RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

All Stars

23 hours ago, eljay said:

I see Mark has his training license back.      Where does that leave Hayden?

Hayden should be all good !

My guess.....and nothing more ,  not been talking to no little birdies .....is that Mark wisely decided to control his own horses ie ones he has a significant ownership in.

One such horse is the brilliant Akuta who looks something special.

Makes sense for him to be the trainer , control its program , maybe control and accompany its travel , and the small matter of Trainers % of earnings seems a no-brainer.

It makes perfect sense [and cents too !]

4 minutes ago, tasman man said:

Hayden should be all good !

My guess.....and nothing more ,  not been talking to no little birdies .....is that Mark wisely decided to control his own horses ie ones he has a significant ownership in.

One such horse is the brilliant Akuta who looks something special.

Makes sense for him to be the trainer , control its program , maybe control and accompany its travel , and the small matter of Trainers % of earnings seems a no-brainer.

It makes perfect sense [and cents too !]

Mark has been doing a fantastic job over the years. deserved a break from that high pressure for a little while. Nat had domestic issues to sort as well. 

Often a fill-in Trainer is given the reins anyway, when a Trainer DQed horses put in a relatives name or if in the McCarthy's Case they used the farriers name Nzer Craig Cross. Daryl Graham in Queensland used his daughters name while did a year out for cobalt recently. Hayden and his wife doing lots of work at Allstars deserved some recognition too ! and gained public respect. 

A great result All round . and yes AKUTA is going to be the next Superstar like LAZARUS I believe. Mark is a lucky bugger , that's for sure. !!!

On 9/9/2021 at 3:31 PM, eljay said:

I see Mark has his training license back.      Where does that leave Hayden?

Its official eljay.......HCullen and MPurdon will be a Partnership come October 2021.

Fresh from the Cullen Racing website.

4 hours ago, tasman man said:

Its official eljay.......HCullen and MPurdon will be a Partnership come October 2021.

Fresh from the Cullen Racing website.

Worst kept secret in Harness. The only piece of the puzzle is where does Nat fit in.? 

My prediction is that Natalie will be driving South Coast Arden.  As it will be trained by Brent Mangos she can't go back training until after the cup. So Hayden gets to keep his name on the training partnership until after November.

It will be stabled at Rolleston and she will be the caretaker trainer.

Time will tell if I am right.

4 hours ago, dkc said:

My prediction is that Natalie will be driving South Coast Arden.  As it will be trained by Brent Mangos she can't go back training until after the cup. So Hayden gets to keep his name on the training partnership until after November.

1000% correct

On 9/25/2021 at 5:20 PM, dkc said:

A very comprehensive win last night. What a good judge she is

34 minutes ago, eljay said:

Made Mark look an amateur 😜

Hardly eljay......proved he is the master !

Took the chance to tell the media that his horse would probably NOT win.

Said he'd be happy with a top 3 finish , but the horse was 'hefty' in condition and would be driven conservatively.

He added that Natalie's horse was at his stable ,and more forward of the two.

Proved IMO he is the master !

And she did what she normally does when on best horse in race ,on the night.......drove aggressively !

That why she so good !

13 minutes ago, eljay said:

Sorry, should have said Male person & female person.   Can't say Master any more - thats sexist!

Lol.

Are we even allowed to say male & female anymore 🙄

But back to the topic. I heard somebody at the yearling sales say "there goes racing royalty" as M & N walked by.... Hard to argue against that!!!

22 hours ago, Navitas said:

Lol.

Are we even allowed to say male & female anymore 🙄

But back to the topic. I heard somebody at the yearling sales say "there goes racing royalty" as M & N walked by.... Hard to argue against that!!!

There are a lot of jealous people out there Navitas.  Cant imagine it would bother M and N one iota