RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Sound familiar……??

Of course the jocks at the air BNB was the biggest headline story of the last week. And naturally social media was filled with all sorts of nonsense, text messages and in-boxes clogged with all sorts of alleged shenanigans, shared videos, innuendo and other interested parties.

So what happened to the “race-fixing probe” story in the meantime?

It was obviously quickly superseded with the gushing tales and supposed exploits from the Peninsula, but surely a bigger issue is race fixing allegations ahead of a few galloping jockeys and their jaunts.

A 38-year-old man (that’s vet Adam Matthews) and a 47-year-old woman originally from New Zealand (that’s Lisa Enright) were “arrested” last Wednesday and allegations of a “major race-fixing inquiry” were headline and then we can throw in “use possession and trafficking of cocaine” to make this a real juicy story.

Absolutely true, if it was true.

Racing Victoria, Harness Racing Victoria and Greyhound Racing Victoria “have worked with the (Victorian Police) sporting integrity intelligence unit during the probe,” said the story. Add in Sean Carroll’s Office of the Racing Integrity Commissioner.

Surely a big yarn?

Well again, it would be if there was any truth to it. No party has been charged or is likely to be charged with race fixing or cocaine trafficking and Racing Victoria’s only comment is the blandly predictable: “the matter remains the subject of an ongoing investigation by Victoria Police and thus we will not be making any comment at this time.”

In the meantime, the allegations of possible race-fixing remain sitting in the ether when if they were so serious should be so seriously addressed. While, as it sits now, any evidence remains flimsy at best, and without question, while reputations sit tarnished.

“All I have done is give a normal treatment to a horse for a client (Lisa Enright),” Matthews told me.

“There is nothing in it, absolutely nothing but it has devastated my business and I am seeking legal advice,” said Matthews, knowing where the baseless allegations have stemmed from and that his personal phone has been tapped for some six months

“I haven’t been charged because the allegations are frivolous at best. I run a standard veterinary practice to a level beyond reproach. This has not only caused my business professional damage, I’ve lost one major client whose business was about $50,000 per month, but the personal and mental damage is enormous on me and my family, all without any evidence.”

Funny you should bring this up

It’s five years, five years !! …..on Wednesday since Inca started

The Police phase, Organised Crime Unit raids were three years ago……all the fanfare, all the allegations, all the media, the immediate warning off of the defendants, the claims leading drivers would be “extradited”:immediately, the threats from the head of the RIU that leading drivers “would be rubbed out forever”……and so far it’s all come to nothing, not a single trial, not a conviction for race fixing, no money trails, no betting irregularities…….but it’s only been five years so I’d better be patient 

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Funny you should bring this up

It’s five years, five years !! …..on Wednesday since Inca started

The Police phase, Organised Crime Unit raids were three years ago……all the fanfare, all the allegations, all the media, the immediate warning off of the defendants, the claims leading drivers would be “extradited”:immediately, the threats from the head of the RIU that leading drivers “would be rubbed out forever”……and so far it’s all come to nothing, not a single trial, not a conviction for race fixing, no money trails, no betting irregularities…….but it’s only been five years so I’d better be patient 

Maybe they're still trying to plant evidence?  🙈 😛

13 minutes ago, Nerula said:

These Jockeys are in the bubble in the Jockeys room and they had a much smaller bubble at the Air BNB.

So its about posturing. The penalties are far too severe IMO

I happen to not agree...they put all of racing at risk its hanging on by a thread as it is...very selfish behaviour....lets see what they do with the three that appealed...should be interesting.

There was a trainer in NSW who broke the Covid rules there he got 6 months.

Oh come now you grumpy old fools

Daniel Andrews has just agreed that Victoria is “going to live with Covid” anyway, so who or what exactly did they put at risk ( apart from their marriages ) ?? 

This is extreme and it’s a moral judgement call, something NO racing jurisdiction has any mandate to make a call on .. unless they open up their own bedroom doors s we can judge them 

You'll have noticed the Victorian anti lockdown. protests with thousands of protesters every weekend, running riot through Melbourne, using your logic do you suggest each protester loses their main source of income for three months ? Loses their job ?

The thought is bizarre, racing stewards are intoxicated with their own powers …. the jockeys should band together, stand together, and strike, until such time as common sense prevails