RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

So You Think

For the love of me I cannot understand why representatives from the NZ racing and breeding industries can't get their acts together to brand So You Think as a New Zealand horse. HE WAS BRED IN NEW ZEALAND!!! There is absolutely sweet FA about that...no interesting stories in the Racing Post, nothing on the blogg sites...nichts, nyets, nahda.

This is a fantastic opportunity...someone pick up the phone....do your job....write some script...organise an interview with BBC or CH4 or Racing UK. Someone must have been given a junket that we have paid for that can help...get on Morning Line...DO SOMETHING!!!!!

He's known up here as the Australian super star....more press than Helen Clark's coming out party...every newspaper, every horse report for Ascot...it's all about the Australian super star....sheeeesh....talk about a lost opportunity.

Berri..... For want of sounding bossy, join the big wide world. High Chaparral was not born in NZ. Tights was not born in NZ. We can hardly lay claim to So You Think just because he was born in NZ. I hate to admit it, I think the Aussies and the Irish have a stronger claim this time.

Anyway, 2.45am tomorrow - I don't plan on sitting up and watching a $1 win .50cents a place run. No matter how good So You Think is.

Berri..... For want of sounding bossy, join the big wide world. High Chaparral was not born in NZ. Tights was not born in NZ. We can hardly lay claim to So You Think just because he was born in NZ. I hate to admit it, I think the Aussies and the Irish have a stronger claim this time.

Anyway, 2.45am tomorrow - I don't plan on sitting up and watching a $1 win .50cents a place run. No matter how good So You Think is.

By that logic we can say that Sunline isn't a kiwi champ because Green Desert and Western Symphony weren't born here.

Windsor Park Stud put all the effort into bringing High Chapparal here, and it's very unlikely he would have stood here had they not. Triassic was bred here. So You Think was foaled here, raised in our environment, which Bart Cummings claims is one of the best in the world for raising thoroughbreds.

Without those elements he wouldn't even exist, so NZ has just as much claim to him as anyone.

What NZ racing needs is a professional PR team, not a spokesperson/trainer or some other member of the old boys network.

They need to promote the high profile horses, Jockeys and Trainers world wide not just in our own back yard.

What NZ racing needs is a professional PR team, not a spokesperson/trainer or some other member of the old boys network.

They need to promote the high profile horses, Jockeys and Trainers world wide not just in our own back yard.

Andrew Birch seems a switched on guy, he should russtle up a couple of PR magnets and promote thru NZ Marketing.

At least that will get the ball rolling while the other bunch of merry men number crunch.

I wake up to my Racing Post this morning, open it up onto what I consider is the best industry news section of the paper and what do I see.....

AN ENTIRE FACING PAGE with those F*@%$N Australians headlining the page "Australia has produced 3 of the World's best horses in 2011". Aus Horse placed the ad. The biggest picture in the ad is of So You Think. I'm not sure what your interpretation of "produced" is but they've taken us to the cleaners in the "Promo Stakes". To me "produced" means bred.

Did you guys talk personally with Clare so that she would continuously drop the line on BBC that he was a New Zealand horse. Did anyone personally tell her about the rivalry between us and the Aussies so that she could, in front of 6m people, tell her viewers that the Aussies are trying to claim SYT as their own (sounds like Phar Lap who will always internationally be known as an Aussie horse)

The Aussies just got three lengths upside with 200 to go. How is NZ going to make sure that the rest of the World knows this is not a Aussie horse? You've got two days to get it right. Take an ad in the Racing Post and put it right. Start the fight by challanging the Aussies, use them being the stock of criminals, use the rivalry, bring in Phar Lap....just go for it...it's the biggest arena for horse racing and breeding and its happening right now!!! Spend the money...you could have a lot of fun with this if you took this to the press....Aussies vs NZ...have a spat....make a noise....use gorilla tactics....the Aussies certainly have.

funniescst post ever....

