Ponderosa8

Superstars of the Spring Comp - Round 5, Saturday 2 October...

Recommended Posts

Entry thread for Round 5 of the Superstars of the Spring Competition, Saturday 2nd October.

As advised by Scooby, it has been decided to shorten the comp and it will now finish on Saturday 6 November (was previously going to be Saturday 27 November).

Going thru to 27 November meant every Team went up against every other team once, but by now shortening the comp means that’s no longer possible, so there will no longer be Head to Head match-ups each week. We’re retaining all the Teams as is but instead of the Head to Heads its going to be an “all in” each week.

While the $250 bonus for winning the Head to Head will no longer apply, it has been replaced with a different incentive with a Bonus being paid to the Top 8 Teams each week as follows:

1st - $1,000

2nd - $750

3rd - $600

4th - $500

5th - $400

6th - $300

7th - $200

8th - $100

So if your Team is travelling average but then happen to have a good week and finish near the top of the table the Bonus might be just what you need to make it up the table… I think it certainly beats a Team scoring $2,500 (for e.g. and losing a Head to Head) while another Team scoring $2,000 (for e.g. and winning a Head to Head and gets a $250 bonus)

Lastly, with Maverick (Gunsynd) not posting again last week he has been removed from the comp and I’ve (Ponderosa8) now joined that team and will start scoring for them from this week. And will start from $0.00 in the Individual comp.

Enough of the changes and now to the important stuff.

Races for this week are..

Hastings Race 6:

Hastings Race 8:

Randwick Race 2:

Randwick Race 3:

Randwick Race 5:

Randwick Race 6:

Randwick Race 7:

Randwick Race 8:

Randwick Race 9:

Flemington Race 3:

Flemington Race 4:

Flemington Race 5:

Flemington Race 6:

Flemington Race 7:

Flemington Race 8:

(please post in the order shown, and don’t forget your 2 Best Bets).

So a big weekend with 15 races…..CLOSE OFF TIME 3.05PM

Hope you’re all okay with the changes… it shouldn’t change your thinking as either way its all about picking winners and collecting as much money as possible.…. so get your picks in and Good Luck…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pondy,

ALL great alterations in my opinion.

For memory, the last day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival is the last day of the comp , so it will have wrapped up the Major Spring Races by then, as intended.

Hopefully the new duration will be more manageable from your scoring perspective as well, as it was quite a long haul ahead of you.

My availability can be a bit unpredictable, but if you need a break from scoring let me know and I'll see if I can sub in at some point. 

Also I'm glad you have come off the ballot and got a start. I thought it was amazingly generous of you to devote the time to the scoring without even having an running interest in the event itself.

Good luck with your selections.

Cheers,

Phil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being contacted by many members I have decided to shorten the length of the Superstars of the Spring Competition to finish the weekend of 6th November. There has been some slight changes to the scoring to keep it more competitive and interesting for ALL teams to have a shot a winning the competition right up until the end. Ponderosa has posted the changes with the latest entry thread. Once again thanks to everyone for playing the competition to date and we hope everyone continues to play until the end....one good weekend is all  it needs to get back in the hunt.

Cheers Scooby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

 

After being contacted by many members I have decided to shorten the length of the Superstars of the Spring Competition to finish the weekend of 6th November. There has been some slight changes to the scoring to keep it more competitive and interesting for ALL teams to have a shot a winning the competition right up until the end. Ponderosa has posted the changes with the latest entry thread. Once again thanks to everyone for playing the competition to date and we hope everyone continues to play until the end....one good weekend is all  it needs to get back in the hunt.

Cheers Scooby.

Excellent changes Scooby and very fair for all teams I believe.

It's been great fun so far and looking forward to Team Castletown mounting a well timed run to get the honours.

Thanks to you and Pondy for all your efforts.

Cheers,

Phil 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

its all about picking winners

Looking at those races nominated Ponder. Races 2 and 3 are just a mad scamper of First start 2 year olds at Royal Randwick over 1000m . There is No form to look at. It's just a lottery. 

