RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

NZ TAB Pathetic Restriction

My daughters 19yr old boyfriend (whom opened a TAB account 3 months ago) has only got into racing since hanging around me, had an interesting experience today with the TAB.

He's a $5 win punter, hasn't made a withdrawal, lost about $300, regularly topped up his account, today he phones me to say that he is getting stranges things on his TAB account in that his $5 win bets are coming up with max $3.05 or $1.02, $2.85 etc when he goes to submit them.

I tell him to phone and see what the problem might be, well after a lengthy waiting delay they come back to him & advise that the Risk Managers have placed a restriction on your account.

Yes he bets some of my selections (Many of mine are placed overseas due to restrictions), but plenty of his own also, today he is totally devastated that he now has next to zero chance of winning back the $300 he has lost. He doesn't have Credit Cards etc so overseas is off limits to him.

We are talking a 19yr old, just starting out with racing, potential to bring in plenty of other young mates, $5 bets & his account in $300 negative territory. Is this how we want our TAB organisation treating young guys getting started?. The future of NZ Racing is very grim if they cannot handle $5 punters whom are losing.

He has the day off work & was at me to take him along to Cambridge today to see the $40k racing there, his interest now is near zero, almost certainly another one lost to other activities.

23 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Don't give her next boyfriend your wifi password so it doesn't happen again.

Yes pretty much it isnt it. 

What a shit sad state of affairs this is, just imagine if BGP had been treated like this a couple or so yrs back, the industry & the TAB both would not be the richer for it.

I also note that as of yet he still hasn't had an email reply to the question as to why.

Customer service, ha whats that.

Isn't it time the TAB was legislated to offer bets to a certain winning value like the Aussies are?  Instead of treating people like wastage when the industry is under extreme pressure like it is.

@barrybCount your blessings, and his he doesn't have a Credit Card, or perhaps a Debit Card.

Too many young ones get them and get into endless debt.

Bring back TAB's in local shopping centres -there's plenty of empty shops so no excuse for the TAB to not be looking to secure a reasonably priced lease, or purchase, suitable prominent sites with good parking and accessibility to lure the wider community back into Racing.

It's an opportune time for them to get out there and market racing in all aspects.

Maybe it's timely the TAB looked at the way they promote themselves as only 18 plus to bet and have Educational aspect promotions material for younger r interested people to join the industry within the TABs themselves.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, barryb said:

My daughters 19yr old boyfriend (whom opened a TAB account 3 months ago) has only got into racing since hanging around me, had an interesting experience today with the TAB.

He's a $5 win punter, hasn't made a withdrawal, lost about $300, regularly topped up his account, today he phones me to say that he is getting stranges things on his TAB account in that his $5 win bets are coming up with max $3.05 or $1.02, $2.85 etc when he goes to submit them.

I tell him to phone and see what the problem might be, well after a lengthy waiting delay they come back to him & advise that the Risk Managers have placed a restriction on your account.

Yes he bets some of my selections (Many of mine are placed overseas due to restrictions), but plenty of his own also, today he is totally devastated that he now has next to zero chance of winning back the $300 he has lost. He doesn't have Credit Cards etc so overseas is off limits to him.

We are talking a 19yr old, just starting out with racing, potential to bring in plenty of other young mates, $5 bets & his account in $300 negative territory. Is this how we want our TAB organisation treating young guys getting started?. The future of NZ Racing is very grim if they cannot handle $5 punters whom are losing.

He has the day off work & was at me to take him along to Cambridge today to see the $40k racing there, his interest now is near zero, almost certainly another one lost to other activities.

If you're heavily restricted and he's using your wifi? Could that be it? Im not saying its ok but could be the reason....

On 7/28/2021 at 6:31 PM, Bimbo said:

Don't give her next boyfriend your wifi password so it doesn't happen again.

Bookies are sneaky and take full advantage of technology so your I.P addresses will be logged and matched against other accounts. If you are restricted and or your account is on the watch list any other accounts betting from known IP addresses you have used will be flagged as well. 

Restricting to low amounts has the effect of you taking your business elsewhere without having to outright ban the account. The NZ TAB since utilizing the openbet platform is also utilizing the UK handbook of risk management as these tactics are identical to what came in overseas several years ago. Although annoying it either forces you to move elsewhere or become sneaky yourself in the way you manage your betting and how you place your bets.

Yep 

I was only  allowed to put the grand total of $28 to win on a $8 horse last night for Cambridge today.!

I played their game and they immediately dropped the odds to $6.50!

Big tech are being sued ATM for  colluding with the govt and censoring free speech. This govt department is bordering on litigation....fair trading act?

Am I now an unpaid oddsetter?

$28 should not alter the odds....victimization 

13 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Yep 

I was only  allowed to put the grand total of $28 to win on a $8 horse last night for Cambridge today.!

I played their game and they immediately dropped the odds to $6.50!

Big tech are being sued ATM for  colluding with the govt and censoring free speech. This govt department is bordering on litigation....fair trading act?

Am I now an unpaid oddsetter?

$28 should not alter the odds....victimization 

Join the ever growing club. I literally closed my account on principle. Of course no-one cared.

5 hours ago, mr_gee said:

and yet  barry we hear  all the time   they want attract new customers  

I learnt  years ago    take my betting off shore  ,   tab should never control  this crap  

Are you following your namesake in Sydney Mr Gee. Going well 🐎🥊

I experienced a restriction of the amount I could bet on a horse when the market open. Wanted 100 ew on very flash at 26 an 6.8 reply was I could only have half the amount. What I did was put 50 ew then did the bet again an got my 100 ew no problem.the sites a dog.

The other problem I have I start selecting my quad an get the first leg selection then the page refreshes an I haven't noticed an go to 2nd leg an I'm making individual bets as the site has gone away from my quad bet. 

They surely could of got better value for there millions they spent.