SYT offspring of an irishman who had a quick jump in NZ and the son couldn't leave waikiikafatkau quick enough....

lucky bart stepped in or it could have been humping 60kg around kumara....

pump up sunline if you want credibility , not a horse that spent 5 mins in nz...

too pretty. I could have out done tornado alley with the amount of huff and puff coming out of those nostrils. Also thought I heard some thickness of breath with a slight tone to it. Muscles blew up like Ben Johnson winning gold. Wouldn't mind betting our little Irish friend uses fitness as an excuse. These Europeans are not used to tough horses. Maybe Bart was right. Make no bones about it, Rewilding is a very good horse. Those two finished 10 in front of a dual 2000m Gp 1 winner and the form around the rest seemed to play out.

It's been a strange week so far. Frankel's race was wierd...the comments afterwards by both Jockey and trainer were even wierder...jockey said he was idling, trainer said he wanted more distance....Maybe I'm just getting old....but those statements just don't sit right with what I've known in the past.

Mezmaar got his tongue over the bit and the Japanese horse didn't squeak.

Looking forward to Inetrobil in the Albany Stakes on Friday

O,Brien is not a great trainer. Another cock up like the 2008 Melbourne Cup

Beg to differ with you there Nerula. He wasn't riding in the Melbourne Cup of 2008 as I remember!

At least he's man enough to put his hand straight up and admit he got it wrong. Many have never learnt to do that. I'll bet he doesn't do it again either - ie; present SYT underdone - and THAT is the mark of a great trainer.

funniescst post ever....

SYT offspring of an irishman who had a quick jump in NZ and the son couldn't leave waikiikafatkau quick enough....

pump up sunline if you want credibility , not a horse that spent 5 mins in nz...

Where is the credibility in suggesting that SYT is a triumph for Aussie breeding. The fact is SYT would exist with or without Australia...the same can't be said for NZ.

SYT is as much a Kiwi as he is an Aussie, and the new zealand breeding industry have every right to ensure the world knows he is a Kiwi.

With just 15% of the foal production that Australia produces each year we manage to do a hell of job with second rate stallions and local mares, in fact it is on the back of our mares that many a stallion has made it in Aussie. There are more Aussie horses running around in HK yet the NZ horses have a far better record, i.e more have won black type, and the there are more kiwi's in the top rated HK gallopers than the Aussie's.

I personally think that Australian racing is the best in the world, nobody does it better. But when it comes to producing racehorses, pound for pound, the Aussie's don't even come close!

Where is the credibility in suggesting that SYT is a triumph for Aussie breeding. The fact is SYT would exist with or without Australia...the same can't be said for NZ.

SYT is as much a Kiwi as he is an Aussie, and the new zealand breeding industry have every right to ensure the world knows he is a Kiwi.

With just 15% of the foal production that Australia produces each year we manage to do a hell of job with second rate stallions and local mares, in fact it is on the back of our mares that many a stallion has made it in Aussie. There are more Aussie horses running around in HK yet the NZ horses have a far better record, i.e more have won black type, and the there are more kiwi's in the top rated HK gallopers than the Aussie's.

I personally think that Australian racing is the best in the world, nobody does it better. But when it comes to producing racehorses, pound for pound, the Aussie's don't even come close!

I agree with you Catemar when we get past the 1600 metre distance, our percentages climb very steeply.

Apparrently John McCririck is rumoured to be about to accept a role with NZ racing to promote the Kiwi breds in the old dart.

If the NZ heirarchy can pull this off it will be a great coup, Baz, Catemar, Leroy, Fruity and co this maybe the answer you are looking for.

Come Artie (nz) fav in the 4000mr maiden hurdle at Thirsk ........priceless.

Guest sheraco

Kiwis get over it , he was conceived in NZ, spent the first 12months of his life there if you were all such experts you would have discovered that before he went to the sales! At the end of the day he has 25% kiwi blood BUT he is a 100% Australian made Superstar, Thanks Bart.

Guest sheraco
funniescst post ever....

LOL Oh I had to agree with you here just had a mental picture of him doing the West Coast circuit... maybe he could have raced twice in one day like they use too