2Piper

New Zealand Cup - Covid

Recommended Posts

Would like to know if the attendance will be capped as the Australian /NZ bubble will only just be opened up going by the lastest Govt. notifications. ?  Would not think any Aussie horses would come either. Does HRNZ have a plan for the Cup if we go back to lockdown  (in Chch) just prior to it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Navitas said:

AND IN THIS CURRENT DELTA OUTBREAK, THE SOUTH ISLAND HAS HAD HOW MANY CASES???

RULING BY MISINFORMTION AND FEAR. DISGRACEFUL, ESPECIALLY GIVEN ITS MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS WEEK.

WELL DONE TO OUR REACTIONARY PM AND HER BOOT LICKERS!!!!

We all voted for her....and still has a massive following !

Sneaked in the back door thru Winston the first time then endorsed with stunning Lazarus type performance !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2Piper said:

The remaining Tickets for Cup Day have been suspended from being purchased.

 

Decision on Addington to be made Oct 19th, reported on TV3 News last night re public entry or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tasman man said:

We all voted for her....and still has a massive following !

Sneaked in the back door thru Winston the first time then endorsed with stunning Lazarus type performance !

 

thats a stretch, giving Winston credit for Labours success of 2017.. how did you equate that one?

As far as the Lazarus comment, was it a miracle of chance!!?? who wouldve thought it were possible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's absolutely no reason why any Horse Racing meetings shouldn't take place.

Common sense prevails.

Racecourses are wide open Recreational spaces where people go for the Betterment of Public Health and enjoyment.

Read up on the history of Parks and Reserves as to why they were created in the first place, it was for situations just like we currently find ourselves in, that of for the Betterment of Public Health..

It appears some in Public Health roles have not learnt the basics about the Public Health needs of Society, nor have they factored into account the forward thinking from the 1800's era who set aside these Open Spaces with our needs in mind.

They need to open their eyes and start to read The History of the World, Domains, Parks and Reserves and do their jobs properly or face the sack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who by the way decided there should originally be a limit of 100 people on a Racecourse and why?

Who decided and what factual evidence did they use to close Horse Racing down in the first place?

What were there reason's?

Why at any stage was Racing restricted to limited personal when there clearly has been a lack of factual evidence Coronavirus/ Covid19 has ever been present in the Racing Industry and those who attend the Races?

Did we have any cases of Coronavirus at Racecourses in New Zealand when they made these decisions?

These nameless faceless people need to be held to account and come up with a darn good reason why they have not got facts to back up their actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, meomy said:

Who by the way decided there should originally be a limit of 100 people on a Racecourse and why?

Who decided and what factual evidence did they use to close Horse Racing down in the first place?

What were there reason's?

Why at any stage was Racing restricted to limited personal when there clearly has been a lack of factual evidence Coronavirus/ Covid19 has ever been present in the Racing Industry and those who attend the Races?

Did we have any cases of Coronavirus at Racecourses in New Zealand when they made these decisions?

These nameless faceless people need to be held to account and come up with a darn good reason why they have not got facts to back up their actions.

Yes it's criminal the bs that we have to put up with - no public allowed at the races but 4000 people can go skiing together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Yes it's criminal the bs that we have to put up with - no public allowed at the races but 4000 people can go skiing together

Go to Westfield Riccarton and you will see 1000s of people inside the mall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

These nameless faceless people need to be held to account and come up with a darn good reason why they have not got facts to back up their actions.

Trying to be positive,  I think it would be very hard politically for the Government to hold these setting for another month without any move down in levels. I'm hopeful we will have an indication of the SI going to level 1 by Mid October

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'We should never ever have had our movements and freedoms restricted in the manner we have.

Those who have caused this ridiculous situation need to be held to account.

Why on earth have they permitted DOC Academics unfettered control of the situation for starters?
Not one of them are legally qualified to form opinions on anyone's personal health matters, and have acted outside of their scope of practice, expertise, knowledge and Legal Expertise all the way through.

NOT one of them have Medical backgrounds either.

Great to see Dr Mary HOBBS Open letter, have you seen it?

Have a read of our other contributions on the situation throughout here.

Truby KING be turning in their grave and be wondering what the heck has happened to Commonsense and the world 100 years down the track.

Meanwhile, fingers crossed we have some more sensible Judicial Reviews come out worldwide, including the rest of the Andrew Borrowdale one that is still going through Court Processes..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Love this, as anyone that make these types of comments on open social media are shut down, good to see open debate about these issues on here.

