RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kizanan

Care of animals during lockdown

22 hours ago, kizanan said:

Just heard GRNZ has launched a food subsidy for every greyhound... just wondering what other codes have done so far to help? 

I dont think Grass /Hay is the same price as meat,,,,,Lol

20 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

So you think that it's good that Cole is going to get about $21000 from nzgra as he has said he has 600 dogs and I see another 11000 in wage subsidies he won't want to go back and race 

haha who said anything about Cole? I just mentioned there is a food subsidy for EVERY greyhound. Better than nothing. Or should some Trainers miss out, just because of who they are etc? 

2 hours ago, kizanan said:

haha who said anything about Cole? I just mentioned there is a food subsidy for EVERY greyhound. Better than nothing. Or should some Trainers miss out, just because of who they are etc? 

If you add up what cole got he is better off not racing as he didn't have to pay half out to owners

So the one who will be doing  better out of all of this are the big kennels 

And I think if you race dogs you should be able to afford to pay for there up keep dont matter if it's 1 dog or 600 dogs

So I against this subsidy its only making the big kennels better off

On 8/27/2021 at 11:34 AM, Joe blogs said:

If you add up what cole got he is better off not racing as he didn't have to pay half out to owners

So the one who will be doing  better out of all of this are the big kennels 

And I think if you race dogs you should be able to afford to pay for there up keep dont matter if it's 1 dog or 600 dogs

So I against this subsidy its only making the big kennels better off

Are you for real? Didn’t he win 100k I’m the first 11 days of racing this month?  If you can feed and look after 1 dog for $5 a day your doing something very wrong that would not even come close . But I do say well done to Nzgra for offering up this subsidy. You people do realise it’s a wage subsidy from the government like every other business he must pay staff.? He like everyone else must keep his business running and this all comes at a cost the bigger the business the bigger the cost . I really can’t see joe where you find your logic . 

44 minutes ago, I know said:

Are you for real? Didn’t he win 100k I’m the first 17 days of racing this month?  If you can feed and look after 1 dog for $5 a day your doing something very wrong that would not even come close . But I do say well done to Nzgra for offering up this subsidy. You people do realise it’s a wage subsidy from the government like every other business he must pay staff.? He like everyone else must keep his business running and this all comes at a cost the bigger the business the bigger the cost . I really can’t see joe where you find your logic . 

I just did cole earned 2.2 million last  year paid out half 

If you add up what he got this time and times it by 52 its 1.7 million a year not having to pay owners out 50%

And you will be in the same boat and probably better off 

Again explain how the bigger kennels are better off ? You clearly think you know what he got this time so explain your finding, vs a smaller trainer and tell me how they are not better off . You will need to work in cost vs profit just to help you out a little bit. Remember this is your words , ( so the ones that will be doing better out of this is the bigger kennels) 

7 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

What can't you see Johnny you times what cole got for a week and times that by 52 comes to 1.7 million he don't have to pay any of that money to owners thats a big pay rise

Joe, Joe, Joe. The money he is getting in for feed and staff will all go on, oh, feed and staff!!!!

It's maths Joe, simple mathematics. X amount comes in, same amount goes out, to staff and feed suppliers. He's not making anything out of this. It's only a carry over until racing starts again. There's nothing there to cover lost prize money. But please, try and explain it to Johnny how you thinks it all works. I'd hate to see you try and balance a cheque book - back when we had cheque books. 

He has told the country on track side he has  600 dogs at his place so 600 dogs at $5 per day is $21000 per week  

He has claimed $11000 in wage subsidy from the government you can go on to the government  site to get that information and it's there 

Johnny how many  dogs do you have then and how many full time staff and how many part time staff

Now we are getting somewhere,

don’t worry about the wage subsidy as that goes straight to the staff . 
question for you … do you think you can feed a racing dog for $5 a day ? Depending on your answer we might just be on the right track . 
what do you think his daily running costs are ? 
Don’t worry about me for now let’s just get to the bottom of this as this is the topic, you are yet to compare your theory for a smaller trainer how they are not better off. 
going by your math it would be 32k not 33k so your down 1k to start. 

No lets worry about the wage subsidy Johnny as when he won 2.2 million  he had to pay wages out of that didn't he

but he  had to pay owners out of the 2.2 million as well and that brings that money to 1.1 million 

And yes you can feed a dog out of $5 a day

Now I'm waiting for you to say you can't  

And if as I said $33000  aweek times that by 52 it comes to 1.7 million with out having to pay owners out dose it not

Far out what dont you understand if he gets that money every week for 52 weeks he is getting more money  than what he got racing  

Are you going to say his running costs are more than what they are when he is racing 

I find it very hard to see how you can feed a racing dog for $5 a day cost of meat , kibble, vitamins ,  . I’m not complaining regarding feed subsidy. Just saying . 
if 11k is going to wages that’s were its going , one week or 2 . 
I would saying running cost for a place with 600 dogs, food ,  11 staff, power ,fuel,  insurance , vet  , products etc the list goes on would be around  5-6k per day . If it runs at 5k per day that would be 35k a week. Your saying he would get 33k so he is down 2k for the start . If he races he has the potential to earn from his outset’s.yes he will have to pay owners but the owner is also paying /contributing to the cost . 

Ok Johnny he is making a lost when racing and only earning 2.2 million a year when racing 

He has to give away half of that  to owners 

And he would only be getting $5.03  a day per dog and having to pay 11 staff  

Oh and that comes to about $21154 a week so on your figures he is short $13846 short a week  

I see you haven't said how many dogs you have and how many staff and how many part time staff you have