RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
SavetheShire

I'm Thunderstruck

A horse like I'm Thunderstruck is always curious, as it has seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Maybe a hobby breeder success , persisting with a non performing line. Looks a nice type and it will be interesting to what heights he can reach. The line probably has not been commercial since Mink Goddess (IRE) 1980  from Swettenham Stud to Curragh Lass (NZ) 1987 by Danzatore.

Edemwold only had small hobby breeder crops. I have little impression of College Chapel. Shocking is producing some useful types, but is not considered successful. There are questions about his racing career, but you still need a lot of ability to sit wide and still win a MC, even if he had some extra help in his system. These horses are interesting, on where did this ability suddenly arise again in this line, with the last winner I recognize going a long way back as Reno Belle. I would say his looks have a lot of Edemwold and probably College  Chapel.

A great effort last start, and it will be interesting to what he can achieve for this family. What will the next 2 colts and maybe an Ocean Park produce.

Shire, IT's dam is very interesting, she may well turn out to be quite special. Her first foal was Group 2 placed before his sale to HK. I gather her third foal, a two year old full to IT, is a very good sort and has just been bought privately by OTI Racing who are the majority owners of IT. 

I never saw Edenworld or College Chapel. Danzatore was big and rather coarse. I don't know what role any of them played in Primadonna Girl, I guess thats the beauty of this game.

I do though remember Reno Belle well. She was a good sort, quite leggy but very athletic. She never amounted to much though as a broodmare and neither did her daughters. I was looking at her record last night in the Oz stud book. Balmerino's daughters were on the whole a bit disappointing as broodmares.

One very much from left field I guess. A gem in the rough.

Thanks Mill Reef. I overlooked Primadonna Girl's first foal, but do recall his runs as an early 3yo now. Pity his career did not continue in HK. This would indicate that this mare is now the source of this resurgence in the family.