Would not Races 4 and 10 at Randwick be a 'BetterBet' at looking at some form instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

 

So a big weekend with 15 races…..CLOSE OFF TIME 3.05PM

To assist our amazing scorer, who does such an amazing job of adding to our entertainment by providing updates after each race, I'd like to encourage all competitors to 'keep it clean' when it comes to posting selections.

I have been dabbling in the background and have a little understanding of how 'Behemoth' a task it is to load everyone's selections and Best Bets, let alone keepin Tabs on scratching subs, posting errors etc

This week, keep in mind that with 15 races there will be:

1360 individual selections to record and monitor (1200 selections from 80 competitors plus 160 BB to highlight).

Last week it seemed that most followed the 'requested format' which removes excess noise from Race names etc, although I did see the Chief Stipe had to issue one or two warnings to improve racing manners.

Early entries I believe are welcomed, as it allows some prep time to get things lined up before the first jump, and conversely last minute entries must make life difficult to pull together.

So posting as early as possible (although too early inevitably will result in scratchings affect some original posts), in the requested format, will hopefully provide a smoother task for Pondy. 

 Cheers,

Phil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that may be interested, by my reckoning, there have been 40 races completed.

Standing to be corrected, this should equate to $1800 spent by each competitor.

That puts only 36 (45.5%) of the 79 (excluding Maverick) on the right side of the ledger to date.

It will be interesting to see if this can be improved on, possibly as Tracks hopefully get more consistent. 

At least the chasing peleton is headed up by someone strong who can drag them up to the leaders 😄

 

PLAYER NAME   CURRENT TOTAL
Gruff   $3,377.40
Mr Gee   $3,159.20
Ivan the Great   $3,034.80
Kundalini   $2,674.80
Goodison   $2,566.60
Hall   $2,512.00
Romantic Miss   $2,406.20
The Sherriff   $2,300.80
Caroline   $2,269.00
Ohokaman   $2,191.00
Rodders   $2,190.00
Betty   $2,162.20
Insider   $2,123.80
Pegasus9   $2,116.20
Zappa   $2,094.40
Arjay   $2,065.20
Ripples   $2,064.80
Stoyd   $2,059.40
Kloppite   $2,043.20
Napier   $2,042.00
Pure Steel   $2,030.60
Turny Tom   $1,993.60
Alf   $1,971.20
Richie   $1,966.00
Talk1   $1,939.20
Warren   $1,923.40
Seddon   $1,922.40
Lynzim   $1,915.60
Al Feilding   $1,906.40
NextPlease   $1,897.60
Nicobury   $1,864.60
Common Sensical    $1,861.00
Scooby3051   $1,855.40
Black Caviar56   $1,850.80
SayNoMore   $1,850.20
High Sparrow   $1,814.60
Alf Riston   $1,794.40
Weekend Hussler   $1,772.40
Camacho   $1,755.60
Zak Hussai    $1,711.40
Tasman Man   $1,704.00
Von Cettes   $1,702.80
MrZim   $1,665.00
MikeNZ   $1,630.60
L.J. Shannon   $1,626.20
Alan1234   $1,618.00
Memphis3   $1,584.60
Jenlove   $1,584.40
Jack   $1,566.80
Peter R S   $1,563.00
Littletramp   $1,546.00
Loancrusher   $1,537.60
The Paw   $1,527.20
Black Caviar   $1,520.00
Sayer   $1,507.40
Floyd Pink   $1,500.60
Nukkledragga   $1,495.20
Racing Jimmy   $1,456.60
Koriokaramea   $1,428.00
Toddy   $1,395.80
D.Burrow   $1,391.40
Black Kirrama   $1,363.60
Archer   $1,350.00
Catalano   $1,350.00
Majestic   $1,304.40
Dogzstar1   $1,292.20
Houlahan's Dream   $1,286.00
Basil Brush   $1,266.00
Casper   $1,203.60
Shakti63   $1,193.40
Smiler   $1,135.80
Nerula   $1,115.40
Tacula   $1,094.20
Cubes   $1,057.00
Mike28   $1,014.80
Redrew2000   $1,012.20
Sir Castleton   $1,011.00
Puntwarriors   $966.60
Mooseman   $958.00
Maverick   $301.80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pure Steel said:

Looking at those races nominated Ponder. Races 2 and 3 are just a mad scamper of First start 2 year olds at Royal Randwick over 1000m . There is No form to look at. It's just a lottery. 

