RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Should this site be for the vaccinated only ?

53 minutes ago, Archer said:

And there goes the Mayoral train, leaving Britomart and plummeting off the Viaduct wharf  .............. 💣

Not really, it just gets tedious after a while when you’re arguing with someone who pretends they were an academic of some substance,  but in reality he was a Massey student counsellor …nothing more

As I said initially it was a thread for a laugh, but I’ve stopped laughing 

11 hours ago, 6xes said:

whats wrong? the truth of vaccines becoming too real for you??

Here's the stats in NZ as of Wednesday 8-9-21.

855 delta covid cases

702 of these were unvaccinated - 83%

115 had had 1st vaccine shot - 13%

38 had had both shots - 4%

Simple, if you dont want Covid get Vaccinated.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Not really, it just gets tedious after a while when you’re arguing with someone who pretends they were an academic of some substance,  but in reality he was a Massey student counsellor …nothing more

As I said initially it was a thread for a laugh, but I’ve stopped laughing 

That's partly true indeed Leo but I'm still laughing. Sorry you are not.

It's unusual for you but this time you seem to have no substance to your argument.

22 minutes ago, Leggy said:

That's partly true indeed Leo but I'm still laughing.

It's unusual for you but this time you seem to have no substance to your argument.

I think those of us who didn’t drop out of Uni can see the argument I have is compelling 

Science is science, mRNA and similar technology is rock solid, it’s a scientific fact that vaccination reduces infection rates, reduces hospitalization rates, reduces morbidity, and reduces the spread of the virus 

If you can’t understand that you should maybe put that bottle down, and go bury your head in some text books, or read some papers from, for example, The Lancet 

Even a dropout can understand this 

Hospitalisation among vaccine breakthrough COVID-19 infections - The Lancet Infectious Diseases

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00558-2/fulltext

10 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I think those of us who didn’t drop out of Uni can see the argument I have is compelling 

Science is science, mRNA and similar technology is rock solid, it’s a scientific fact that vaccination reduces infection rates, reduces hospitalization rates, reduces morbidity, and reduces the spread of the virus 

If you can’t understand that you should maybe put that bottle down, and go bury your head in some text books, or read some papers from, for example, The Lancet 

Even a dropout can understand this 

Hospitalisation among vaccine breakthrough COVID-19 infections - The Lancet Infectious Diseases

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00558-2/fulltext

Doesn't sound like any panacea.

. Overall, although vaccines have undoubtedly conferred widespread protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection worldwide, future studies are needed to identify and mitigate factors that are associated with inadequate vaccine response in those with breakthrough infections.

5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Doesn't sound like any panacea.

. Overall, although vaccines have undoubtedly conferred widespread protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection worldwide, future studies are needed to identify and mitigate factors that are associated with inadequate vaccine response in those with breakthrough infections.

I’ll invest my faith and trust in The Lancet, a powerful peer reviewed scholarly article, rather than a drop out retired counsellor wearing a tin foil hat 

I doubt many would disagree with me, and if they do they’re fools like you 

Did you even read the article, did you understand it, or are you guessing and pretending again ? 

6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’ll invest my faith and trust in The Lancet, a peer reviewed scholarly article, rather than a drop out retired counsellor wearing a tin foil hat 

Haha

Is this the same Lancet that tried to do a hitjob on HCQ but then had to retract it because it was all bs

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200605/lancet-retracts-hydroxychloroquine-study

15 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’ll invest my faith and trust in The Lancet, a powerful peer reviewed scholarly article, rather than a drop out retired counsellor wearing a tin foil hat 

Did you even read the article, did you understand it, or are you guessing and pretending again ? 

I take it that resorting to personal attacks means that you have run out of any substantive argument on the topic.

11 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I take it that resorting to personal attacks means that you have run out of any substantive argument on the topic.

The argument is in that Lancet paper…I can’t be held responsible if you lack the intellect and skill to read and understand it 

It’s The Lancet, it’s the medical bible ….remind me what your comparative qualifications are again Brent ? 

The Lancet - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lancet

12 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

The argument is in that Lancet paper…I can’t be held responsible if you lack the intellect and skill to read and understand it 

It’s The Lancet, it’s the medical bible ….remind me what your comparative qualifications are again Brent ? 

I'm not opposed to mass vaccination. Just don't think it's a panacea or even very significant as yet. If you like the Lancet, see here: Israel's experience provides impetus for countries to proactively pursue high vaccine coverage to protect the population; Have you read the critiques of the Lancet article you cite?

however, rollout would need to follow the WHO prioritisation roadmap to maximise the public health impact, in light of vaccine supply constraints. More post-introduction vaccine effectiveness studies will be required. Timely reporting of vaccine effectiveness against variants of concern, the duration of protection across age groups and geographical settings, and the effectiveness of alternative dosing regimens is crucial to provide data-driven immunisation policies.

7 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I'm not opposed to mass vaccination. Just don't think it's a panacea or even very significant as yet. If you like the Lancet, see here: Israel's experience provides impetus for countries to proactively pursue high vaccine coverage to protect the population; Have you read the critiques of the Lancet article you cite?

however, rollout would need to follow the WHO prioritisation roadmap to maximise the public health impact, in light of vaccine supply constraints. More post-introduction vaccine effectiveness studies will be required. Timely reporting of vaccine effectiveness against variants of concern, the duration of protection across age groups and geographical settings, and the effectiveness of alternative dosing regimens is crucial to provide data-driven immunisation policies.

Yep

Vaccination for SARS-CoV-2 is highly effective against infection with SARS-CoV-2 or hospitalisation with COVID-19.

2 hours ago, fermoy said:

Here's the stats in NZ as of Wednesday 8-9-21.

