RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Industry Update from HRNZ Chair

I am somewhat amazed that no one has posted this or even commented on HRNZ Chairs comments. What a refreshing post compared to Spicer's nonsense

From the Chair

29 July 2021 , News

Industry Update from John Coulam, HRNZ Chair

I am pleased to report that through Racing New Zealand a three year distribution agreement has been reached with the other codes that sees forecasted an additional $3.1 million due to harness for the 2021/2022 racing season.

As a result, the Board of HRNZ last week approved the funding policy to clubs for next season. To enable clubs to complete their budgets for next season, they will have received communication on their funding. The great news is that clubs will see an improvement in stakes funding at the lower levels. In addition, group and feature races including country cups will be funded at 100% of their minimum level. Clubs will be expected to pay out 100% of the stakes provided across their season of racing, details of this are included in the club funding agreements. Clubs will have the ability to enhance stakes further through sponsorship and other locally generated revenue.

What became very clear in reaching agreement on the distribution of the TAB profit is the gradual decline that our sport has been in for some years now, and just how poorly we as a code do in relation to profit on export compared to the other codes.

In terms of the commission on export (off shore betting), which is paid out at 3% of the actual, up to the end of June, Thoroughbreds have received $4.6m, Greyhounds $4.5m and Harness $1.3m.

It is clear that we have work to do in this area and the Board is working with an offshore partner to increase our exposure in Australia

Well done to the Chair and Board of HRNZ, when you finally realise you have a problem the first thing to do is accept it and move asap to seek practical solutions. Start with Integrity matters and take it from there. IMO

Yes your sport has been in a steep decline for five years now 

Funnily enough Inca started five years ago next month, when the narc fed the lies and disinformation to the RIU, then the fools who knew nothing thought they’d uncovered the greatest rort in history, and they fed the lies and bullshit to the Police, the OCG to be exact, who were as stupid and ignorant as the ex cops in the RIU, and Jenkins, so they proceeded to destroy your code and spend 10 million dollars on nothing

The rest is history, no convictions, no race fixing, no money trail, no betting irregularities, no blood doping … but lots of intimidation, bullying, threats, misery, careers destroyed, orchestrated charges for peripheral unimportant things … and it’s still going on as I type 

I see Sheryl Wigg has two in tonight 

Anyway, I can’t work out why the Chairman didn’t mention exactly why the code is in a tail spin, and who caused it all

16 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Yes your sport has been in a steep decline for five years now 

Probably longer . Previous boards including the past Chair were not up to running a multi million dollar business and now it shows . Is it too late , highly likely but i do think that the current mob may delay the demise further if positive action is taken  immediately. 

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Probably longer . Previous boards including the past Chair were not up to running a multi million dollar business and now it shows . Is it too late , highly likely but i do think that the current mob may delay the demise further if positive action is taken  immediately. 

Well given that the TAB won’t let high value punters get on, and the RIU has rubbed a few out just for spite, eg Bunsen, the only surprise is that you’re surprised 

Surely you can see the cause, the root of your problems ?     or do you only see symptoms, not causes ?

You can’t treat a major problem by focusing on symptoms, you need to look at the cause then the symptoms treat themselves 

On 8/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, poundforpound said:

Well given that the TAB won’t let high value punters get on, and the RIU has rubbed a few out just for spite, eg Bunsen, the only surprise is that you’re surprised 

Surely you can see the cause, the root of your problems ?     or do you only see symptoms, not causes ?

You can’t treat a major problem by focusing on symptoms, you need to look at the cause then the symptoms treat themselves 

What i have noted for decades is poor governance at both club and national level. Its amateurish attitude is seen by many as its strength at club level but its simply not the case IMO.

As for the restricted punters bit , let them on at your peril especially in Harness given the  recent McGrath Kerr and Alford cases. Punters i know wont touch harness now and the latest Ozzie figures suggest even the gambling mad Ozzies dont want to invest on Harness here either.