rule of Laws and know their Clients and Circumstances to.

We have all been subjected to a Mass Experiment when it's been long proven Mass Vaccination doesn't work and one size doesn't fit all.

One of the worst things that they have done, and they need to be accountable for, is add 'incentives' like bonuses, KFC, phones etc as that falls into Bribery and Corruption, Secret Commissions Act and was clamped down on in the likes of Australia around 2007 with Pharmaceutical companies...

If this really for The Greater Good, why are they providing products like KFC to those who already have serious health issues?
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to encourage people to go outside and exercise to be a Healthy Nation to reduce Overwhelming Hospitals and ICU?

Well Meomy , I was quite happy to get my jabs ,as I have since I was a baby.

Overall I have had good health ,but like many getting older I did have a medical event a few years back and as an alternative to having my leg cut off at the knee I chose to have all sorts of jabs and substances stuck into me......like the Covid issue I was given options and read the dozens of opinions of accepting the jabs ,insertions and medications suggested.

As a letter to Herald today points out those struck with Cancer have to endure treatment with some highly toxic chemicals and therapies which kill every fast-growing cell in your body including your skin ,hair and hopefully the cancer . The jab is a doddle compared to chemotherapy.

As with most things there is a choice !

Cup week is approaching ,as I attend most years and enjoy that time of year for the racing I am pissed as that I probably can't attend as I am under this house arrest.

But it's only one year so I can live with it....but I wouldn't act in a way to deny my fellow citizen the chance of freedom etc,and a better life !

And I won't be writing to any politician  repeating some crackpot theory from some overseas 'expert' or some Internet cretan.

There are a lot of educated derelicts in this world !

For the record ,I used to work at KFC and I have had an University education !

Fascinating reading the moans in this thread. Thanks to the public health advice and the restrictions  that the govt has enacted, the Delta variant has been kept out of South Island. Yes, the public can't attend Cup Day - but those with the most on the line can. Unlike around the 60% of NZers still in Level 3,  the rest of you can have some sort of gatherings to celebrate the day. As Tasman man wrote, it is only one year. I'd much rather live with these temporary restrictions till we get our jab levels high enough than experience the levels of deaths and cases of "long covid" amongst my friends and family as experienced in other countries with similar or higher standards of living as ours. I'm all for healthy living but certainly not going to turn down the benefits of vaccinations as would prefer not to get very ill and risk death and complications in the first place.

21 hours ago, tasman man said:

Well Meomy , I was quite happy to get my jabs ,as I have since I was a baby.

Overall I have had good health ,but like many getting older I did have a medical event a few years back and as an alternative to having my leg cut off at the knee I chose to have all sorts of jabs and substances stuck into me......like the Covid issue I was given options and read the dozens of opinions of accepting the jabs ,insertions and medications suggested.

As a letter to Herald today points out those struck with Cancer have to endure treatment with some highly toxic chemicals and therapies which kill every fast-growing cell in your body including your skin ,hair and hopefully the cancer . The jab is a doddle compared to chemotherapy.

As with most things there is a choice !

Cup week is approaching ,as I attend most years and enjoy that time of year for the racing I am pissed as that I probably can't attend as I am under this house arrest.

But it's only one year so I can live with it....but I wouldn't act in a way to deny my fellow citizen the chance of freedom etc,and a better life !

And I won't be writing to any politician  repeating some crackpot theory from some overseas 'expert' or some Internet cretan.

There are a lot of educated derelicts in this world !

For the record ,I used to work at KFC and I have had an University education !

haha @tasman man we are in for an even bumpier ride with the crackpot theory peddlers from overseas yet bc they are pushing all their own Science.

New Zealand has and continues to use UCL & Imperial College Templates sad to say but true without ever so much as factoring into account our unique geographic and economic situation.

To give you the heads up. Prof Ferguson's mother in law is Eileen Pirie who is right up the Green Stuff, Climate Change etc and you won't be allowed to use anything that ain't clean green air.

Indeed you won't be going anywhere without those Green Passes to pay for all their ideas..

Who would have thought Science papers from the 1970's would see Sunlight how we should be living in little ole NZ bc of these people?

BTW, if you can be bothered look up her history of Plying students, BOYS, with Alcohol.

Will her past catch up with her??

If she was a he it would pronto.

Another heads-up, the company Breakthrough Energy under it's various company names across the world will probably be pushed in our faces to.

There won't be any Racing much longer bc World Economic Forum don't include NZ in their maps, nor do they include it as part of the Economy bc of ongoing failures by those who have 'Represented NZ' there.

We find it rather odd bc everyone used to travel by horses and they are great at Multi tasking

18 hours ago, Nelli said:

Fascinating reading the moans in this thread. Thanks to the public health advice and the restrictions  that the govt has enacted, the Delta variant has been kept out of South Island. Yes, the public can't attend Cup Day - but those with the most on the line can. Unlike around the 60% of NZers still in Level 3,  the rest of you can have some sort of gatherings to celebrate the day. As Tasman man wrote, it is only one year. I'd much rather live with these temporary restrictions till we get our jab levels high enough than experience the levels of deaths and cases of "long covid" amongst my friends and family as experienced in other countries with similar or higher standards of living as ours. I'm all for healthy living but certainly not going to turn down the benefits of vaccinations as would prefer not to get very ill and risk death and complications in the first place.