855 delta covid cases

702 of these were unvaccinated - 83%

115 had had 1st vaccine shot - 13%

38 had had both shots - 4%

Simple, if you dont want Covid get Vaccinated.

Don;t forget that is with less than 30% of the population now vaccinated. Much less in relation to those figures.

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

What you say is true but that was 15 years or so ago. I also had roles in Ireland and Kentucky picking up shit and mucking out boxes. I'm not sure that any of that affects my abiliy to contribute to this debate.

Pearls before swine I suspect, but I may as well put it here 

Covid 19 coronavirus: Denmark's high vaccination rate lifts all restrictions on the nations domestic travel - NZ Herald

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-denmarks-high-vaccination-rate-lifts-all-restrictions-on-the-nations-domestic-travel/DKPK6DFSKWCEYJFVTHVI4LPVPU/

This thread as amusing as it has been, and as confusing as it is, clearly shows the difficulty of humans and opinions.

The same Vax or not to Vax arguments, and the outcomes,  are occurring in cities all over NZ. Smart people are arguing with similar people and therefore dumb people sit and wait. It's somewhat reasonable to have these arguments however, it's not getting anyone anywhere. 

Covid has killed more people than the Vaccine has and since the vaccinations have started  way less people have died. 

I don't mind if you vaccinate or take the risk, the government supports the vaccine and so it should simply open up and prove its rhetoric to NZers that the vaccine, which it is pushing, works.

1 hour ago, Phillipe said:

This thread as amusing as it has been, and as confusing as it is, clearly shows the difficulty of humans and opinions.

The same Vax or not to Vax arguments, and the outcomes,  are occurring in cities all over NZ. Smart people are arguing with similar people and therefore dumb people sit and wait. It's somewhat reasonable to have these arguments however, it's not getting anyone anywhere. 

Covid has killed more people than the Vaccine has and since the vaccinations have started  way less people have died. 

I don't mind if you vaccinate or take the risk, the government supports the vaccine and so it should simply open up and prove its rhetoric to NZers that the vaccine, which it is pushing, works.

This government is arguably very poorly advised by the DGOH & MOH, see Waitakere and Middlemore hospital fiascos as examples of how inept they are, however if you look globally, Scandinavia is of particular interest, but it’s the same in most countries, there is absolute evidence that the double vaxx reduces infection rates, hospitalisations & deaths 

That’s only going to get better with new vaccine options like Novavax, and the DNA plasmid technology

Israel is of great interest to those of us who’re deep into this, they’ve got some interesting regimes using third boosters, and some innovative treatment options that are getting outstanding results 

The Jewish nation is quite a marvel when it comes to innovation 

Israeli scientists move closer to averting deadly immune overreaction to COVID | The Times of Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-scientists-move-closer-to-averting-deadly-immune-overreaction-to-covid/

And a bit more light reading

NZ is getting Novavax, and for the cynics and nutters this older style of vaccine technology has less to worry about 

Novavax Is Now the Best COVID-19 Vaccine - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/06/novavax-now-best-covid-19-vaccine/619276/
https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/619276/

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Pearls before swine I suspect, but I may as well put it here 

Covid 19 coronavirus: Denmark's high vaccination rate lifts all restrictions on the nations domestic travel - NZ Herald

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-denmarks-high-vaccination-rate-lifts-all-restrictions-on-the-nations-domestic-travel/DKPK6DFSKWCEYJFVTHVI4LPVPU/

Yes be interesting to see how that goes.  https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300404785/covid19-denmark-lifts-all-domestic-restrictions-citing-high-vaccination-rate?cid=app-android

44 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

And a bit more light reading

NZ is getting Novavax, and for the cynics and nutters this older style of vaccine technology has less to worry about 

Novavax Is Now the Best COVID-19 Vaccine - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/06/novavax-now-best-covid-19-vaccine/619276/
https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/619276/

Yeahh...still hanging on for Medsafe to approve it.

It's a real vaccine.

Middlemore is a natural place for Covid to thrive. It has long been taken over by cultural more's. The rellies live in and the staff let them. 10 to a room, they use your room and toilet, eat f and c in the lounge and leave shit there. They sleep in the lounge.

Sunday more pour in for prayer meetings and singing. If you live SE like we do you have the jab. Be more scared of hospital than the lurgy.

2 hours ago, Nerula said:

Middlemore is a natural place for Covid to thrive. It has long been taken over by cultural more's. The rellies live in and the staff let them. 10 to a room, they use your room and toilet, eat f and c in the lounge and leave shit there. They sleep in the lounge.

Sunday more pour in for prayer meetings and singing. If you live SE like we do you have the jab. Be more scared of hospital than the lurgy.

Did you see the prezzer where they asked Bloomfield and Jacinda about people allegedly having sex whilst visiting patients there ? As in a visitor shagging a patient 

Within 2 weeks of the first miqs being set up, sexual favours for food and drink began, the security guards went straight to prison/lockup rules and took full advantage of the inmates/patients .....  :( 

And even after the PM and her cohorts found out the disgusting details, they still employed these guys.  

16 hours ago, poundforpound said:

The Lancet - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lancet

Isnt it funny, how you backdown once you have been called out, and then try to offload the incorrect statements you made, to the very thing you trust!!

is this the typical response we can expect from you?

and then... go on the offensive with the higher education stick.

grow a pair and admit you were wrong!!

And yes the Hydroxy treatment is a valid treatment... thanks 100 1 😉

2 minutes ago, 6xes said:

Isnt it funny, how you backdown once you have been called out, and then try to offload the incorrect statements you made, to the very thing you trust!!

the hydroxy is NOT a valid treatment unless you are a quack.....been discredited but you won't ever admit to that being a Donald supporter 

4 minutes ago, 6xes said:

These two Trump morons are never right…..🥱