RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

MASK TWATS

Those in charge of Public health have a lot to answer for.

Notice how they tried to enforce wearing them on planes when local air travel opened up and now Countdown are giving them to customers?

There's a lot of them to be disposed of unused, a bit like the Single Use Plastic bags!

Whoever signed those contracts??

What about the NRL !! 

Masks must be worn in the dressing sheds …..in the tunnel…..but then it’s masks off…..you go play a game, bash each other, scrum, wrestle, pummel each other, and at half time before you go back down the tunnel it’s masks on….ditto in the shed……then back out you come for another half of swapping spit, sweat and aerosols ……then at the final whistle it’s masks back on ……what a bizarre charade it all is……..farcical

I have had to wear paper masks at  work and they do not work for a number of reasons,but they are certified with all the authorities and must be used.Stripping houses of lead paint and sanding for 3 yrs gave me a chance to try a few things and make an informed choice,especially after one of my co workers was poisoned by lead dust while using an approved mask,for that job I found that a pillowcase was the most effective for dust ,used like a bank robbers bandanna the non stretchy cloth stopped all dust ,was more comfy,did not allow dust in ,or my  breath  to fog up my goggles but was ,and is not certified so cannot be used on most jobs.I have to die by the rules rather than bend them to save my life.As for covid ,as effective as a pillow case is against dust versus a paper mask, neither are any good against an airborne virus.If you go out on a frosty morn with a linen cupboard worth of masks of any description on your face ,your frosty breath( the stuff with all the virus) will be flowing unobstructed from your lungs for all to share,just like my simple experiments over dust exposure it is easy to pick holes in certified, mandated PPE.They are only effective at stopping your coughs and sneezes from infecting others if you are already sick,they offer no protection to the wearer.

14 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Anyone else notice many Aussies wearing a mask with it sitting below their nose  ? ?

I counted 3 presenters yesterday with Australasian coverage doing just that........ For farks sake how farking stupid can you be , well ... that stupid I guess.

Not going to make a great deal of difference either way Ivan ,and the fact small particulates can last in the air for hours doesnt help. Public transport should be ceased in a ‘Pandemic’ without doubt.

Once direct measurement of particles containing viruses in exhaled breath was technically feasible, most particles (87%) with influenza viral RNA were found to be smaller than 1 μm.

Exhaled influenza viral generation rates were estimated to be from fewer than 3·2 to 20 virus particles per min. Further developments enabled detection of so-called fine versus coarse particles (ie, ≤5 μm vs >5 μm).
 Influenza viral RNA was detected in the exhaled breath of 34 (92%) of 37 adults.
 The fine particles contained 8·8-times (95% CI 4·1–19·0) more viral copies than did the coarse ones. Respiratory viruses have been found in both coughs (82% of participants) and exhaled breath (81% of participants).
 Similarly, influenza virus was found in similar amounts in coughs (53% of participants) and breath (42% of participants).
Human rhinovirus was collected more frequently in exhaled breath than in cough aerosols using a filter method.
 Findings from two studies with comparable particle size data showed that influenza virus in exhaled breath is contained in smaller particles than influenza virus in cough (figure 3).

21 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

I have had to wear paper masks at  work and they do not work for a number of reasons,but they are certified with all the authorities and must be used.Stripping houses of lead paint and sanding for 3 yrs gave me a chance to try a few things and make an informed choice,especially after one of my co workers was poisoned by lead dust while using an approved mask,for that job I found that a pillowcase was the most effective for dust ,used like a bank robbers bandanna the non stretchy cloth stopped all dust ,was more comfy,did not allow dust in ,or my  breath  to fog up my goggles but was ,and is not certified so cannot be used on most jobs.I have to die by the rules rather than bend them to save my life.As for covid ,as effective as a pillow case is against dust versus a paper mask, neither are any good against an airborne virus.If you go out on a frosty morn with a linen cupboard worth of masks of any description on your face ,your frosty breath( the stuff with all the virus) will be flowing unobstructed from your lungs for all to share,just like my simple experiments over dust exposure it is easy to pick holes in certified, mandated PPE.They are only effective at stopping your coughs and sneezes from infecting others if you are already sick,they offer no protection to the wearer.

Take care of yourself @Nukkledragga

It's good to read of people like you speaking up about these things.

The mask industry, like wise with Medical supplies, is a very competitive highly stressful industry to work in bc they are constantly trying to keep ahead of their competitors.

What real hands on Qualifications do any of those telling us to wear them actually have of the Mask industry itself?

Waiting for China to start recycling theirs into new ones

We have been fortunate to have had the heads up on it with friends having worked in the industry in Japan

4 hours ago, garryb said:

Mike that does not like a site you could trust

Who can you trust gazza ? Can you trust Adern?  Can you trust the establishment giving Adern her directives? Theres enough ‘good’ information backed with Clinical Studies from reputable sources to suggest you’re viewpoint is based on deception. Can you prove otherwise please 😀

They say the virus is spread by aerosols. Spray painters will tell you if you can smell the paint aerosols the mask is no good. As a lot of lacquer is two pot containing cyonates thats dangerous (cancer of the testes). Not good!

So the only mask that really works is one with positive pressure from within.

A young relative has designed one with battery power like AAA. Not sure if it has got to market

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

They say the virus is spread by aerosols. Spray painters will tell you if you can smell the paint aerosols the mask is no good. As a lot of lacquer is two pot containing cyonates thats dangerous (cancer of the testes). Not good!

So the only mask that really works is one with positive pressure from within.

A young relative has designed one with battery power like AAA. Not sure if it has got to market

99% on the money, some modern  paints have perfumes to mask the harmful toxic gases and workers are put in danger as a result.smelly paint or chemicals have an incentive to open the bloody window,modern so called eco friendly friendly paints do the opposite and workers other than the masked operator are exposed unknowingly because of the sweet smelling poison.

3 hours ago, mike28 said:

in some parts of aus no vax no supermarket. 

Should be illegal, to force use of an experimental Therapeutic is ludicrous particularly given there are safe proven alternatives. Take them to Court