Christchurch's  Labour MP's  are not saying a thing or doing anything to promote a solution to potential  Cup week disaster including A and P  show.  Like the Labour led council- useless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Christchurch's  Labour MP's  are not saying a thing or doing anything to promote a solution to potential  Cup week disaster including A and P  show.  Like the Labour led council- useless

As long as we have Rod Jackson, Hendy, Mike Baker ,Plank and co in charge there is NO chance for Cup week . It’s been proven Worldwide you cannot eliminate a ‘virus’.... but they knew this 16 months ago 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given NZ Trotting Cup day has the highest TAB turnover of any meeting in NZ its surprising the level of apathy. Where's the noise from HRNZ and  NZMTC and CJC- they should be going gangbusters to all and sundry that an iconic event in Canterbury should not be shut down given no Covid cases in SI for over a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Given NZ Trotting Cup day has the highest TAB turnover of any meeting in NZ its surprising the level of apathy. Where's the noise from HRNZ and  NZMTC and CJC- they should be going gangbusters to all and sundry that an iconic event in Canterbury should not be shut down given no Covid cases in SI for over a year.

The sad truth is the govt doesn't give a stuff about the racing industry.   I suspect they will keep the SI at level 2 precisely to stop Cup day going ahead with a crowd  and yet thousands of people gather inside  Westfield mall on weekends and that is ok.

Labours friends the Greens will be delirious with joy at the prospect of damaging cup week and are no doubt  planning a Morris Dancing festival in celebration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should remember one of the earliest covid cases in NZ was a harness racing person and his friend who he dined with just before returning to NZ died of the disease. Covid 19 is real, does cause deaths and the "long covid" doesn't sound fun either.  I doubt I'm alone in thinking we're so lucky to be in NZ where we've had way less deaths and economic impacts and more freedoms than most other countries during this pandemic. I think Addington planning for a level 2 Cup Day with groups of 100 is a sensible approach. Spare a thought for what Aucklanders are going through to protect you South Islanders (though would only take one infected escapee to cause major problems in a lax Christchurch). And hope you've all had your jabs so we can open our borders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Australia 161,300 died last year,

Heart Disease 16587

Stroke 9470

Lung Cancer 8457

Bronchitis, Emphysema ,Asthma 7102

Colon Cancer 5483

Diabetes 5148

Prostate Cancer 3568

Accidental Falls 3395

Influenza 2287

Covid-19 898

460 Female 438 Male, Dementia was a pre-existing condition in 275 deaths.

Just the Facts. Covid-19 was the 38th leading cause of death.

Would like to see NZ stats.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Nelli.... poor deluded, haven't Ashley & Cindy done so well, Nelli.

Yes, we've had more freedoms than most other countries, but we're now borrowing a billion dollars a week, so your arguement about the economy is void.Then while we were covid free our leaders sat on their asses & delayed the vaccine rollout, this despite them telling us "we'd be the first cab off the rank" Had they done as promised this second outbreak may never have happened.

As far as Aucklanders doing it tough.... FFS, THATS WHERE COVID IS. It's not in the South Island, despite several entitled Aucklanders trying to export it south!!!

BTW I do not live in the South Island, but fully understand their frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

In Australia 161,300 died last year,

Heart Disease 16587

Stroke 9470

Lung Cancer 8457

Bronchitis, Emphysema ,Asthma 7102

Colon Cancer 5483

Diabetes 5148

Prostate Cancer 3568

Accidental Falls 3395

Influenza 2287

Covid-19 898

460 Female 438 Male, Dementia was a pre-existing condition in 275 deaths.

Just the Facts. Covid-19 was the 38th leading cause of death.

Would like to see NZ stats.

 

Low deaths thanks to everything in place. Facts: no deaths of polio, diptheria or tetanus thanks vaccinations. No deaths from cholera due to clean water and sewerage treatment. These diseases are very real but we are protected against them so of course they don't feature in NZ stats. That's  success! Take away those protections and we'd  be as vulnerable as a poor community in India. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nelli said:

Spare a thought for what Aucklanders are going through to protect you South Islanders (though would only take one infected escapee to cause major problems in a lax Christchurch). And hope you've all had your jabs so we can open our borders.

I find your response deplorable Nelli. The South Island has been subjected to serious economic and social pain as a result of lax behavior in parts of  Auckland. Your protection argument lacks any cognizance of the facts, just think of all the escapees to Wanaka in recent times and its naïve to think  they  were not alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nelli said:

Low deaths thanks to everything in place. Facts: no deaths of polio, diptheria or tetanus thanks vaccinations. No deaths from cholera due to clean water and sewerage treatment. These diseases are very real but we are protected against them so of course they don't feature in NZ stats. That's  success! Take away those protections and we'd  be as vulnerable as a poor community in India. 

It is not a vaccine!!

Same as the flu jab - NOT A VACCINE - can still get the flu, and increases the chance of getting covid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.