RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Palliser

Trackside Presenters

35 minutes ago, Palliser said:

The standards of our Trackside presenters is definitely dropped over the years. Listening to Pat Cumerford is embarrassing, he just talks nonsense, and clearly struggles to come up with anything knowledgeable, it appears he just comes out with stuff off the top of his head sometimes.

all them  do,    no interviews ( or very few and just using there knowledge just  doesn't excite me at all to bet 

2 hours ago, Palliser said:

The standards of our Trackside presenters is definitely dropped over the years. Listening to Pat Cumerford is embarrassing, he just talks nonsense, and clearly struggles to come up with anything knowledgeable, it appears he just comes out with stuff off the top of his head sometimes.

The standard of trackside has dropped off, that's why I've dropped off watching it as much.

In fact that's why I hardly watch at all,

To be fair to them some of the shit racing they have to present make it pretty hard for them. The wall to wall racing from overseas where they have no interest in it must be pretty hard to get excited about doing the form and research for. 

My only problem I have with trackside is the lack of on course presenters, Northern day and no one getting the after race emotions etc really pissed me off. 

Get On is a great show...in NZ I just cant stand the monotones of some of them and the long drawn out sentences when talking about a race. There is no good form students on trackside like they have on  Formline and Get On in Aussie...I only tune in now when the races are about to jump.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Get On is a great show...in NZ I just cant stand the monotones of some of them and the long drawn out sentences when talking about a race. There is no good form students on trackside like they have on  Formline and Get On in Aussie...I only tune in now when the races are about to jump.

Where do we get to see Get On? I only watch on a Saturday these days and only watch Aussie racing so I don't know much about our presenters. What I have seen hasn't been flash.I find the BP rubbish a bit pathetic. I used to like Liz the greyhound girl, she looked quite a classy act. There is one called Nicole I have seen who sounds ok.

Going forwards, how should the industry approach this problem and that of ensuring we have Racing Journalists like we used to?

Should we, as in the industry, set up a school where they can learn more about the industry and ensure they are made to read and learn from form and Media Publications like currently no longer The Friday Flash, Racing annuals and that of old school Racing Presentations which included the late great Philip Leishman and Lisa O'Sullivan/ Chittick and others of the pre 2,000's era?
Some of those presenting the Races, including on the Radio are an utter embarrassment.

Professional Standards are a must.

Great to see Racecourses in Australia making a stand about Code of Dress Standards as some were turning up sloppy.

Factoring into account it is an obligation to ensure Racing is supposed to include Educational aspects it is a necessity this type of concern is taken seriously promptly for the Betterment of the Racing Industry - it would certainly do more for the economy than some of the Communications Studies courses available which at times produce utter rubbish in our mainstream Media.

1 minute ago, meomy said:

Going forwards, how should the industry approach this problem and that of ensuring we have Racing Journalists like we used to?

Should we, as in the industry, set up a school where they can learn more about the industry and ensure they are made to read and learn from form and Media Publications like currently no longer The Friday Flash, Racing annuals and that of old school Racing Presentations which included the late great Philip Leishman and Lisa O'Sullivan/ Chittick and others of the pre 2,000's era?
Some of those presenting the Races, including on the Radio are utter embarrassment.

Factoring into account it is an obligation to ensure Racing is supposed to include Educational aspects it is a necessity this type of concern is taken seriously promptly for the Betterment of the Racing Industry - it would certainly do more for the economy than some of the Communications Studies courses available which at times produce utter rubbish in our mainstream Media.

Presenters on radio? 

What I dont understand is why not on the big days after the NZ races are done for the day why they could not keep one channel for the big races from OZ so you get to see the build up and the after race celebrations..but no we get shit races jammed in from everywhere go to the race 1 min before and then cut away to some shit race that nobody really gives a shit about. How hard is it to be organised to do that...all they think about is stuffing as many shit races down everyones throat as they possibly can...total BS.JMO.

14 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

What I dont understand is why not on the big days after the NZ races are done for the day why they could not keep one channel for the big races from OZ so you get to see the build up and the after race celebrations..but no we get shit races jammed in from everywhere go to the race 1 min before and then cut away to some shit race that nobody really gives a shit about. How hard is it to be organised to do that...all they think about is stuffing as many shit races down everyones throat as they possibly can...total BS.JMO.

