RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
garryb

This site

I have followed this site since it started and watch it deteriorate from an interesting and generally humourous place to seeing a litany of rubbish spewing out from many mouths who think they are tough NZ males. I don’t agree much with pound for pound but at least he fronts up. For 60 years I have watched the industry slowly decline to the sick state it is in now. If it was not for lady jockeys  and Asian apprentices there would be one meeting a week. Continually criticising Labour at present does not explain the decline over the last 50 years when National was in power for the majority of those years.

I get that many of you don’t like Labour but some of the vile comments are disgusting. What some of you would call vigorous debate is crap coming from anonymous key board warriors who talk tough without any accountability. Like so many in my age group you continue to ignore science, deny climate change, complain about attempts to mitigate racial and economic inequality etc etc.

Face facts : You are not as important as you think and your power is continuing to diminish as evidenced by the last election. In signing off I recognise that I written this anonymously too but I can’t be bothered with the inevitable backlash.

40 minutes ago, garryb said:

I have followed this site since it started and watch it deteriorate from an interesting and generally humourous place to seeing a litany of rubbish spewing out from many mouths who think they are tough NZ males. I don’t agree much with pound for pound but at least he fronts up. For 60 years I have watched the industry slowly decline to the sick state it is in now. If it was not for lady jockeys  and Asian apprentices there would be one meeting a week. Continually criticising Labour at present does not explain the decline over the last 50 years when National was in power for the majority of those years.

I get that many of you don’t like Labour but some of the vile comments are disgusting. What some of you would call vigorous debate is crap coming from anonymous key board warriors who talk tough without any accountability. Like so many in my age group you continue to ignore science, deny climate change, complain about attempts to mitigate racial and economic inequality etc etc.

Face facts : You are not as important as you think and your power is continuing to diminish as evidenced by the last election. In signing off I recognise that I written this anonymously too but I can’t be bothered with the inevitable backlash.

Well mate, its very hard to expect disclosure from others when you wont do it yourself. Sort of like the way Jacinda runs the country ...

Gary thanks for the input, you are entitled to your opinion and some of what you say I agree with, I also do not like people taking potshots from behind a key board towards good hard working people in the industry but it is what it is in these internet times so we all have to get used to it...unfair and wrong as it sometimes is.

Many on here would never say to the people they rubbish what they in here to their faces but hey lets not stress to much about it.

Garry,

Good on you for voicing your thoughts. You sound a bit frustrated realizing that others do not agree with your personal views/opinions, and in many ways they may differ by many degrees from what you consider normal and proper thinking.

In the past, especially in a small country like NZ where communities were strong influences, we all had some say in how things were done - that is now being closed down by central govt mandates along with importation of people with different cultures/values and also commercial interests/corruption that was not as obvious in the past.

The other aspect is that Social media has probably made you more aware that others may hold radically different views from you - they have always had different views it is just that you were unaware of those people before you entered the world of facebook/twitter/online forums etc.

Check out the late 1960's TV series (17 episodes) called "The Prisoner" and you may relate to this feeling of being trapped in a crazy world without any control. When asked about what the biggest threat to society is, Patrick McGoohan the creator and main character of the series said simply "Progress".

You may find the source of your frustration within his prescient reply, spoken in the 1960's. Life is changing too fast for all of us.

Sorry if the comments sound like preaching, just trying to give you a different perspective to help with obtaining peace of mind.

3 hours ago, garryb said:

I started out reading this and thought you were making some sound points, but then the more I read on I really had no idea what you were talking about. You went from discussing the decline of the racing industry to a discussion of politics and "my political tribe is better than your political tribe."  I really have no idea what "your power is continuing to diminish as evidenced by the last election" has got to do with the thoroughbred racing industry.

I only look at the thoroughbred forum on here, and occasionally drift over to check out the trots forum, and I haven't noticed the extreme political comments that you are referring to. Perhaps they are on another part of the site and you should have made your comments there. Of course I may have missed a particular discussion, I don't read them all, and I never read what that memony chap writes as it is usually too long and boring.

Over time people on here have been much more critical of the various incompetent National Ministers of Racing than they have been towards Robertson, at least from what I have seen.

I am a bit of a rare breed in that I am quite neutral politically. I don't think any of them are that flash to be honest, so I don't really see that any of them are worth getting too excited about.

Have I missed something on this particular forum or did you mean to make your post on another part of the site?

@garryB

Debate is always healthy,

what we choose to take away from a debate, is different for all of us.

The social circles we are use to... would indicate our tolerance levels to words and their usage, and for that it should be noted...

Racecafe users run in different social circles, and this is seen in the diverseness of the linguistics of the Language,  revealing alot about people.

I take alot of Joy out of the verbal jousting, and exercising my thoughts, pinning down people and communicating my thoughts to others....

i also love throwing the odd pebble at people just for my own humour.... just to get a reaction....

....and that Sir in a nutshell is the beauty of Oratory of the Minds online

44 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Have I missed something on this particular forum or did you mean to make your post on another part of the site?

Do not go to the Main Street, unless you are interested in the psychologically damaged and insane. We have always had to listen to those who have the religiosity mind virus hijack their brain, but with the internet and social media, there are now a whole bunch of flavors of alternative reality that is being reinforced by the information bubbles and echo chambers. They are not totally contained to the Main Street and are leaking out here. There is also a large contingent that is obsessed with the American manufactured culture war. They have been sucked in and do not realize, it doesn't matter what side you are coming from, it is a manufactured culture war, and who is actually benefiting from manufacturing the culture war; certainly not the people obsessed with it. There has been a couple of references to BLM and wokeness on the Thoroughbred forum this week.

