RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Auckland Card Thursday

Looks like they will have some pretty poor fields numberswise.     Intermediate trotters & pacers with 7 starters going by the nominations and a mobile maiden trot over the mile with 6 starters.      Damned if I know why they insist on having mobile miles for non win trotters, most of which are usually very green and made to try and sprint start instead of letting them find their feet (hooves) from the stand.    I think the numbers nominated for this race tells what the trainers feelings are!     I imagine this will be race 1 as it will attract very small betting money.

As an owner of a novice trotter having its 1st start, we are actually very pleased to have a mobile start. As long as the mobile doesn't go to fast, we've always found our novices are more likely to have a decent chance of racing in the field from a mobile than a stand. The very worst for a novice trotter is a standing start with race winners and unrulies behind. Can almost guarantee won't go away, especially if drawn 1. There is logic behind the fact that all juvenile trots are mobiles. Imagine if all novice pacers had do standing starts only! Having trotters doing standing starts all the time is more to do with historically only having 2 trot races/meeting and therefore needing hcps to cover the 'rating' spread. At Auckland with near equal numbers of trotters and pacers, I think we should have more equal treatment for both gaits (stand and mobile opportunities for both).