RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Well it has happened...

Our breeding industry has been officially downgraded. Had I been even slightly interested in commercial breeding and serious about it, how could anyone have gone past Jennifer Eccles.  Oaks winning filly, 3yo filly of the year, ran 2nd in the 1000 Guineas, by an OK stallion from an OK black type family...sold for NZ$800k. Lowest priced this sort of mare sold in Australasia this year and last.

Our racing has been officially discounted.

56 minutes ago, Berri said:

Our breeding industry has been officially downgraded. Had I been even slightly interested in commercial breeding and serious about it, how could anyone have gone past Jennifer Eccles.  Oaks winning filly, 3yo filly of the year, ran 2nd in the 1000 Guineas, by an OK stallion from an OK black type family...sold for NZ$800k. Lowest priced this sort of mare sold in Australasia this year and last.

I may be totally wrong Berri as I can't be bothered looking, but  at one stage I am pretty sure none of the winners or place-getters from the 1,000 and 2,000 Guineas, Oaks and Derby from the 2019/20 season had managed to win a race as 4yos.  Of course they still have a week to go.

So I think it would be true to say they were a pretty poor lot. Catalyst probably the best of them.

2 hours ago, Berri said:

Is this official ?

Where can one read the Official declaration.

Pretty good coin I'd have thought for a filly who changed hands for some $6 k as a weanling !

Were any of JE's wins in Australia ?

15 minutes ago, Kingshill said:

Santa Monica sold for $600k Australian about a year ago..... Also a NZ Group 1 winner...... Performance in Australian Group 1's definitely the pinnacle 🏇

Santa Monica wasn't a champion 3 yo winner of the Oaks

2 hours ago, tasman man said:

Were any of JE's wins in Australia ?

Nope, none of her 13 starts have been outside of New Zealnad.

Her 4 wins werre the:

Eight Carat (once the Royal Stks) at Ellerslie - Grp 2

A race (again a G2) sponsored by the Ellises at Te Rapa

The Lowland (Grp 2) at Trentham

The New Zealnad Oaks (Grp I) at Trentham