RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Maurice Bevin

Stallion Register 2011

I had a friend ring me today and he said that he heard that the printing was held up until Makfi contract with Westbury was settled?

So if this is the case and we have to wait another 2 weeks, this is not good with the breeding season around the corner???

This seems to follow NZ Racing in general.

If I rejoin the NZTBA [after an absence of a few years] will I get the new one or the current 2010 one? Should I wait for the new season?

- I think most likely you will get both this year's and last year's stallion books.

Kay in todays world the email is such an important tool. A busy person can choose to answer an email where as a phone call can be intrusive.

Email or phone - both can be controlled if one wishes.

Trivial phone calls can be a nuisance, but a short call would hardly be considered one by a member of NZTBA. The staff are friendly and helpful on the one or two occasions I have rung. Guess it would be a problem if every person rang & asked the same question. The book usually comes in June so can't be that far away and as one does not send a mare away until after 1st Sept unless she is foaling early (ie Aug) a little patience wouldn't hurt.

Its a shame really as most commercial breeders have made their decisions by June. I know that NZTBA Assn is holding out so that any late arriving stallions will be represented in the main book, but its now so late it hasn't done the stallion owners any favours at all. We had six mares to make decisions for and they are done & dusted. The registrar still hasn't landed on our doorstep ....

What stallions did you settle on Luna?

For all those holding out for their stallion registers, I'd suggest you try the arion website. They have a great feature with a e-register which is constatly updated with stallion progeny results.

Its a shame really as most commercial breeders have made their decisions by June. I know that NZTBA Assn is holding out so that any late arriving stallions will be represented in the main book, but its now so late it hasn't done the stallion owners any favours at all. We had six mares to make decisions for and they are done & dusted. The registrar still hasn't landed on our doorstep ....

I'm the same, had 4 mares to make decisions on and all decided now, not much point even getting the book now it's so late.

Regardless of the talk earlier in the thread about the direct approach and phone vs email etc - and cogniscent of perhaps limited staff/resources - it would be good form for them to have put a note on their website about expected publishing/distribution date perhaps??

I guess we all get used to when it arrives most years - and afterall we are dealing with a seasonal phenomenon, this TB breeding business! :)

I have recently suffered a severe rush of blood to the head and bought a lovely broodmare by Keeper - and rejoined the NZTBA. I was informed that the 2011 issue is still a week or so away yet...

Obviously something has not gone quite 'according to Hoyle' this time..It's a massive job getting it all together and I know from experience that things certainly can go wrong when it comes to getting stuff printed by a certain date - especially when it involves so many separate people's input.

I'm looking forward to a read when it arrives but using the web in the interim..

I'm the same, had 4 mares to make decisions on and all decided now, not much point even getting the book now it's so late.

How narrow minded can you get!

Whats the rush? Sept still a way off yet or are you one of those "i want it now" people.

Hope it pays dividends for you. Have always fancied those Keeper mares would turn out to be successful broodmares.

Thanks Jess - I'm still a bit in the bad books with the 'Minister of Finance' - but I couldn't resist her. :) Yes, I too think Keeper will be a brilliant broodmare sire! I have a theory about sires who sire top horses all round - but especially top notch fillies. That's why I liked Pompeii Court and Centaine in years gone by and Prized [apart from the fact he was the best-looking horse to ever stand here!!] and O'Reilly in particular of the younger broodmare sires. Others will have their favourites too I'm sure..

Graeme you cant be a breeder!!!!!

Got mares due in August and want them at the stud 4 weeks prior to foaling.

I have heard the NZTBA have delayed the publication due to accomodate late arriving stallions.

These stud masters are penalising the studs which have notified their new stallions a while ago.

How narrow minded can you get!

Whats the rush? Sept still a way off yet or are you one of those "i want it now" people.

Settle down Graeme, I'm entitled to make my decisions when and how I want and I like to have things sorted early, so if I want to make the decisions for my mares early I will and it would've been nice to have the book. Not sure why you feel the need to have a go at me, seems you

Graeme you cant be a breeder!!!!!

Got mares due in August and want them at the stud 4 weeks prior to foaling.

I have heard the NZTBA have delayed the publication due to accomodate late arriving stallions.

These stud masters are penalising the studs which have notified their new stallions a while ago.

Been breeding for over 35 yrs.I don't believe in aug foals.Too much mud bad weather etc.

Settle down Graeme, I'm entitled to make my decisions when and how I want and I like to have things sorted early, so if I want to make the decisions for my mares early I will and it would've been nice to have the book. Not sure why you feel the need to have a go at me, seems you