RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richie

Avantage retired

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Hen would be so proud of you Berrifruit…..you’re such a toff :) 

I know what I’d be breeding to if it was a G1 UK sprinter miler v an Ozz G1 equivalent …..mind you I do like the odd UK sire, but not those Derby type jumpers you love so much 

Just remind me what the best sires have been down here? Not your squibby type things that produce 15-20 Gp1 winners, but the big hitters that produce 30 Group 1 winner+

LEADING SIRES of individual Group 1 winners (bred in Australasia)

G1 winners    Sire Name
45    Zabeel (NZ)            by Sir Tristram
45    Danehill (USA)        by Danzig
45    Sir Tristram (IRE)        by Sir Ivor
38    Redoute's Choice (AUS)    by Danehill

33    Fastnet Rock (AUS)        by Danehill
26    Encosta de Lago (AUS)    by Fairy King
23    Savabeel (AUS)        by Zabeel
22    Foxbridge (GB)        by Foxlaw    
22    Le Filou (FR)            by Vatellor    
20    Summertime (GB)        by Precipitation

Nice list that

Zabeel by Sir Tristram, is out of a Nureyev mare who is a daughter of Detroit....all European

Danehill is by Danzig and was a sprinter/ miler bred and raced in the UK...totally UK

Sir Tristram is by Sir Ivor (UK Derby winner) and Sir Tristram is totally UK

Redoubte's Choice is by Danehill (totally UK) and his second dam is by Nijinsky (Derby winner) out of a Sir Ivor (derby) mare

Fastnet Rock is by Danehill (totally UK) out of a Royal Academy (champion European miler) mare

So there you have it. All the stallions over 30 group 1 winners. Redoutes Choice is the only one that has a bit of Aussie blood in it due to his dam being by Canny Lad but the rest of it is all UK based. So if you were statistically right my hospo genius, then one of these stallions should be by an Australian sire, whether sprinter or stayer. Facts are facts

Nine-time NZ Group 1 winner Avantage became the highest priced online sale in history after she was snapped up by Coolmore for an astounding NZ$4.1m at auction on Wednesday evening.

A spirited late bidding war via Gavelhouse Plus saw the former Te Akau Racing star’s price skyrocket by close to NZ$2.5m in the final 20 minutes of action.

Bidding had opened on Sunday at just $500 but that price surged up to $1m within 20 minutes of being online and was at NZ$1.8m when the real action started.

Coolmore’s Tom Magnier eventually came out on top to secure the valuable daughter of Fastnet Rock out of Group 1 performer Asavant.

The massive sale price sets a new world record for a digital sale, easily surpassing the mark set by Chris Waller’s former gun mare Funstar of AU$2.7m, or around NZ$2.79m, established through the Inglis Online sale in July.

4c4a41f7126b3df51770c8084fa1d83c

Avantage has been sold for a world record online sum Photo: AAP Image–Simon Bullard

It also makes Avantage, trained by star Kiwi horseman Jamie Richards, the third highest-priced mare ever sold in the Southern Hemisphere.

It’s another big sale result for Te Akau, who had stablemate Melody Belle go under the hammer earlier this year at the Magic Millions Broodmare Sale for AU$2.6m (NZ$2.69m).

The sale comes less than a week after a tendon injury forced Avantage into premature retirement.

Avantage had been due to start favourite for the Group 1 Tarzino Trophy in New Zealand last weekend before connections made the shock decision to retire her.

She was considered a leading contender to be offered a spot in the $2m The Invitation and had been rated a $15 chance in betting before being removed from markets.

Avantage retired with an incredible record of 16 wins and eight placings from 28 starts with more than $2m in prizemoney earned.

Racenet

Berrifruit I merely said we have better types, shorter backs, proportionally longer legs, better angle on their hips, stronger out of the wither, just more strength ….. your things are fucking National Hunt types and when you cross them with our NZ mares you get one paced jumpers 

Look at Waikato Stud, they started back at Longburn using your NH types, then they saw the light on the back of Centaine, and they’ve kept getting better and better since, all on the back of Australian sprinting blood ( plus the more versatile Savsbeel ) 

BTW I was a Montjeu fan, he had a lovely SH style action 

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Obviously, getting injured was the best thing that ever happened for the connections. She would never have got near winning that much on the track. Probably a surprising price for many. NZ Group 1 form not so bad after all.

Melody Belle $2.6m, Avantage $4.1m….??? Bet they can’t believe their luck…..

:rolleyes:

A question for poundforpound. In Berri's initial comment he said Avantage  " is not big". From a breeding point of view and you thinking from a vet's perspective, how important is size or lack of size for the mare being able to produce a good type ?

3 hours ago, Breeder said:

A question for poundforpound. In Berri's initial comment he said Avantage  " is not big". From a breeding point of view and you thinking from a vet's perspective, how important is size or lack of size for the mare being able to produce a good type ?

I’m not a breeder but I know some very high profile breeders who seem to prefer a nice big “ roomy “ type of mare

I guess the only issue with a small maiden mare might be the size of the pelvic cavity, if the foal was by a big stallion, but even then first foals are usually small, and nature is amazing in the way things like the public symphysis adapt, and they just pop the little buggers out  

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I’m not a breeder but I know some very high profile breeders who seem to prefer a nice big “ roomy “ type of mare

I guess the only issue with a small maiden mare might be the size of the pelvic cavity, if the foal was by a big stallion, but even then first foals are usually small, and nature is amazing in the way things like the public symphysis adapt, and they just pop the little buggers out  

I didn't know a female's symphysis was a public matter. Maybe the females you hang out with?

Tricky stuff this...Savabeel is by Zabeel (UK bred genes) out of a mare by an American stallion out of another import out of a mare by a French stallion out of a mare by Todman.

image.thumb.png.484ae8498f04fffaf1a335df2825fcf7.png

5So we've gone back 5 generations before we hit an Aussie bred horse. But here's the weird part, Todman was by a UK sprinter out of a UK mare. Go figure...

9 minutes ago, Berri said:

Tricky stuff this...Savabeel is by Zabeel (UK bred genes) out of a mare by an American stallion out of another import out of a mare by a French stallion out of a mare by Todman.

image.thumb.png.484ae8498f04fffaf1a335df2825fcf7.png

5So we've gone back 5 generations before we hit an Aussie bred horse. But here's the weird part, Todman was by a UK sprinter out of a UK mare. Go figure...

That old chestnut….you sure they’re not from Turley, Syria and Yemen ?