RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Poundforpound/Nextplease Head to head Betting Duel

Starts 9th Oct 2021

Scooby can you run this one on one comp please 

Australasian racing only

Tips of your choice submitted before 10am each Saturday ..if your tips aren’t up you have half your bank deducted as a losing bet that day 

One single bet

One three legged multi ( straight multi, not any 4 etc…) 

The last bet is Melbourne Cup day 

Loser puts a grand over to Tim Vince on MC day 

From Next Please

I'll add another $250 if Leo beats me. Seeing as Race Cafe gets nothing from our competition - I'll randomly pick an RC member who can use the $250 for a bet on the Saturday following M Cup Day.

Good Luck guys.Should be fun for everyone to follow and contribute along the way.

It's called a weather forecast.. the track can change an hour before the race, but bets have to be in by 10am, so not much difference.

Also - if fixed odds bets count, I predicted I'm Thunderstruck to firm into around $2.35, so I wanted the earlier price.

Furthermore - I'm Thunderstuck has won on good, soft and heavy - so unless Caulfield suddenly becomes a synthetic surface, I think I'll be OK. Thanks for your concerns though.

1 hour ago, shaneMcAlister said:

@NextPlease I am astonished that a so called professional tipster would put bets on two days in advance without knowing final track conditions...Good luck.....

I did think the same myself, but I'm not a professional punter, so it will be interesting for us all to learn how they operate. Pretty good field that Caulfield race so there will be some good value about if thunderstruck does come into $2.35.

We're Doomed... bets must be submitted before 10am on race day. I can't wait until 2min before the race to see how the track is playing, bias etc etc.

Therefore, I take the value as I see it. I don't need all week to mull over my picks. I do them on Wednesday as soon as the fields are released. I had Thunderstuck penciled in a couple of weeks back, so I must follow through.

Had I picked a horse that was a mudlark and needed a heavy 10, with potential rain forecast on Saturday morning, I'd get your point.

This is a competition. I would normally place close to 30 bets on a Saturday, so it requires a slightly different strategy, which is fine.

5 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Unsure if we're going fixed odds, but either way.

Caulfield Race 9 - I'm Thunderstruck ($2.70 FO) - $250 win.

FO can get messy with deductions etc…..let’s just agree that it’s tote odds as declared for each bet.

Same applies to multi …I’ll do the math for you 

Just now, Memphis3 said:

We should have Super Gee and Gruff in a shootout. See how the real big guns go 

Let’s be clear, I’m a hopeless punter with no idea…..and I’m no chance in this comp……if it matters I’ve never said I go any good at the punt

I’m only here to make up the numbers …if the TAB set odds the wannabe little arse wipe would be $1.05 and I’d be paying $15 

If you’re reading this TAB dudes go set the market…I’m in 

5 hours ago, NextPlease said:

I never said I go well either!

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Let’s be clear, I’m a hopeless punter with no idea…..and I’m no chance in this comp……if it matters I’ve never said I go any good at the punt

What are u two old fools up to ...  🤣 😂 🤣  

A duel where no one wants to die, or is it handbags at 5 feet  ......  🤔

And the Lord stoodeth upon the hill, with the loaves, the fishes, and the basket of tips for the Saturday 

He said “come unto me my children, the filthy and the unwashed, every one of you, and feast yee upon my word, for I am the way and the light, to the back of the tote”

Caulfield.    $150 to win Crystal Bound in race 4

A multi, for  $350 …….Coastwatch to win, into Crystal Bound to place, into Zaaki to win

And the disciples threw tickets into the air, the natives rejoiced, grown men wept, there was dancing and singing, and wine was everywhere, and there was no more gnashing of teeth or the wailing of “curnow’s a c...” 

23 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Has a nice ring to it.

I don't mind that multi at all. Best of luck.

And the Lord said “do not pretend to be what thou art not, if you are jutht a c... then be what you are, a c..., and do not try to imitate the Lord by being a nice perthon…..or on the day of reckoning you will be judged like a turkey at a Christmas feast “