RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

Telfer 20000 payday

Reid originally nominataed one but was withdrawn.     Obviously with the big races on the horizon Stonewall wanted their good horses to get a run or two under their belt.    Can you blame them John?       As long as the current export of useful horses continues you will see plenty of this.   Incidentally I see in latest list of exports, a number of brood mares have also been exported.    Not good, is it?

1 hour ago, john legend said:

Agree eljay no blame on Mr Telfer,good for him. yes it is a sad trend for harness racing and perhaps the "experts" might like to see reality instead of stating how great things are going...

I wonder if Gary has an interest in any of them, or for that matter, any of the HRNZ board?

Firstly , the Telfer stable is a 'huge' player in the North and deserve all the success it gets ,but they can obviously see where things are going by setting up in the South as well where you can at least race horses of similar ability.

Plus the new calendar will mean the better 'group' horses will need to travel between Islands to target 'group' racing.

The North is very short of horses ,and declining ,but  made even worse by Covid Level restrictions which makes it a pain to race in Waikato and vice versa.

Currently in both Islands the age -group races for 2 and three year olds seem to be low on noms , a constant flow of sales overseas yet to be slowed !

The $20k race for 3 yr-olds was always going to struggle particularly with a horse like BD Joe looking to race. Normally he would be in Spring Cup v Copy That etc.

So the 3 yr old race has a rating range of 49 - 73. It includes one filly ...may as well race than trial as race unlikely to be a gut buster with 6 x stable mates !

Young horses often stick to own sex races but not in North !

Meanwhile the main race has a spread of 67 -120 [Copy That] .OK numbers as it a feature race and was promised to go ahead after last weeks main race not held as too few entries.

One of lower range horses since sold from that canned race which could have featured Board members horse.....so personal interest never came in to it.

Last weeks trot race also canned ,but goes ahead this week with all but 1 from same stable !

Sadly this is the REALITY of Harness in the North !

16 hours ago, eljay said:

Reid originally nominataed one but was withdrawn.     Obviously with the big races on the horizon Stonewall wanted their good horses to get a run or two under their belt.    Can you blame them John?       As long as the current export of useful horses continues you will see plenty of this.   Incidentally I see in latest list of exports, a number of brood mares have also been exported.    Not good, is it?

There has been a push for the brodmares in foal as one of the Aussie states have a lucurative race series where only those born in the state are eligle. Also  a yearling sales have similar story.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:17 AM, john legend said:

Agree eljay no blame on Mr Telfer,good for him. yes it is a sad trend for harness racing and perhaps the "experts" might like to see reality instead of stating how great things are going...

Hi John,

Just letting you know Mr Telfer also trains in partnership with Mrs Telfer (Amanda).  Just felt like you needed to be made aware in case you didn't realise.

My tip, Alta Wiseguy for the money.

Cheers,
George

26 minutes ago, john legend said:

Seeing we both wrong ,it was stated that Ms Telfer was to be in charge of the new Canterbury set up and Steve to handle Auckland...  and it is a big operation  and a successful one, thoroughly deserved..

I knew I'd get it wrong and it would be a Ms, not Mrs but I didn't make sure. I should of researched harder prior to my post.  My apologies.

Good luck this evening.

Quinella of night.. quotedabove . came in fantastic but tab theft paid $1.00 !!lol also in earlier race 8 Tab betting on  late scratchings meant divs obviously would drop but must have been tab feeling tOO exposed on fav Pauly D on ff.so dropped ff from 3 to 2. same as tote 3 to 2.but just at close suddenly  tote  droppedfrom 2 to 1.10 and paid 1.20.and 1.30 place. such a late drop all ups ? big punt last min? but more likely TAB (imho) placing big money to square ff  pay outs. Am I getting paranoic in my old age or is there smoke about ?

It's like the petrol price John - it's going up alarmingly and I reckon it just so they can take the same as they used to.     With lockdowns less petrol being used so take is down.    ThIs also helps keep the GST take up too!

On 10/5/2021 at 6:24 AM, john legend said:

Hard to believe only one trainer has horses for race 10 at Auckland this friday I know he is a great asset to harness racing but a $20000 payday for him and his clients . Good luck to him but what is the reason for this strange race ?  (are we going to the dogs !!?)

Yoles have this regularly in Tazzie .

They have enormous numbers in each race and have in the past had the same situation as above.