Would not Races 4 and 10 at Randwick be a 'BetterBet' at looking at some form instead?

Its very clear ONLY Group or listed races...end of story sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Alf Riston said:

For those that may be interested, by my reckoning, there have been 40 races completed.

Standing to be corrected, this should equate to $1800 spent by each competitor.

That puts only 36 (45.5%) of the 79 (excluding Maverick) on the right side of the ledger to date.

It will be interesting to see if this can be improved on, possibly as Tracks hopefully get more consistent. 

At least the chasing peleton is headed up by someone strong who can drag them up to the leaders 😄

 

PLAYER NAME   CURRENT TOTAL
Gruff   $3,377.40
Mr Gee   $3,159.20
Ivan the Great   $3,034.80
Kundalini   $2,674.80
Goodison   $2,566.60
Hall   $2,512.00
Romantic Miss   $2,406.20
The Sherriff   $2,300.80
Caroline   $2,269.00
Ohokaman   $2,191.00
Rodders   $2,190.00
Betty   $2,162.20
Insider   $2,123.80
Pegasus9   $2,116.20
Zappa   $2,094.40
Arjay   $2,065.20
Ripples   $2,064.80
Stoyd   $2,059.40
Kloppite   $2,043.20
Napier   $2,042.00
Pure Steel   $2,030.60
Turny Tom   $1,993.60
Alf   $1,971.20
Richie   $1,966.00
Talk1   $1,939.20
Warren   $1,923.40
Seddon   $1,922.40
Lynzim   $1,915.60
Al Feilding   $1,906.40
NextPlease   $1,897.60
Nicobury   $1,864.60
Common Sensical    $1,861.00
Scooby3051   $1,855.40
Black Caviar56   $1,850.80
SayNoMore   $1,850.20
High Sparrow   $1,814.60
Alf Riston   $1,794.40
Weekend Hussler   $1,772.40
Camacho   $1,755.60
Zak Hussai    $1,711.40
Tasman Man   $1,704.00
Von Cettes   $1,702.80
MrZim   $1,665.00
MikeNZ   $1,630.60
L.J. Shannon   $1,626.20
Alan1234   $1,618.00
Memphis3   $1,584.60
Jenlove   $1,584.40
Jack   $1,566.80
Peter R S   $1,563.00
Littletramp   $1,546.00
Loancrusher   $1,537.60
The Paw   $1,527.20
Black Caviar   $1,520.00
Sayer   $1,507.40
Floyd Pink   $1,500.60
Nukkledragga   $1,495.20
Racing Jimmy   $1,456.60
Koriokaramea   $1,428.00
Toddy   $1,395.80
D.Burrow   $1,391.40
Black Kirrama   $1,363.60
Archer   $1,350.00
Catalano   $1,350.00
Majestic   $1,304.40
Dogzstar1   $1,292.20
Houlahan's Dream   $1,286.00
Basil Brush   $1,266.00
Casper   $1,203.60
Shakti63   $1,193.40
Smiler   $1,135.80
Nerula   $1,115.40
Tacula   $1,094.20
Cubes   $1,057.00
Mike28   $1,014.80
Redrew2000   $1,012.20
Sir Castleton   $1,011.00
Puntwarriors   $966.60
Mooseman   $958.00
Maverick   $301.80

It’s easy to puncture, it’s anyone’s 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Looking at those races nominated Ponder. Races 2 and 3 are just a mad scamper of First start 2 year olds at Royal Randwick over 1000m . There is No form to look at. It's just a lottery. 