There are a lot of comments around here relating 'Cindy' and communism, which says a lot. I am amused by the geriatrics on here and one of them who talked about meeting John Key in person and getting all giggly and sweaty like a teenage girl meeting Justin Biber, but now posts derogatory comments about Jacinda. I could guess about the media and information bubble they are exposing themselves, which is probably one big echo chamber. A lot like those farmers who brought their tractors and utes to Queen Street, and then everybody else read their signs and messages and thought the were absolute morons.

PullyourselfTogether's posts on here about racing are usually of high value. I was reading some comments about him on another forum by the younger generation, and the consensus by them of his HQ facebook comments, is that he is actually quite possibly posting here as 100 1 and 6axes. I do not do facebook, so I cannot confirm.

Racecafe going back more than 10 years ago, was the one place in the racing industry, that you could get a picture of the true actual reality of the racing industry. The information was a decade ahead of the higher echelon of the industry. There was a reference here how Vela had a very low opinion of the information being posted on here, but 10 years late, he realized it was the truth. Steve Davis would reference the rabble and keyboard warriors on Trackside, while puffing up Gregory and Ballis. The top breeders of the time were still in fairy tale land and the PR from Te Akau indicated that they were also in an alternative reality. I am not sure if you can get the best information and true reality of the racing industry here now. I find myself coming to read some of the truly bizarre comments, like I am here to gawk at a car crash. There are plenty of places on the internet for this, some people refer to the comment section of Stuff, but I can only take a small dose. 

I seldom feel motivated to post, or have the time to be in the right frame of mind. So it is probably up to people drowning out the low value posts. The rule of the internet is the extreme ideas are broadcast at a great volume, while the middle ground is not so motivated to spend so much time and energy devoted to being heard.

For me the first reason to read something, is it readable and does it scan well. If a piece is well written it is worthwhile my reading it, regardless of my politics and bias.

I have chipped people on here for ungrammatical stuff and poor punctuation. If you are dyslexic its not worth the effort reading it. It lowers the tone of the site and if the writer cant be bothered to self-edit his or her work it shows a lack of respect to readers.

The best exponent of English on 'Cafe is the most read poster, mentioned in the lead post. Also he is never boring.

As to the originator of this post, I read it all, pigeon-holed him as tribal Labour, thought he was wrong on most counts except for the useless Racing Ministers under National. But apart from that probably not worth the effort of trying to change his mind on all the wrong things he believes.

I dont think 'Cafe has gone backwards re the number of "goobers" posting. Thats over the last 15 years that I have followed it.

I note an inference above that I might post under multiple names on Cafe…that’s simply not true….I’m P4P…nothing more 

As for the site, it’s rather like the seasons, cold and grey at the moment but with plenty of blues sky on the horizon I’d have thought 

4 hours ago, SavetheShire said:

Do not go to the Main Street, unless you are interested in the psychologically damaged and insane. We have always had to listen to those who have the religiosity mind virus hijack their brain, but with the internet and social media, there are now a whole bunch of flavors of alternative reality that is being reinforced by the information bubbles and echo chambers. They are not totally contained to the Main Street and are leaking out here. There is also a large contingent that is obsessed with the American manufactured culture war. They have been sucked in and do not realize, it doesn't matter what side you are coming from, it is a manufactured culture war, and who is actually benefiting from manufacturing the culture war; certainly not the people obsessed with it. There has been a couple of references to BLM and wokeness on the Thoroughbred forum this week.

There are a lot of comments around here relating 'Cindy' and communism, which says a lot. I am amused by the geriatrics on here and one of them who talked about meeting John Key in person and getting all giggly and sweaty like a teenage girl meeting Justin Biber, but now posts derogatory comments about Jacinda. I could guess about the media and information bubble they are exposing themselves, which is probably one big echo chamber. A lot like those farmers who brought their tractors and utes to Queen Street, and then everybody else read their signs and messages and thought the were absolute morons.

PullyourselfTogether's posts on here about racing are usually of high value. I was reading some comments about him on another forum by the younger generation, and the consensus by them of his HQ facebook comments, is that he is actually quite possibly posting here as 100 1 and 6axes. I do not do facebook, so I cannot confirm.

Racecafe going back more than 10 years ago, was the one place in the racing industry, that you could get a picture of the true actual reality of the racing industry. The information was a decade ahead of the higher echelon of the industry. There was a reference here how Vela had a very low opinion of the information being posted on here, but 10 years late, he realized it was the truth. Steve Davis would reference the rabble and keyboard warriors on Trackside, while puffing up Gregory and Ballis. The top breeders of the time were still in fairy tale land and the PR from Te Akau indicated that they were also in an alternative reality. I am not sure if you can get the best information and true reality of the racing industry here now. I find myself coming to read some of the truly bizarre comments, like I am here to gawk at a car crash. There are plenty of places on the internet for this, some people refer to the comment section of Stuff, but I can only take a small dose. 

I seldom feel motivated to post, or have the time to be in the right frame of mind. So it is probably up to people drowning out the low value posts. The rule of the internet is the extreme ideas are broadcast at a great volume, while the middle ground is not so motivated to spend so much time and energy devoted to being heard.

Pity you have lost you’re motovation to post you seem to have an almost balanced perspective and a sound general knowledge. Question is has you’re lack of motovation devalued you’re opinion through lack of relevant research ? Given the Complexity of this current crisis it would be foolish to assume anything. Now lets Watch Vow and Declare 

2021 Jab Cup, Melbourne, Australia | The Race That Stops a Nation...

mark-skidmore.com/2021/08/30/2021-jab-cup-melbourne...