RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Post Level 4 Racing

Am I missing something - HRNZ have posted that they will be providing more racing when down to level 3 to make up for lost licences etc.    This is intriguing.    How will they achieve this?    I thought that horses could not be fast worked during level 4 but they expect all these horses are going to jump out of the woodwork fit and ready to race!    But I'm not a trainer and perhaps they can be readied from jogging to racing overnight.    

33 minutes ago, eljay said:

Am I missing something - HRNZ have posted that they will be providing more racing when down to level 3 to make up for lost licences etc.    This is intriguing.    How will they achieve this?    I thought that horses could not be fast worked during level 4 but they expect all these horses are going to jump out of the woodwork fit and ready to race!    But I'm not a trainer and perhaps they can be readied from jogging to racing overnight.    

With all the private tracks how would anyone know whats going on with the exception of trainers and track drivers. 

The other potential issue is what is the definition of " fast work"

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Good leadership here in providing stakeholders/participants the confidence that plans in place and the intent is to recommence racing as soon as possible once levels lowered.

Just like NZ Racing did in 2020 when approx 3 x months was lost..So they have that experience to go by ,a precedence.

A young fella like yourself eljay must realise things not always black and white.

Banning fast work means a variety of things....especially when daily exercise allowable for horse welfare.....minimal exercise was suggested but surely it possible to have strong work but not fast.

And who counts/ times the daily work.....many have their own tracks suitable for strong work etc etc ,and staff in their bubble.

But I suspect you know all this eljay ...wink ,wink.

The alternative would not sit well with many........ie sitting on hands ,waiting around until levels change then making a decision which would piss off most.......OK , start letting the horses back in and we have decided they will need 4 x weeks jogging , 2x weeks faster work , trial satisfactorily ...then we will start racing again...yeah right !

How you filling in your lockdown eljay ?

TM will be no problem seeing who has been "bending" the  rules when racing recommences.   The clock doesnt lie.  Unfortunately the rules are made by people who know very little about what they controlling.    All so PC TM.   They dont realise the industry isnt run by an off/on switch.    The industry is pretty tightly knitted and no doubt those who dont have a private track have been offered use of one nearby

How am I filling in lockdown you ask?   Well to be honest not well at all.   Crap TV (thank heaven the paralympics are on)  doing crosswords and the like - bugger all else I can do.   Fatty fatty not much diversion as she a champion 24 hour sleeper.    Not sure whether I in a madhouse or a prison.  Perhaps will see you before Christmas!