 

Plenty of trial form (and videos) to look at!  Always love those first Sydney 2yo races.   Enthaar last year, Capitalist 5 or 6 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alf Riston said:

For those that may be interested, by my reckoning, there have been 40 races completed.

Standing to be corrected, this should equate to $1800 spent by each competitor.

That puts only 36 (45.5%) of the 79 (excluding Maverick) on the right side of the ledger to date.

 

40 races at $42 per race = $1,680.   Then allow for 8 best bets which equate to a further 8 x $42 = $336 giving total spent of $2,016.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sorry for the false start all. I stood to be corrected and thankfully there is someone out there with a clearer head than I.

So, with the corrected spend now plugged in, there are only 21 (26.6%) clever people ahead of the game.

Now it's up to Turny Tom to turn it all around for those of us below the line and lead us on to better things.

 

PLAYER NAME   CURRENT TOTAL
Gruff   $3,377.40
Mr Gee   $3,159.20
Ivan the Great   $3,034.80
Kundalini   $2,674.80
Goodison   $2,566.60
Hall   $2,512.00
Romantic Miss   $2,406.20
The Sherriff   $2,300.80
Caroline   $2,269.00
Ohokaman   $2,191.00
Rodders   $2,190.00
Betty   $2,162.20
Insider   $2,123.80
Pegasus9   $2,116.20
Zappa   $2,094.40
Arjay   $2,065.20
Ripples   $2,064.80
Stoyd   $2,059.40
Kloppite   $2,043.20
Napier   $2,042.00
Pure Steel   $2,030.60
Turny Tom   $1,993.60
Alf   $1,971.20
Richie   $1,966.00
Talk1   $1,939.20
Warren   $1,923.40
Seddon   $1,922.40
Lynzim   $1,915.60
Al Feilding   $1,906.40
NextPlease   $1,897.60
Nicobury   $1,864.60
Common Sensical    $1,861.00
Scooby3051   $1,855.40
Black Caviar56   $1,850.80
SayNoMore   $1,850.20
High Sparrow   $1,814.60
Alf Riston   $1,794.40
Weekend Hussler   $1,772.40
Camacho   $1,755.60
Zak Hussai    $1,711.40
Tasman Man   $1,704.00
Von Cettes   $1,702.80
MrZim   $1,665.00
MikeNZ   $1,630.60
L.J. Shannon   $1,626.20
Alan1234   $1,618.00
Memphis3   $1,584.60
Jenlove   $1,584.40
Jack   $1,566.80
Peter R S   $1,563.00
Littletramp   $1,546.00
Loancrusher   $1,537.60
The Paw   $1,527.20
Black Caviar   $1,520.00
Sayer   $1,507.40
Floyd Pink   $1,500.60
Nukkledragga   $1,495.20
Racing Jimmy   $1,456.60
Koriokaramea   $1,428.00
Toddy   $1,395.80
D.Burrow   $1,391.40
Black Kirrama   $1,363.60
Archer   $1,350.00
Catalano   $1,350.00
Majestic   $1,304.40
Dogzstar1   $1,292.20
Houlahan's Dream   $1,286.00
Basil Brush   $1,266.00
Casper   $1,203.60
Shakti63   $1,193.40
Smiler   $1,135.80
Nerula   $1,115.40
Tacula   $1,094.20
Cubes   $1,057.00
Mike28   $1,014.80
Redrew2000   $1,012.20
Sir Castleton   $1,011.00
Puntwarriors   $966.60
Mooseman   $958.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Its very clear ONLY Group or listed races...end of story sorry.

...and just on that. There are actually 3 Listed Races at Flemington on the weekend. But it was decided to drop them out as that would've meant 18 races which might have been a bit much for some.... so  we're going with the 15 Group race only this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Cubes is gonna post early this week foresure..

And gets to be one of fifty allowed to Riccarton on Saturday !!!

