RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
poundforpound

Should this site be for the vaccinated only ?

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Yep, it says it all in the intro

An AEFI is an untoward medical event which follows immunisation and does not necessarily have a causal relationship with the administration of the vaccine. The adverse event may be an unfavourable or unintended sign, abnormal laboratory finding, symptom or disease.

One single death attributed to the vaccine, myocarditis if that matters 

Check out the age distribution too …..this vaccine is so safe 

And even that one death has been referred to the coroner to confirm the current findings. 

22 minutes ago, 6xes said:

you chuck off at me...  fine, i can take that,  you chuck off at the notion Dr Zelenko and his Hydroxy treatment, ok ill let that go

but when Dr Zelenko makes the case of Israel being double dosed, and still a spike occurring in infections rates, which is also backed up by Berri and her analysis...

you still going to sit there and RUN your mouth like you know better!!?? keep it up Mr highly educated  pffft

Ahem....I'm not a her

2 hours ago, Berri said:

In my previous post I should have said that was for Israel, the percentage based most vaccinated country in the World.

In that Herald article, what does that first paragraph really mean?

image.png.e8b696df9d977334d8fdf866d90e4f8a.png

Then read the rest of the article. Maybe the nationality of the writer means that the language is ambiguous, or maybe I'm going silly in the head, but if that's a direct quote from the health department (please note that no-one from the health department was quoted - as they should have been if this was meant to be a meaningful statement), then it could mean a number of things.

I'm so jaundiced by the spin that unless there is no ambiguity, I take things with a pinch of salt. Does this mean that some of the people who ended up in hospital were two weeks ago fully vaccinated, but somehow had tested positive? What the fuck does it mean? The bloke that wrote that article is a deputy political editor. Why not a health representative or reporter? His pay packet is currently being paid for by the NZ government, and therefore us.

The jab takes two weeks to reach full effectiveness. I think (from memory) there were about 8 out of 88 that were in hospital who had had one jab, and just one in hospital who had had both jabs? But all jabs were more recent than two weeks, so thus still not at full power. 

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

From my sister in the UK this morning "We have 38000 cases a day here with 80 percent of the population double vaccinated" Is that right?

I stand to be corrected, but I thought England was at a little over 70% vaccinated, and got to the 80% mark to re-open by including those that had caught Covid and recovered, working on the theory they are now immune (which may or may not turn out to be correct). 

Singapore, who was one of the role model countries to the rest of the world, is now struggling again after beginning to open up. 

4 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

The Health Restoration program isn't  stupid idea. However, by the time you passed legislation to shut down all of the fast food joints, heard all of the appeals, and re-educated the generations of New Zealanders that would need re-education, everybody in the country would have died of Covid if you weren't allowing vaccinations in the meantime.  

Just promote things that make sense (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Magnesium), put the fear of god into everyone about weight having a direct correlation with Covid death, get all those silly idiots in Wellington to promote growing good healthy vegetables using all of the under utilised land and simply get on with it. Instead of getting all the spin doctors to promote Ardern and manipulate her  and her government's failures, re-engineer their briefs to promote this stuff

Yes, I read 62.5% actually so the 80% probably adds in the supposedly immune from having had Covid. Regardless, the evidence to hand suggests that vaccination or other herd immunity measures don't work. Singapore looking like a good example. Border control is probably key until the rest of the world sorts things out and that's not really going well at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Berri said:

Just promote things that make sense (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Magnesium), put the fear of god into everyone about weight having a direct correlation with Covid death, get all those silly idiots in Wellington to promote growing good healthy vegetables using all of the under utilised land and simply get on with it. Instead of getting all the spin doctors to promote Ardern and manipulate her  and her government's failures, re-engineer their briefs to promote this stuff

And you'd get all that up and running by Xmas? You are suffering from a severe case of reality disassociation. 

When was the last time you spent any time in South Auckland, for example? Your idea would take decades to implement, let alone work. 

20 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Yes, I read 62.5% actually so the 80% probably adds in the supposedly immune from having had Covid. Regardless, the evidence to hand suggests that vaccination or other herd immunity measures don't work. Singapore looking like a good example. Border control is probably key until the rest of the world sorts things out and that's not really going well at the moment.

