RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Jamie Kah gets another 2 months

They certainly dont miss them over in Victoria. Out till January. Should be an interesting comparison coming up over out equestrian bad boy Wil W's sentence?

Jamie Kah has been suspended for two months for giving false and/or misleading evidence to stewards during an inquiry into the Mornington Airbnb gathering.

The Victorian Racing Tribunal delivered the unanimous decision on Friday morning.

Unlike previous cases involving fellow Airbnb attendees Mark Zahra and Celine Gaudray, Kah, who pleaded not guilty to lying to stewards, has been afforded no discount to the new suspension.

It means Kah, who copped a three-month ban for the Covid-19 breach, will be unable to ride in races until the end of January.

Judge John Bowman confirmed the suspension must be served cumulatively.

JJ F wit ty as you are, you had to be first to report the shit.

If this were league or  rugby players the powers that be would have "found a way" to get their best back on the paddock. 

What's the hell are these guys (Pale stale males from the VRC) achieving by not standing by their own?

Kah wouldn't want to go into war with these blokes beside her.

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

They certainly dont miss them over in Victoria. Out till January. Should be an interesting comparison coming up over out equestrian bad boy Wil W's sentence?

Jamie Kah has been suspended for two months for giving false and/or misleading evidence to stewards during an inquiry into the Mornington Airbnb gathering.

The Victorian Racing Tribunal delivered the unanimous decision on Friday morning.

Unlike previous cases involving fellow Airbnb attendees Mark Zahra and Celine Gaudray, Kah, who pleaded not guilty to lying to stewards, has been afforded no discount to the new suspension.

It means Kah, who copped a three-month ban for the Covid-19 breach, will be unable to ride in races until the end of January.

Judge John Bowman confirmed the suspension must be served cumulatively.

Complaint Department

Seriously........Cubes never seems to get invited to gigs like this

Is being a balding , lazy , useless punter an impediment to to be being invited to these gatherings ?

Replies to....The Cubemeister

Wish I'd bin included

Somewhere down South

N Z 

14 hours ago, Phillipe said:

JJ F wit ty as you are, you had to be first to report the shit.

If this were league or  rugby players the powers that be would have "found a way" to get their best back on the paddock. 

What's the hell are these guys (Pale stale males from the VRC) achieving by not standing by their own?

Kah wouldn't want to go into war with these blokes beside her.

Only reporting racing stories of interest. I'm thinking the only person who thinks it shit are the charged jockeys who have been sidelined for serious rule infractions

That's what a racing forum is set up for so your comparison with other sports codes is meaningless to Racing Victoria's response.

As Turny said above " Protecting 60,00 racing employees and sending a message" i get that more than you  and your supporters who liked your reply. Each to their own though as they say.

Be mindful there's other legal precedents out there that started at the outset of Covid19 and how Covid19 came about, Court Cases across the world will all hinge on these, including the legality of lock-downs which tie back to those in Public Health the last 30 or so years failing to protect us from the sheete they actively endorsed to Quit/ Cessation of Smoking.

These things wont be over until FDA, FBI etc are finished there jobs and those who allowed and endorsed their methods held to account.

12 minutes ago, meomy said:

Be mindful there's other legal precedents out there that started at the outset of Covid19 and how Covid19 came about, Court Cases across the world will all hinge on these, including the legality of lock-downs which tie back to those in Public Health the last 30 or so years failing to protect us from the sheete they actively endorsed to Quit/ Cessation of Smoking.

These things wont be over until FDA, FBI etc are finished there jobs and those who allowed and endorsed their methods held to account.

Don’t forget to mention that NASA didn’t land on the moon…..

@poundforpound, we weren't born then but did learn about it at school.

Education has a lot to be accountable for the situation we all find ourselves in.

We were talking recently with an Indian family in their 30's with young children at Auckland Grammar who said they didn't know who H.G Wells was, nor his history so each generation somewhere is missing out on those inter-generational learning stages of learning world history which is all relevant.

24 minutes ago, meomy said:

@poundforpound, we weren't born then but did learn about it at school.

Education has a lot to be accountable for the situation we all find ourselves in.

We were talking recently with an Indian family in their 30's with young children at Auckland Grammar who said they didn't know who H.G Wells was, nor his history so each generation somewhere is missing out on those inter-generational learning stages of learning world history which is all relevant.

The problem with education is that of the 62% who are educated, 99% of them are only educated to a level whereby they can compliantly  understand relevant matters of interest, but it’s only the 1% who’re educated to such a standard that they question and challenge relevant matters of interest 

Jamie Kah has launched Supreme Court action to dismiss the charge of giving false and/or misleading evidence to stewards during a probe into the Mornington Airbnb gathering.

Kah’s lawyers acting on instruction filed the grounds of appeal to commence the legal proceeding after the Victorian Racing Tribunal on Friday suspended the jockey for a further two months.

The penalty means Kah, now serving a three-month ban for the Covid-19 breach on August 25, cannot ride in races until late January.

News Corp Australia has established the trigger for the Supreme Court escalation is not the suspension, as such, but that her integrity is in question.

