RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dingle

no staying race at gore for maidens

Why no stayers race at gore for maidens??

Rang NZTR and just got brushed off.

there excuse was there was one up in canterbury,       an 8hr drive with a maiden.

Dont you travel your horses

There were only 8 stared last time..  etc etc etc

at otago there were 14 nominated for the 1600 maiden

I dont know why we bother

12 hours ago, Dingle said:

Why no stayers race at gore for maidens??

Rang NZTR and just got brushed off.

there excuse was there was one up in canterbury,       an 8hr drive with a maiden.

Dont you travel your horses

There were only 8 stared last time..  etc etc etc

at otago there were 14 nominated for the 1600 maiden

I dont know why we bother

Just a suggestion - put your horse in the  65.  Has been done plenty of times, with some success.  

Not that 1800 constitutes a 'staying' race...but still...have a go and see if you get a start.

Send NZTR a map while you are at it.

The obvious answer is to send your horse to the Waikato, then you could accept for 5 or 6 races every week and just pick the one that suits you with the smallest field where you draw inside 3.

It does strange that 13 horses accepted for the maiden 1,600m at Wingatui and then two weeks later nothing further than 1,335m for them at Gore. I hesitate to suggest incompetence, but it is the word that does spring quickest to mind.

I doubt whether anybody at NZTR realises that the distance from Gore to ChCh is virtually the same as from Hamilton to Wgtn.

Someone mentioned 7 race programmes: that isn't because of the lack of horses, it's because of the lack of imagination.

Hi

Most of those horses requiring a 2000m (or 1800m) maiden, there will not be many, are probably ex Northerners any way

Unfortunately Gore has no starting point between 1335 and 1800m

As this is the first race meeting in Southland since when ever the programme meeting group, which does have Southland representation, would have decided 1335m was far enough

Gore 24th September has 8 races programmed, I don't think any club has restrictions to only run 7 races. Only lack of horses produces 7 race programmes in SI, if 7 races have been programmed can you advise where and when, thanks.

15 minutes ago, mikenz said:

7 races today, only 6 tomorrow at Otaki and 7 at Taupo Friday,, could be covid  affected or maybe a sign of the times.

Otaki is an embarrassment. One 6 and three 7 horses fields already. It does make you wonder whether the industry's big problems were Waimate, Wairoa, Dargaville, Hokitika and Motukarara after all. Perhaps there is something else wrong.

On 9/15/2021 at 12:40 PM, We're Doomed said:

Otaki is an embarrassment. One 6 and three 7 horses fields already. It does make you wonder whether the industry's big problems were Waimate, Wairoa, Dargaville, Hokitika and Motukarara after all. Perhaps there is something else wrong.

Only 6 races at Ascot Park Sunday but not bad numbers wise  yet 11 at Washdyke Friday, based on the numbers going around at the end of last season is going to be a very interesting season in the south,, Gore did ok a week or two back but did have some support from Canterbury, Sunday probably no visitors, Andertons ain't there either, that don't help.

Strange as it is nominations were good but fronting up ,well that's a different matter.

Timaru fields are chokka, mind you some there appear a bit slow, and have eternal hope owners, but good luck to them

CWJ on an 11 race card has just 5 mounts, that's just amazing.

Southland a 6 race card, very poor I feel.

Just a shame that sth canterbury are racing two days earlier,. then ashburton 6 days later

Travelling aint cheap

Not the number of horses ready for early summer end of winter i guess

Then there there is all these covid regulations to deal with plus the fact that a few trainers dont like ascot track

2 hours ago, Dingle said:

Just a shame that sth canterbury are racing two days earlier,. then ashburton 6 days later

Travelling aint cheap

Not the number of horses ready for early summer end of winter i guess

Then there there is all these covid regulations to deal with plus the fact that a few trainers dont like ascot track

Maybe Southland should run some mini meetings, the actual field for Sunday are quite good, just not many races.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

Taking into account Ashburton raced Saturday, Riccarton races again Saturday how many noms  or races will Wingatui end up with for thursday ,?

Taking into account this is a low key industry meeting in the SI, it does seem strange that there is no maiden race for male horses further than 1,200m. I would be interested to know if this has ever happened at an industry meeting in the NI. My initial impression is that does tend to indicate a certain level of incompetence.