Herd immunity on it's own won't work. But herd immunity via vaccination is the best chance we've got. Not perfect, but we cannot stay locked up for ever,

I doubt many of us will ever see Alert Level 0 again in our lifetimes, but I'd rather things be as opened up as they possibly can, and we all manage life around that the best we possibly can. We cannot have multiple Level 4 lockdowns per year, which is what will happen if we continue on the current path, as each mutation of the virus gets progressively worse than the previous one. Life is unlikely to ever return to what we had, but we need to work together to get the best life we possibly can. 

Man-up all of you anti-vaxxers, vax-hesitant and conspiracy theorists. Take one for the team and get us moving again. 

15 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

Herd immunity on it's own won't work. But herd immunity via vaccination is the best chance we've got. Not perfect, but we cannot stay locked up for ever,

I doubt many of us will ever see Alert Level 0 again in our lifetimes, but I'd rather things be as opened up as they possibly can, and we all manage life around that the best we possibly can. We cannot have multiple Level 4 lockdowns per year, which is what will happen if we continue on the current path, as each mutation of the virus gets progressively worse than the previous one. Life is unlikely to ever return to what we had, but we need to work together to get the best life we possibly can. 

Man-up all of you anti-vaxxers, vax-hesitant and conspiracy theorists. Take one for the team and get us moving again. 

Opening up the border is counter productive! It allows the virus to continue to circulate and mutate,it locks us in to paying money to drug companies forever and ever in order to beat every new variant.By locking down and eliminating, the virus would be deader than the proverbial parrot,we have done it in NZ already and are undone by the importation of fresh greeblies via the lack of proper border controls.We only have to continue lockdowns until the rest of the world gets their shit together, we could put the drug money in our hands to keep our economy ticking over .So far this stategy has worked better than any other ,so why are we changing,why are we fixing something that is not broken

43 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

Opening up the border is counter productive! It allows the virus to continue to circulate and mutate,it locks us in to paying money to drug companies forever and ever in order to beat every new variant.By locking down and eliminating, the virus would be deader than the proverbial parrot,we have done it in NZ already and are undone by the importation of fresh greeblies via the lack of proper border controls.We only have to continue lockdowns until the rest of the world gets their shit together, we could put the drug money in our hands to keep our economy ticking over .So far this stategy has worked better than any other ,so why are we changing,why are we fixing something that is not broken

Exactly. Tight borders and rapid lockdowns to address outbreaks is what's working until the rest of the world gets its shit together. There is no evidence that mass vaccination is or will.

Iceland has one of the highest Covid-19 vaccination rates in the world, with around 84% of the eligible population fully vaccinated (much higher than the rate of about 30% in New Zealand). However, like Australia, Iceland is now experiencing its largest Covid-19 outbreak, caused by delta. Many of the recent cases are occurring amongst the fully vaccinated, in what is known as breakthrough infections. Breakthrough infections are also driving the large delta outbreak in highly vaccinated Israel

13 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Exactly. Tight borders and rapid lockdowns to address outbreaks is what's working until the rest of the world gets its shit together. There is no evidence that mass vaccination is or will.

Best you start reading fella .. try Scandinavia for starters 

The Guardian data clearly shows that whilst infections are surging, hospitalisations & mortality rates are not 

What part of that graph can’t you understand ?? I can get Neve to help you 

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

Best you start reading fella .. try Scandinavia for starters 

The Guardian data clearly shows that whilst infections are surging, hospitalisations & mortality rates are not 

What part of that graph can’t you understand ?? I can get Neve to help you 

I'm not that keen on the Guardian or indeed any media as a key source of information.

Do as I say, not as I do. New Zealander of the Year Siouxsie Wiles unmasked, meanwhile she doesn't give a stuff about our Economy, nor that of The Racing Industry or those who prefer to live Healthy outdoor pursuits and eating

https://thebfd.co.nz/2021/09/09/new-zealander-of-the-year-siouxsie-wiles-unmasked/?utm_source=envelope&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=SocialSnap

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

Really? You believe that? Don't see much evidence that it will make a difference myself.

Yes, definitely. You may have predetermined resolve that it wont work, some do, but if you open up your mind and really think about it, and listen to P4P who has put it quite simply, you might just see the light. 

2 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

You really think we can keep doing this for another what? 5 years? 10 years? 25 years? Get a grip. 

Permanent Elimination is impossible. 

Your "We only have to continue lockdowns until the rest of the world gets their shit together" is arguably the most stupid statement I've ever read on Race Cafe. 

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Oh, you've just repeated it to equal the most stupid statement I've ever read on Race Cafe. 

4 hours ago, Leggy said:

Where did you get 62.5% from?