Kah was prepared to plead guilty to unintentionally misleading the stewards but would not and does not accept that she ever gave “false” evidence or intentionally misled the stewards.

She is also said to be very disappointed with the stewards’ submissions on penalty that she had shown no remorse despite them being well aware of her extreme level of distress.

Kah was experiencing personal issues at the time of the gathering, which led her to ask friend, apprentice jockey Celine Gaudray, to come over as she needed “someone to talk to”.

“Today I have appealed my conviction by the VRT and penalty imposed upon me to the Supreme Court of Victoria,” Kah posted on her social media.

“I have done so because I answered every question asked of me by stewards truthfully and yet I have been found guilty of giving false evidence.

“My reputation, which I have earned by my conduct over my whole life as an honest person, is very important to me.

“I am going to Court to defend my reputation as to honesty. It is too important to myself as a person not to.

“I will not be making any further public comment on the matter. The Courts will decide the issues.”

20 hours ago, poundforpound said:

The problem with education is that of the 62% who are educated, 99% of them are only educated to a level whereby they can compliantly  understand relevant matters of interest, but it’s only the 1% who’re educated to such a standard that they question and challenge relevant matters of interest 

Pleased to say I'm a one per center. except when it comes to horse picking comps

BANNED jockeys Ben Melham and Ethan Brown will donate 20 per cent of all prizemoney earnings to charity for three months upon their return to race riding.

Counsel acting for Melham and Brown revealed the “act of decency” after the jockeys were found guilty by the Victorian Racing Tribunal for lying to stewards during the Mornington Airbnb probe.

Melham, a father of three, has elected to share the donation between the Red Cross (Covid relief) and Royal Childrens’ Hospital, while Brown‘s money will be paid to Unicef’s Covid-19 Appeal.

The “no strings attached” make good offered to Racing Victoria prior to Wednesday’s hearing will stand regardless of any penalty the tribunal sees fit to impose.

Melham’s barrister Matthew Stirling conceded his client “is at the crossroads of his career”, with the Group 1 jockey having only recently returned from a five-month disqualification.

“He had the issue with the betting charges which he resolved… and was riding exceptionally well and then he’s breached again under these Covid rules,” Stirling said.

“For Melham to sit back over the last three or four weeks… take the bit between his mouth and say I’ve done the wrong thing by the industry and for that matter done the wrong thing by Victoria.

“Take on board that burden of contributing 20 per cent of prizemoney, the greater part of a jockeys’ income of course, that’s no mean feat for somebody who earns money at the level that he does.”

Jockeys are entitled to five per cent of all prizemoney won by their mounts.

Melham’s status and ties to leading stables could see him earn a hefty six-figure salary inside three months.

The charge stems from Melham and Brown not being forthcoming at the earliest opportunity about Mark Zahra having attended the gathering.

The tribunal indicated Melham’s priors, including a period of disqualification for misleading stewards during the betting probe, which was finalised last December, would be taken into account on the penalty.

Melham and Brown earlier on Wednesday abandoned their appeal on the severity of three-month bans for the August 25 Covid breach.

Stirling pleaded for leniency on Brown’s behalf also, citing the 22-year-old’s relative inexperience and mental health challenges.

Brown, who moved to Melbourne from Alice Springs as a 16-year-old to become a jockey, has struggled in the past with homesickness and weight management.

The tribunal heard Brown, who resumed race riding in July after a fourth-month break, regularly accessed RV’s counselling service.

“Given the particular challenges… little utility, we would say to be gained by punishing (Brown) to any greater extent than two weeks’ serving of the suspension… similar to (Celine) Gaudray),” Stirling said.

Apprentice Gaudray was the first of five jockeys implicated in the Airbnb gathering to face the tribunal.

The rising star received an eight week ban for giving false and/or misleading evidence to stewards, of which six weeks would be suspended for two years.

Kah got the full eight weeks, on account of contesting the charge, while Zahra escaped with four of the eight weeks to be served, with the remainder suspended for two years.

Despite best intentions to wrap up proceedings on Wednesday the tribunal ultimately ran out of time.

Submissions will be finalised next week in writing, with a decision handed down “as quickly as possible” thereafter.

Star jockey Jamie Kah cannot wait to get back to the races after her Supreme Court appeal of a two-month ban for giving false and/or misleading evidence to stewards was successful.

Kah’s original three month ban for a Covid-19 breach in late August – hosting a gathering at an Airbnb rental in Mornington – will expire at midnight November 25.

“I am obviously very happy with the outcome,” Kah said in a statement shortly after the Supreme Court decision.

“It’s now time to move forward.

“I can’t wait to get back to what I love, riding and being part of our amazing industry.

“Thanks to everyone who has said kind words to me or provided moral support over the last three months, it has been a real comfort through very tough times.

“As I said last time, I won’t be making any further public comment. See you at the races!!”

Kah, 25, who accepted her sanction for the gathering itself, launched the Supreme Court challenge in October after being found guilty and penalised for lying to stewards.