Seldom have I read such a load of tosh.

The present lockdown is entirely the Government's fault. If the government had followed through with its incessant claimed mantra, "Hard and Early", we would not be in this current predicament. The government said we would be "at the head of the queue" in purchasing the Covid-19 vaccine. Unfortunately, this was another hollow promise, among many this government has pledged but not delivered. Rather than being at the head of the queue, New Zealand was one of the last countries in the world to begin inoculating the public. If the inoculation process had started earlier in the year most of the population would have  had two jabs long before now, and lockdowns could have been dispensed with.

Furthermore, the South Island has not had a positive community case for over a year and could easily be at Level 1.

The brainwashing slogans "Hard and Early", "Team of Five MIllion", "Head of the queue", were meaningless as is the continued lockdown of the South Island.

Stop living in fear...

2 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Seldom have I read such a load of tosh.

The present lockdown is entirely the Government's fault. If the government had followed through with its incessant claimed mantra, "Hard and Early", we would not be in this current predicament. The government said we would be "at the head of the queue" in purchasing the Covid-19 vaccine. Unfortunately, this was another hollow promise, among many this government has pledged but not delivered. Rather than being at the head of the queue, New Zealand was one of the last countries in the world to begin inoculating the public. If the inoculation process had started earlier in the year most of the population would have  had two jabs long before now, and lockdowns could have been dispensed with.

Furthermore, the South Island has not had a positive community case for over a year and could easily be at Level 1.

The brainwashing slogans "Hard and Early", "Team of Five MIllion", "Head of the queue", were meaningless as is the continued lockdown of the South Island.

Stop living in fear...

IF the current Government, and those before it. had applied the Laws that control our borders and those in charge of Public Health over the years had fulfilled there  Duty of Care, there would be NO such diseases in New Zealand.

They have all failed to protect us since the age of the internet in the Public Service and failing to ensure People who came into New Zealand were permitted here in the first place according to our Public Health standards and Proficiency to undertake the jobs they are.

It's not anything 'new' it's Diseases in general - can't make it up, Read Lord Birkenhead's book which is online where he mentions ensuring the world is Disease Free by 2030, marry it up with Agenda 2030.

Look outside the SQUARE.

@Thejanitor, they should also have left it as Status Quo with people going to their own GP not placing things in the hands of Public Service who appear to have completely failed to factor into countless Laws we have had in place in differing ways over the years. 

The whole way in which local communities were founded under The Municipal Act laws has not been carried forward..you may or may not recall there used to be 5 mile, yes that's 5 MILES radius for everyday services included when Towns, Boroughs and cities were created.

Every location had a Hospital or Doctor, Bank, Post Office, Grocery store, Chemist etc that over the years have been 'lost' because of failings of successive Politicians and Bureaucrats not factoring into account various "services" wise people thought longer term to have in each of those locations for our Betterment within those original boundaries and Acts.

Well I never, there's 'Underlying Conditions' that have since come out of the shadows from the PM and others mouths..and why certain events have been canned in the name of Covid19.

It's time folk all spoke up and ensured these Politicians and Experts adhered to Rule of Law.

Never have we ever known in the history of the world has there been targets imposed on people innocently going about their lives that they are Diseased...Control, Control, Control.

Look at the history of these DOC workers and where they keep popping up... Covid19, Mbvis, Operation Evergreen, eradication of Exotic Species, you name it these same names keep popping up

Do remember where these people controlling DHB's are leading to in the middle of 2022..and where one's Private Health Information will end up.

Look up  DHB Fraud and how much money from the Public's Purse has been abused by DHB staff and contractors.

@Iraklis

Personalised case??image.png.37e9913f910dddb134fd3ecf27659848.png

According to the Court Case that Sue Grey, Nelson, took around May heard by J Sian Elias, Bloomfield and co were going on about the Financial side of the Jab...one has to question how many jabs have they ordered???

Bear in mind that the Trial was not originally for all people but a Limited number of persons...and aged over 16 years only.

There's some interesting aspects mentioned in this decision

https://kti.org.nz/?cat=5

Uh oh, here we go!!!!

My arguement all along has been; why do a covid test, up to 72 hours before hand and then let people travel, with nothing afterwards. Surely the traveller & their houshold having to self isolate for 5 days & then have a negative covid test is a better way of doing it??? 

But no, this lot have been "so busy" telling everyday hard working, law abidding citizens how it'll be from now on, that despite all their expert adivce, Delta is in the South Island....

I've never attended a protest march in my life, but if one was organized in my area about the current socialist government and their blatant lies, i'd be there like a shot. As long as it wasn't organized by a bunch of radicals; i.e Iwi, hippies, profesional protesters or greenies of course.