RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

I'm at a loss

34 minutes ago, Berri said:

Are we going to have to change the names of our English named horses to Maori? I see that all the Stuff web headings are now in Maori.

Here we go again come in the Maori haters. 

The first Race meeting held in NZ was at Petone beach enjoyed by the Maoris and settlers. In 1855 the local Iwi gifted to the crown under a deed of gift Hutt Park to the purpose of horse racing. 

The Maori has played a significant part in our industry, Eric Ropiha, Noel Harris, Michael Walker and many others come to mind.

But then I guess bashing Maori is a Baby Boomer thing.

1 hour ago, bloke said:

The Maori has played a significant part in our industry, Eric Ropiha, Noel Harris, Michael Walker and many others come to mind.

Very true and they were/are  all good people who gave as much, if not more, than they took. I am sure they are all grateful that the "evil coloniser' brought the noble beast to this country for them to hone their skills with one of man's most faithful animal servants.

20 hours ago, bloke said:

Here we go again come in the Maori haters. 

The first Race meeting held in NZ was at Petone beach enjoyed by the Maoris and settlers. In 1855 the local Iwi gifted to the crown under a deed of gift Hutt Park to the purpose of horse racing. 

But then I guess bashing Maori is a Baby Boomer thing.

I'm not bashing Maori at all and I find it quite offensive that you think that is what I am doing. Get off the racist train track and don't be so sensitive. I merely made an observation with a bit of humour in respect of the renaming of race horses. 

Sheez...