RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Memphis3

We beat the Boks

You know me, I do try to put a positive spin on things, especially rugby which I am very fond of. However.........

This was the most turgid, mind numbing dross imaginable and I take my hat off to you Memphis in that you manage to find some small enjoyment in viewing the game. For mine, by the end I barely cared who won. It might be "Test Match rugby" and might be what wins World Cups, but if they keep feeding us this up, there will soon be no one watching Test Match Rugby or wanting to play the game in this country.

By way of contrast I was lucky enough to watch an age grade Rep rugby game on Saturday afternoon, which was one hundred times superior. I was further fortunate that following the Rugby Test Match came the AFL Grand Final, with all it's non-stop flow and excitement. Chalk and Cheese compared to the Rugby.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:50 PM, Memphis3 said:

Yippee we knocked off the world champs although in an ugly game. Just saying. I know most people on here are more interested in whinging about politics and Covid protocols so I wonder if anyone watched it. 

Memphis......thought that last penalty which decided the game was highly dubious as the SA fullback once tackled had no opportunity to release as the tackler had latched on to the ball......earlier the ref had been very strict on that. Plus it followed a very quick adv played after an AB knock on.

Anyway , the game was played as I thought.

AB trying to recycle fast......SA kick and chase ,rush up defence ,try and overpower with size etc, then more high kicks and chase ,and after that some more high kick and chase.

The skinny white boys looked rattled...Bridge etc not used to that sort of pressure . J.Barrett was brilliant !

Strange that AB never took a few of the 3 points on offer to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Pre-game SA written off....I don't read the 3 or 4 journos in Herald who DAILY write all sorts of crap about the game ,but I couldnt miss the headlines which rubbished SA...I mean they lost to Australia ,badly, actually just tossed one of the games away.

But I did read the Laurie Mains article......Mains said SA were rubbish ,in fact he went on and said some of their players were substandard and 'not good players'.

Quite shocking......SA are the world champs !

Clearly that pisses NZ Rugby off.

Jordie saved and then won the game !

And many of the rules of rugby need looking at again !.......but amazing to think that these big games used to have HOME referees . Really amazing that a visiting team ever won a match ,especially in SA !

On 9/25/2021 at 9:50 PM, Memphis3 said:

Yippee we knocked off the world champs although in an ugly game. Just saying. I know most people on here are more interested in whinging about politics and Covid protocols so I wonder if anyone watched it. 

I broke up 5 hours on Studying immune response to watch . May of been an ugly game but still satisfied strangely regardless of the late penalty. The fact we face this gritty stop start style of Rugby again this week actually has me looking forward to the re match,particularly from a strategists perspective .Remove the Safs lucky first try and this game is turned on its ear, one thing is guaranteed and thats an overs All black win . 😃 

15 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I broke up 5 hours on Studying immune response to watch . May of been an ugly game but still satisfied strangely regardless of the late penalty. The fact we face this gritty stop start style of Rugby again this week actually has me looking forward to the re match,particularly from a strategists perspective .Remove the Safs lucky first try and this game is turned on its ear, one thing is guaranteed and thats an overs All black win . 😃 

Certainly stop / start !

Reported on News that ball in play for only 30 mins !

Geez !

Some dodgy penalties on both sides Tassie. Can’t remember the Bok midfield being pinged for off side . They must be like greyhounds out of the boxes to get to Havili so quickly. Must have been a nightmare for him. And the endless slowing down of the game just makes it disjointed. Have a look at the 34 th minute. The big burly prop stops the game while he gets some savlon rubbed on his bonce. Rewind 30-40 seconds and the guy is not involved in play. Doesn’t come in contact with anyone but next thing there is a two minute stoppage while him and his mates suck in the oxygen. Happened relentlessly. Kirwan  said they replaced the yellow carded player with the physio. Funny for him. 

Yes when the Boks came back into the fold in the early 1990s they had a slim lead over us in the head to head. Now we are miles ahead. Neutral refs. Not as easy to cheat. 

