RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gary Sharp

Vale: Ray Adcock

Sometimes you get to know people who you think will last forever. Someone who is always good for a yarn. Someone whose knowledge of a sport/industry is limitless.

Ray Adcock was one of those people.

When he celebrated his 87th birthday a short time ago, I expected Ray to be there for years to come, ready for another yarn.  But that was not to be. 

Even as Ray was reducing his hands-on involvement in greyhounds he was ensuring the future of people who had come into the "game" relatively recently. Whenever Ray and I met over these last few years we always had a chat about how he bought a couple of bitches at very modest cost which set up the remarkably successful partnership of Mrs Jose Arthur and Daniel Lane as co-owners with Ray's protege, Daniel, the trainer. 

That is just one example of the legacy that the "master Raymond Harold Adcock" - as Peter Earley often referred to him as - has left. Over many, man years there would be so many who benefited from his knowledge. He will be sadly missed, indeed.

Farewell, good  friend to me and my family.

Rest in Peace.