Exactly. They were just showing the horses in the parade ring for the biggest race of the year but oh sorry, we have to cross to Bendigo for a Rating 58 $27,000 race. Complete joke. And they wonder why it's hard to get people into the sport when they treat their premium product so poorly.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:40 PM, meomy said:

Some of those presenting the Races, including on the Radio are an utter embarrassment.

Professional Standards are a must.

Great to see Racecourses in Australia making a stand about Code of Dress Standards as some were turning up sloppy.

What's the pathway for these racing journalists you speak of? Good luck finding one of them a full-time job.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, We're Doomed said:

Where do we get to see Get On? I only watch on a Saturday these days and only watch Aussie racing so I don't know much about our presenters. What I have seen hasn't been flash.I find the BP rubbish a bit pathetic. I used to like Liz the greyhound girl, she looked quite a classy act. There is one called Nicole I have seen who sounds ok.

You are easily pleased then WD…..:rolleyes: 

Get On is on Trackside Sky channel usually Friday and repeated Saturday morning along with Formline and local racing.

It doesn't all come down to the presenters.

Sure, having a team like Racing.com would be fantastic, but Aussies are notoriously better at talking.

The problem is our product. It's like trying to make chess seem interesting to someone not interested in chess. The presenters are also not professional tipsters/punters, so if people were watching to get informative tips, they're in the wrong place.

Trackside should have a dedicated person, or program, that focuses on the betting angle. This should run alongside informative information about the horses, instead of going back-and-forth with Tony Lee about the chances of every runner in the damn field.

1 hour ago, NextPlease said:

It doesn't all come down to the presenters.

Sure, having a team like Racing.com would be fantastic, but Aussies are notoriously better at talking.

The problem is our product. It's like trying to make chess seem interesting to someone not interested in chess. The presenters are also not professional tipsters/punters, so if people were watching to get informative tips, they're in the wrong place.

Trackside should have a dedicated person, or program, that focuses on the betting angle. This should run alongside informative information about the horses, instead of going back-and-forth with Tony Lee about the chances of every runner in the damn field.

The ozzie presenters keep a running tally of their punting prowess ,or lack of ,which is enough of a recommendation in itself,whether good or bad as to how serious you should take notice of what they say.A lot has been said about the shark and the whale drowning in a sea of their own  tears,if punters could be helped to win they would be much better for the industry,increasing reinvestment/ turnover , winning punters are happy punters,they are repeat customers filled with optomism,the TAB and their bookies are not helping us to win so anyone employed by them must be seen as an enemy of the punting public

14 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

The ozzie presenters keep a running tally of their punting prowess ,or lack of ,which is enough of a recommendation in itself,whether good or bad as to how serious you should take notice of what they say.A lot has been said about the shark and the whale drowning in a sea of their own  tears,if punters could be helped to win they would be much better for the industry,increasing reinvestment/ turnover , winning punters are happy punters,they are repeat customers filled with optomism,the TAB and their bookies are not helping us to win so anyone employed by them must be seen as an enemy of the punting public

The whales analysis would be up there with any presenter of any code in Australasia. Not his fault that we have shit pools and people back his horses down. Yes he tips a lot of short odds but as you may have noticed we have a lot of short priced winners too. 

He's not a natural presenter but his knowledge, research and analysis makes him one of the best around IMO.

51 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

The whales analysis would be up there with any presenter of any code in Australasia. Not his fault that we have shit pools and people back his horses down. Yes he tips a lot of short odds but as you may have noticed we have a lot of short priced winners too. 

He's not a natural presenter but his knowledge, research and analysis makes him one of the best around IMO.

I think you are missing my point,the whale might be a great analyst but do punters make money ? Does he or any NZ presenter keep a tally of their onscreen punting to add a bit of creedence to what they say? That is what sets the ozzie presenters apart from our bunch and I believe it is good for turnover, just picking winners and backing them versus most of our promos that centre on quaddies and first 4s( thousands of losers for very few winners)

3 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

I think you are missing my point,the whale might be a great analyst but do punters make money ? Does he or any NZ presenter keep a tally of their onscreen punting to add a bit of creedence to what they say? That is what sets the ozzie presenters apart from our bunch and I believe it is good for turnover, just picking winners and backing them versus most of our promos that centre on quaddies and first 4s( thousands of losers for very few winners)

How many punters do you actually think make money? Like profit in the long run? He tips lots of winners so that helps turnover but are you seriously trying to tell me there are several Aussie presenters that will tip their followers into LONG TERM PROFIT?