RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Superstars of the Spring Competion - Starting 11 September.

Okay everyone,

Here are the Team Names and players plus rules for the Superstars of the Spring Competition.It was done by a random draw so sorry for the extra two people we had.

The first day is Saturday 11 September. With so many eager to enter the competition there are now 16 teams (of 5 players each) so for every team to play every other team once we’ve needed to extend it out until Saturday 27 November (Zipping Classic day)… that Saturday alone has something like 9 Group and Listed races from Sandown plus also G1 racing from Perth.

NB: There are a couple of comp days scheduled for weekdays (Tuesday 4 Nov, Melbourne Cup and Thursday 6 Nov, Flemington Oaks Day), and a couple of night races from Moonee Valley (Friday 24 Sept and Friday 22 Oct) but we’re going to be making it as easy as possible to get your entries in for those days.

There are 2 parts to the comp.

(1)     A straight out individual comp.

(2)     The team comp.

When the Entry thread is put up for each comp day, it will also include the draw of the Team vs Team. (there is  no Individual vs Individual within the teams though).

The Team Names and Players within the team are: (the Captains of each team are shown in BOLD type)

TEAM NAME                         PLAYERS

Balmerino                              Al Feilding, Casper, Gruff, Shakti63, Sir Castleton

Black Caviar                           Cubes, Napier, Ohokaman, Racing Jimmy, Redrew2000

Bonecrusher                          Arjay, Caroline, MikeNZ, Ripples, The Sherriff

Castletown                             Alf Riston, Black Caviar, Kundalini, Majestic, Richie

Grey Way                                Black Kirrama, Houlahan’s Dream, Jack, Sayer, Warren

Gunsynd                                 Ivan the Great, Maverick, Peter R S, Punter Pete, Scooby3051

Kingston Town                      Littletramp, L.J.Shannon, Loancrusher, Stoyd, Von Cettes

Kiwi                                         Nerula, Mooseman, Romantic Miss, Talk1, Wallywong

Manikato                                Jenlove, Koriokaramea, Seddon, Stixs, Toddy

Makybe Diva                          Drew&Jo, Floyd Pink, Ponderosa8, Smiler, Tacula

Melody Belle                          Hall, Insider, Lynzim, Mike28, Tasman Man

Might and Power                  Alf, Black Caviar56, Nicobury, Nukkledragga, The Paw

Phar Lap                                 D.burrow, MrZim, Next Please, Puntwarriors, SayNoMore

Rough Habit                           Camacho, Craigman, Goodison, Pegasus9, TurnyTom

Sunline                                    Alan1234, High Sparrow, Kloppite, Mr Gee, Weekend Hussler

Winx                                        Catalano, Memphis3, Pure Steel, Rodders, Zappa

WE HAVE STANDBY PLAYERS IF NEEDED.....Percival and Zak Hussai...anyone else who wants to be added to the list can be by adding your name below.

The RULES are fairly straightforward.

-          Pick 2 horses in each nominated race. You will get $10 EW on both horses plus a $2 Boxed Quinella. (dividends based on NZ TAB tote at closing time). include 2 BB races as you see fit.Double $$ if they are successful

-          For anyone who DOES NOT post their picks, they will be allocated $0.00 to their Individual comp total but for the Team comp they will be allocated the same $$$ as the lowest scoring member in their team. So please post your picks so you don’t let your other team mates down. Will leave it up to the Captains to rark up their team mates as needed.

-          Scratchings will go on to the TAB favourite, but if you already have the favourite in your picks then it will go on to the 2nd favourite.

The winners and prizes:

Individual Comp winner: $500 W/P bet on a single horse (NZ Tote TAB), with 50% of any winnings being retained for future comp prizes.

Team Comp winner: $1,500 W/P ($300 W/P each team member) on a single horse (NZ Tote TAB), with 50% of any winnings being retained for future comp prizes.

(early days but wouldn’t it be a great watch if the Team winners colluded and all decided to take the same horse!!).

The entry thread for the 1st comp day should be up Wednesday 8th September (afternoon/early evening).

Footnote: Black Caviar has opened up as Favourite, just in front of the “Goondiwindi” grey, with Melody Belle and Grey Way sharing the 3rd line of betting.

So “LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE

1 hour ago, Nukkledragga said:

Are the 2 who got shut out able to compete as individuals?, and I think my selection as captain can only be as a result of russian interference,nevertheless ,like all good leaders I will be issuing equal parts praise,encouragement and cold blooded death threats.

Yes thats a good idea...I think that is a good suggestion.

2 hours ago, alf said:

Hi Scooby  I forgot there are 2 of us Alf. If it makes it easier to save any confusion I will have a user name of sheridan. Regards Alf

Its all good.. Long as you post your picks under "alf" then its no problem..

21 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Yes thats a good idea...I think that is a good suggestion.

Gee, I'm glad I thought of that.... ha ha.

Okay so yes, I have included Percival and Zak Hussai into the Individual part of the comp.

And if someone from another team drops out of the comp for whatever reason, then they will then be included into that team.

From a scoring point of view, they will continue along with their existing $$ in the individual comp. As far as the team comp is concerned, the $$$ earnt by the drop-out will remain, and the new entrant into a TEAM will only start earning $$ for that team from the week they're included.  My thinking is that if Percival (for eg) is flying along in the individual comp and is leading, we could have a team captain do a Donald Trump and give a "you're fired" to one of their team players just so that they can bring Percival into the team with all their $$ earnt from the start of the comp.... that's just in case all team Captains have a Nukkledragga streak in themselves..😀

Independent Rating just received for this Year's upcoming Champion Team............""Black Caviar""

The Cubmeister.......Big Hat , No Cattle . Well past prime .Ageing wannabe ...... 4 / 10 .

Napier.....Dark horse of the team and adds the "X" factor.......10/10

Ohokaman.......Sure does like to post a lot . Experienced and the dark horse of the team......10 /10

Racing Jimmy......Will probably distance field having let go nicely down the straight .Will hit the line strongly and greet the judge ......10/10

Redrew2000......Dark horse of the team and adds that certain "X" factor.....10/10

Overall score when including GST.....47.5/50

Cubes and Out

49 minutes ago, Cubes said:

Independent Rating just received for this Year's upcoming Champion Team............""Black Caviar""

The Cubmeister.......Big Hat , No Cattle . Well past prime .Ageing wannabe ...... 4 / 10 .

Napier.....Dark horse of the team and adds the "X" factor.......10/10

Ohokaman.......Sure does like to post a lot . Experienced and the dark horse of the team......10 /10

Racing Jimmy......Will probably distance field having let go nicely down the straight .Will hit the line strongly and greet the judge ......10/10

Redrew2000......Dark horse of the team and adds that certain "X" factor.....10/10

Overall score when including GST.....47.5/50

Cubes and Out

Like your optimism with all these “dark horses” Cubes…….🤠

1 hour ago, Centrofold said:

Hi Scooby - It has been a long time.

I received an email about this a while back. 

I was in the Losers Get Laid Competition many years ago.  

I am wondering if I could be added to the competition

Cheers

Hey Centrofold, yes have included you in the Individual comp.