Lucky abacus.....lift off

Magic dartboard.....thrown those arrows

Results are in

Hast 6...#6 , #7

Hast 8...#6 , #9

Rand 2...#2 , #7

Rand 3...#13 , #14

Rand 5...#1 , #6

Rand 6...#1 , #6

Rand 7...#1 , #5

Rand 8...#1 , #13....BB

Rand 9...#9 , #12

Flem 3...#1 , #3

Flem 4...#2 , #8

Flem 5...#2 , #8

Flem 6...#2 , #9

Flem 7...#4 , #8

Flem 8...#8 , #18...BB

Go the Cav

Go the Cossack

Onwards to Glory.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastings Race 6: 12,13
Hastings Race 8: 9,10
Randwick Race 2: 8,9
Randwick Race 3: 5,6
Randwick Race 5: 5,6
Randwick Race 6: 7,9
Randwick Race 7: 7,9
Randwick Race 8: 5,12
Randwick Race 9: 16,17
Flemington Race 3: 9,15
Flemington Race 4: 4,7
Flemington Race 5: 5,8
Flemington Race 6: 11,12
Flemington Race 7: 6,10 bb
Flemington Race 8: 11,14 bb

Thank you Leigh and Ponderosa
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastings Race 6: 6,7
Hastings Race 8: 5,8
Randwick Race 2: 1,4
Randwick Race 3: 10,14
Randwick Race 5: 2,3
Randwick Race 6: 3,6
Randwick Race 7: 2,6
Randwick Race 8: 3,4
Randwick Race 9: 13,14
Flemington Race 3: 2,8
Flemington Race 4: 8,9
Flemington Race 5: 3,7
Flemington Race 6: 4,10
Flemington Race 7: 7,8 BB
Flemington Race 8: 6,9 BB

 

Thanks Leigh and Ponderosa
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Talk1 said:

Ponderosa joining in on zero dollars? It's an outrage. Surely he could slot in at a number that gives him a chance -say $2000.

Cheers

tony

Thanks Tony.. but as the saying goes when you're at the very bottom there is only 1 way you can go.

I've never been one to take favourites and outsiders are my go anyway... so a couple of huge/lucky weekends is what I'll be after, buf if they dont happen I'll just stay on the bottom😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Alf Riston said:

 

Sorry for the false start all. I stood to be corrected and thankfully there is someone out there with a clearer head than I.

So, with the corrected spend now plugged in, there are only 21 (26.6%) clever people ahead of the game.

Now it's up to Turny Tom to turn it all around for those of us below the line and lead us on to better things.

 

PLAYER NAME   CURRENT TOTAL
Gruff   $3,377.40
Mr Gee   $3,159.20
Ivan the Great   $3,034.80
Kundalini   $2,674.80
Goodison   $2,566.60
Hall   $2,512.00
Romantic Miss   $2,406.20
The Sherriff   $2,300.80
Caroline   $2,269.00
Ohokaman   $2,191.00
Rodders   $2,190.00
Betty   $2,162.20
Insider   $2,123.80
Pegasus9   $2,116.20
Zappa   $2,094.40
Arjay   $2,065.20
Ripples   $2,064.80
Stoyd   $2,059.40
Kloppite   $2,043.20
Napier   $2,042.00
Pure Steel   $2,030.60
Turny Tom   $1,993.60
Alf   $1,971.20
Richie   $1,966.00
Talk1   $1,939.20
Warren   $1,923.40
Seddon   $1,922.40
Lynzim   $1,915.60
Al Feilding   $1,906.40
NextPlease   $1,897.60
Nicobury   $1,864.60
Common Sensical    $1,861.00
Scooby3051   $1,855.40
Black Caviar56   $1,850.80
SayNoMore   $1,850.20
High Sparrow   $1,814.60
Alf Riston   $1,794.40
Weekend Hussler   $1,772.40
Camacho   $1,755.60
Zak Hussai    $1,711.40
Tasman Man   $1,704.00
Von Cettes   $1,702.80
MrZim   $1,665.00
MikeNZ   $1,630.60
L.J. Shannon   $1,626.20
Alan1234   $1,618.00
Memphis3   $1,584.60
Jenlove   $1,584.40
Jack   $1,566.80
Peter R S   $1,563.00
Littletramp   $1,546.00
Loancrusher   $1,537.60
The Paw   $1,527.20
Black Caviar   $1,520.00
Sayer   $1,507.40
Floyd Pink   $1,500.60
Nukkledragga   $1,495.20
Racing Jimmy   $1,456.60
Koriokaramea   $1,428.00
Toddy   $1,395.80
D.Burrow   $1,391.40
Black Kirrama   $1,363.60
Archer   $1,350.00
Catalano   $1,350.00
Majestic   $1,304.40
Dogzstar1   $1,292.20
Houlahan's Dream   $1,286.00
Basil Brush   $1,266.00
Casper   $1,203.60
Shakti63   $1,193.40
Smiler   $1,135.80
Nerula   $1,115.40
Tacula   $1,094.20
Cubes   $1,057.00
Mike28   $1,014.80
Redrew2000   $1,012.20
Sir Castleton   $1,011.00
Puntwarriors   $966.60
Mooseman   $958.00