I wondered why SA did so poorly in the Olympics. Then they police the rules more stringently there. No time wasting available to catch your breath 

3 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

Some dodgy penalties on both sides Tassie. Can’t remember the Bok midfield being pinged for off side . They must be like greyhounds out of the boxes to get to Havili so quickly. Must have been a nightmare for him. And the endless slowing down of the game just makes it disjointed. Have a look at the 34 th minute. The big burly prop stops the game while he gets some savlon rubbed on his bonce. Rewind 30-40 seconds and the guy is not involved in play. Doesn’t come in contact with anyone but next thing there is a two minute stoppage while him and his mates suck in the oxygen. Happened relentlessly. Kirwan  said they replaced the yellow carded player with the physio. Funny for him. 

Yes when the Boks came back into the fold in the early 1990s they had a slim lead over us in the head to head. Now we are miles ahead. Neutral refs. Not as easy to cheat. 

I wondered why SA did so poorly in the Olympics. Then they police the rules more stringently there. No time wasting available to catch your breath 

Yes Memphis, scrum decisions went against NZ.

But end of game there was only one decision that mattered...it decided the result.

So many inconsistent rules and the time wasting ,which the scrum shambles has led in recent years...its become acceptable to waste over 2  minutes on some resets then whistle goes and team choses another scrum !

Those other 2 x codes in Aussie have sorted the time wasting out ,but with the removal of shoulder charges and tackles slipping up a bit high ,the crusher tackle now the best way to 'hurt' the opponent and some are milking that soccer-style.

Did you see that  old bald winger last week...went down in Hollywood ,changed mind after being sledged and leapt up swinging !!  Haha.

That French Test was a hard watch. They played like we're supposed to play. Pretty damn good!

And our mistakes. My god, how many? You'd have to think Jordie Barrett got a head bump in the warm up, cause he played the game like he was concussed.

Yes mate. Once I saw him having a Bazza early on I said replace him now because he never gets any better. Once he starts playing badly that’s it for him for the game. Like to see Jordan get a go at fullback. 

One good point was Bridge under the high ball 

And watching Laulala dropping the ball was an exact replay of last week. At a crucial time. Oh well feet up and time to recharge batteries 

1 hour ago, Memphis3 said:

Yes mate. Once I saw him having a Bazza early on I said replace him now because he never gets any better. Once he starts playing badly that’s it for him for the game. Like to see Jordan get a go at fullback. 

One good point was Bridge under the high ball 

And watching Laulala dropping the ball was an exact replay of last week. At a crucial time. Oh well feet up and time to recharge batteries 

Sure were a number of mistakes ,but the French were very good.

I wonder how under done some of our players were added to the older players being just a few % points below their best as they age.

Add all that up and we were well beaten ,outmuscled too.....amazing then that we got close at one stage plus scored a couple of effortless tries.

We all love to have our scape goat players......I wonder how effective Kane is after so little play ,though he made a lot of tackle apparently.

image.png.fa3b915d01a429c3f66f58d51de80711.png

Sorry just had to look that up.I always knew the meaning but thought it odd.

Must admit half- way through the Irish game I was rooting for the Irish.Bet I wasn't the only one.Did you watch the Black Ferns?.I thought the skill sets of the Northern

Hemisphere girls were pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Basil brush said:

image.png.fa3b915d01a429c3f66f58d51de80711.png

Sorry just had to look that up.I always knew the meaning but thought it odd.

Must admit half- way through the Irish game I was rooting for the Irish.Bet I wasn't the only one.Did you watch the Black Ferns?.I thought the skill sets of the Northern

Hemisphere girls were pretty good.

Hahaha boomboom.......yes it's one word .....scapegoat !

Rumour is I had 3 x years in 5th form but it actually was 5 x years in the 3rd form !

I actually did pass 5th form English too ,got School Cert in it !

As for the Black Ferns haven' t heard much about them...its all about the women's 7's cos we win !!!

But I did view some of the thrashing that England gave the Black Ferns and the French girls were dominant as well .

Women's rugby has 'saved' NZ rugby as far as participation numbers are concerned and they wanting more money/media etc but their results seem to be slipping.

Dunno how the hard hits , some big girls out there, will effect their vital organs as well as the brain !