RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
John Clydesdale

Management techniques

1 hour ago, John Clydesdale said:

Any thoughts on the management skills of the CEO of the warriors?

I think you stirring here John......its been done to death in some social media as he heavily involved in racing too.

I think you refer to the fact he displayed a bit of 'unwoke' tough love on his young Warriors star by making him face the cameras /media after letting himself down badly lat week.

I mean this next young superstar who is a loving father with young baby was just out on the town getting pissed and snorting a bit of cocaine and causing a bit of disturbance.

Of course the CEO was hugely criticised when he moved on the teams highest paid player....I mean he USED to be good , he just had lost his form ,speed etc etc.

Then the CEO got desperate and after picking up a few Australian social players and rejects because of defections cos players isolated from families , he had to have a change of mind cos there were few options and take the faded star back.

Probably saved a lot of $$$$ and did a great job in even keeping the team in Australia in the competition.

They were losing badly , then started winning so KUDOS there !

THe local Aussie people really got to admire the Warriors up prior to the last game when a couple of the wild dogs broke loose.

He stuck with the team in Australia ,their results overall were about par for the course so he OK management skills.

Any Management job with Warriors I'd rate as a poisoned chalice !

Compared with some racing clubs eg Avondale springs to mind ,I'd say he does OK at Warriors !

What do you think ?

I’m not sure why this topic has been moved to the general site as the question was asked in the thoroughbred environment.

My reason for choosing that site was predicated by the fact that Mr George is presently our Chairman of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing. I am somewhat surprised that we have had such little reaction from keyboard critics as to the question asked. Perhaps there is only one supporter and one critic, for a billion dollar industry reaction is somewhat mute.

Cheers

John