RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
say no more

Baseball anyone?

Not the most popular sport on this side of the world but I'm a big fan and the long regular season is nearing its conclusion - just over two weeks until the play-offs.

I don't have any strong allegiance to any team but my rough tip to do well in the play-offs are the Toronto Blue Jays.   Currently paying $8.50 to win the AL (which would send them to the World Series) and paying $18 to win the World Series.  They are not guaranteed to make the play-offs yet.  They won't win their division so they are fighting it out for one of two wildcard spots.  Currently they hold the second wildcard spot and are two games ahead of their nearest challenger (the Yankees) for that spot.  13 games to play and their run-in is not the worst.

They are the form team in the AL over the past month or so:  18-4 in their last 22 games.

They have a phenomenal batting line-up including the major league home run leader (Vlad Guerrero Jr) and a 2B (Marcus Semien, with an "i") who has hit 40 home runs - only the 5th second baseman in major league history to hit 40 home runs in a season.

Their pitching line-up is not the strongest but they have several pitchers in good form including Robbie Ray and Jose Berrios.

Any other baseball fans on here?  Who do you like? 

From a betting perspective Baseball is so hard to follow, it's actually more popular than I thought it was,

You can watch every game online on MLB tv, sky have it too.

The season is so long, typical of USA sport, I do pay attention casually, follow the finals more closely.

Usual story for the Dodgers.

Stacked line-up to start the season and stacked it even further at the trade deadline.  Outstanding starting pitcher roster if they all stay fit.

Surprisingly the Giants, who are not so stacked but clearly well managed, have stuck with them.  Both have qualified for the play-offs already but are neck and neck in the race to win their NL West division.