Is it two 10 each way and a ten dollar quinella, that's 50 bucks each race?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastings Race 6: 1 Wakari, 8 Mana Nui

Hastings Race 8: 1 Callsign Mav, 4 Spring Tide

Randwick Race 2: 2 Collangatta, 11 Wild Botanica

Randwick Race 3: 4 Kibou, 13 Victory Moments

Randwick Race 5: 1 Think it Over, 2 Keiai Nautique

Randwick Race 6:  1 Masked Crusader, 5 Rothfire

Randwick Race 7: 2 Mallory, 8 Von Trapp

Randwick Race 8:  7 Icebath, 6 Hungry Heart

Randwick Race 9: 3 Quick Thinker, 12 She's Ideel BB

Flemington Race 3: 5 Adele Amour, 11 Daisies

Flemington Race 4: 1 Zoutori, 4 Splintex

Flemington Race 5: 4 Ranch Hand, 10 Mornington Glory

Flemington Race 6: 3 Mystic Journey, 2 Instant Celebrity

Flemington Race 7: 3 Incentivise 4 Verry Elleegant

Flemington Race 8: 5 Amade, 13 Tralee Rose BB

 

Thanks for the comp guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please everyone dont post names ONLY as below....

Hastings Race 6:

Hastings Race 8:

Randwick Race 2:

Randwick Race 3:

Randwick Race 5:

Randwick Race 6:

Randwick Race 7:

Randwick Race 8:

Randwick Race 9:

Flemington Race 3:

Flemington Race 4:

Flemington Race 5:

Flemington Race 6:

Flemington Race 7:

Flemington Race 8:

Ponderosa has enough to do without correcting wrongly placed entries...there will be a penalty added from next weekend for wrong entries, please just cut and paste as above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastings.    Race 6.   7, 12

Hastings.    Race 8.    2, 5.  BB

Randwick.   Race 2.    4, 8

Randwick.   Race 3.    9, 13

Randwick.   Race 5.    3, 8

Randwick.   Race 6.    7, 9

Randwick.   Race 7.    6, 8

Randwick.   Race 8.    4, 7

Randwick.   Race 9.    8, 12

Flemington. Race 3.    3, 12

Flemington. Race 4.    1, 6.  BB

Flemington  Race 5.    4, 9

Flemington  Race 6.    2, 4

Flemington. Race 7.    4, 8

Flemington. Race 8.    4, 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hastings Race 6 - 1 / 6

Hastings Race 8 - 2 / 10.,

Randwick Race 2 - 2 / 6

Randwick Race 3 - 12 / 14

Randwick Race 5 - 3 / 6

Randwick Race 6 - 1 / 5 BB

Randwick Race 7 - 4 / 7

Randwick Race 8 - 6 / 7

Randwick Race 9 - 9 / 17 BB

Flemington Race 3 - 4 / 12

Flemington Race 4 - 1 / 4

Flemington Race 5 - 1 / 4

Flemington Race 6 - 1 / 9

Flemington Race 7 - 3 / 4

Flemington Race 8 - 10 / 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.