RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shelley

Welfare issue

it is what is it, media will always spin it 

at the end of the day the numbers will always be on our side but unfortunately politically we are easy kill, who knows what will happen, all everyone can do is the right thing and hopefully the powers to be can deal with politicians..... 

today at my local meat works we killed 3500 4 day old bobby calves so everyone can have milk in there coffee, and at the same time we drained 1000s of litres of bloody from calves who still haven't been born yet while mum hanged on a hook so females can look and smell good....

no stories on stuff about that......

On 8/7/2021 at 11:05 PM, shodsie said:

it is what is it, media will always spin it 

at the end of the day the numbers will always be on our side but unfortunately politically we are easy kill, who knows what will happen, all everyone can do is the right thing and hopefully the powers to be can deal with politicians..... 

today at my local meat works we killed 3500 4 day old bobby calves so everyone can have milk in there coffee, and at the same time we drained 1000s of litres of bloody from calves who still haven't been born yet while mum hanged on a hook so females can look and smell good....

no stories on stuff about that......

How are the numbers on our side? Out of 3000 racing dogs a year, only 800 are rehomed. Great odds

1 hour ago, Rules For Some said:

How are the numbers on our side? Out of 3000 racing dogs a year, only 800 are rehomed. Great odds

since 2016 our breeding numbers have been 

2017 744

2018 843

2019 712 

your 3000 number I'm presuming would cover dogs aged approx 18 months to 5 years 

if we rehomed 3000 dogs a year wouldn't leave us many to race RFS 

1 hour ago, shodsie said:

since 2016 our breeding numbers have been 

2017 744

2018 843

2019 712 

your 3000 number I'm presuming would cover dogs aged approx 18 months to 5 years 

if we rehomed 3000 dogs a year wouldn't leave us many to race RFS 

Good answer

On 8/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, Rules For Some said:

How is that great odds? With most dogs making over $10,000 at least how can’t they afford to rehome them or pay to fix them when they get injured 

On 8/26/2021 at 10:28 AM, shelley said:

May be we need to cut back on our breeding  ,we cant be complacent as there are people looking at our industry wanting to shut us down,  we all have to be carefull..

Cole are unethical breeders who breed plenty, put down ones who get injured and rehome almost none. 

15 hours ago, MiniJax said:

Cole are unethical breeders who breed plenty, put down ones who get injured and rehome almost none. 

Statements like this is what has lead the greens to attack, you people are your own worst enemy. You say people breed to many yet in the CD and the North there is a huge shortage of dogs so why ? 

This Bickering between ourselves is not going to help,lets try to be constructive,,I think that there needs to be a serious clean out at Jackson st Petone for a start ,lets look at them ,if our industry closes they can all goand get other jobs ,do they actually have trainers owners interests in mind when they make desicions ?.Should we have more control and say .if we continue on as now we are doomed.

11 hours ago, shelley said:

This Bickering between ourselves is not going to help,lets try to be constructive,,I think that there needs to be a serious clean out at Jackson st Petone for a start ,lets look at them ,if our industry closes they can all goand get other jobs ,do they actually have trainers owners interests in mind when they make desicions ?.Should we have more control and say .if we continue on as now we are doomed.

Its too little to late.

Most people in the industry are as naive as grnz so im not surprised this is the end result 

Everytime i make a suggestion regarding any issue, people either at the track or on here push back and say nothing needs to change and that there isnt a problem or its a problem to big to solve.

Its been clear since 2013 that this industry will struggle to reach 2023 and it very well may not with the current direction its going in.

Regardless of stats, greyhound racing in new zealand has a poor standing in the publics eye and i cant see anything changing in a year that grnz couldnt have started changing 10 years ago

On 9/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, MiniJax said:

It’s the truth though. Prove me wrong… I’ll wait 

What makes you say there’s a shortage of dogs?

On 9/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, Joe blogs said:

There isn't a shortage of dogs in the CD 

Your so right there mini jax

Clearly there is a shortage of dogs as for a long time now they have been struggling to fill a full race card only 9 races the other day with 7 and 6 dog fields.does that not tell you the numbers are wrong? 

7 hours ago, I know said:

Clearly there is a shortage of dogs as for a long time now they have been struggling to fill a full race card only 9 races the other day with 7 and 6 dog fields.does that not tell you the numbers are wrong? 

May be smaller fields and less races is what we shoud be aiming for ,for our survival.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:44 AM, shelley said:

Clean out Jackson St? Bit harsh don't ya think. I believe we would be in a much worse position if it was the same group of people running it today as it was 5-6 years ago. 

21 hours ago, kizanan said:

Clean out Jackson St? Bit harsh don't ya think. I believe we would be in a much worse position if it was the same group of people running it today as it was 5-6 years ago. 

They failed the industry. The numbers in the report they provided were botched aswell. One of their stats says 0 dogs were brought into NZ for breeding purposes in the last 2 years.

I am connected to two bitches that were brought in in the last year. Fucken shambles.

Than they think "we are rehoming 1 dog per litter whelped" is a good statistic. What a joke. I am glad i no longer rely on the industry to survive because its being run into the ground