RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Littletramp

NZ's Women soccer Olympians to take a knee in support of racial equality.

For the media coverage womens sport get it out weighs the results they produce,I'm not some sexist prick or anything but that Netball coach getting a knighthood for winning the world cup was a joke,they got lucky and won a semi and a final yet they cant actually beat the nz men's team most times ,maybe if they won two or three world cups in a row that would be different,no doubt,the cricket team won nothing last year the rugby do ok but I think the only time they get a crowd is usually when its played as the curtain raiser to the men's games but that's ok,they say they want the same deal as the men but it needs to stand alone as such to gauge how much interest there really is,as I have stated before racing is the only sport where both sexes compete on same level and no doubt the fems do extremely well in that field.

This is going to be a fun Olympics - USA womens soccer team claim after their 3-0 loss that they are boycotting scoring goals to highlight racial inequality. The good news is the Kiwi girls can now look forward to a nil all draw against USA when they meet!

Professional sport ain't sport any more folks, it's all politics. If you want sport, you can't beat watching the kids play, before they get to high school.

I guess I will just spend the next fortnight watching reruns of Bonanza on Jones channel.

I'll be watching the Olympics, now they're off and running.

I'm personally no great fan of "the knee", but it's the "in thing" and we'll be seeing it for a while yet. No need to ditch the whole thing because of it. Just tune in shortly after the start and you'll never know it happened.

1 hour ago, Uriah Heap said:

I'll be watching the Olympics, now they're off and running.

I'm personally no great fan of "the knee", but it's the "in thing" and we'll be seeing it for a while yet. No need to ditch the whole thing because of it. Just tune in shortly after the start and you'll never know it happened.

You watching the Olympics now that they are off and running,be a bit hard watching them when they ain't running😄

17 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Just switched on tv1 and screening the women playing soccer,nz has no chance of advancing so why bother devoting so much tv time to a non event?

Just watched the Matildas playing USA (No 1 ranked) and ended nil- all was the result. boring as. 

Fiji just smashed the Aussies out of Rugby 7's in 1/4 final was way more intense just finished now. NZ will have the Big Final against Fiji maybe?  Sure to be BIG time over there. !! good Luck.

Now I have to say that the womens 7s and quite a few of the female competitors have been outstanding at the Olympics,but I still think the football ferns and the cricket teams need to lift their game a notch or two.

Also I think tvnz have had very good coverage as well,they ain't stacked the adds on like some free to air can do from time to time.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, mikenz said:

Football women get beaten 6 1 and one of the players on the news said they did well defensively in patches,really,who the hell did they beat to qualify or did they win a raffle or something?

They were playing one of the best teams in the World you muppet……population 300m +…….Australia didn’t make the final either……:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

They were playing one of the best teams in the World you muppet……population 300m +…….Australia didn’t make the final either……:rolleyes:

True but to get beat 6 1.mmm be best to say they were just a bit better,there are some women who are very good,

As for the comment about the cricket team, I actually only learned yesty I think it was on senz that we are ranked fifth,in the world,I'm not knocking no one but sometimes the hype about some of these teams is just that,but hey it's only a game remember.

21 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

Yeah that Cricket's been interesting Mikenz. Tell me. Did we end up winning a medal in that?

Uriah heap,are you a heap of shit lol?,the cricket comment simply evolved from comments about some women's sport,,just in case you think I've got me wires crossed,sometimes we start off on one topic then it just goes where I nose leads us.