RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Not Again

11 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Martin Van Beynen again…another tip off….??

Not really the point . The facts are that harness participants give them all the ammo they need to write damming articles about the industry. Soft leadership is coming home to roost and i'm gonna stick my neck out here and say Woodham is letting the side down badly on these matters. 

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Not really the point . The facts are that harness participants give them all the ammo they need to write damming articles about the industry. Soft leadership is coming home to roost and i'm gonna stick my neck out here and say Woodham is letting the side down badly on these matters. 

There’s a surprise…..and “History never repeats…” according to the song eh…….🙄

17 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

There’s a surprise…..and “History never repeats…” according to the song eh…….🙄

It has and will continue to do so- Harness is now doomed to join the "Sunset Industry " and things are already on the way.

Treat punters like mugs as some of these clowns do and the result is the punters walk away and find alternative forms of gambling.

The Feds really do need to get serious with cheats , no ifs and buts . If they break the rules out them for ages and the rest will soon fall in to line. Leadership must show that the consequences of illegal activity within the code will not be tolerated under any circumstances

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

It has and will continue to do so- Harness is now doomed to join the "Sunset Industry " and things are already on the way.

Treat punters like mugs as some of these clowns do and the result is the punters walk away and find alternative forms of gambling.

The Feds really do need to get serious with cheats , no ifs and buts . If they break the rules out them for ages and the rest will soon fall in to line. Leadership must show that the consequences of illegal activity within the code will not be tolerated under any circumstances

Don't agree JJ withe punters being put off by this. . Horses are/have been 'treated' with extras, since time began in racing.

Would think no-one has walked away to gamble on dogs ,pokies or whatever just because thinking  ' has that horse had a tubing? I'm out of here'  Strongly doubt that happens.

Yeah but clamp down on positives, (like was done with Alford) and deter copying by other trainers. Dunn getting off with fine only, in 2018, wasn't setting a great example . 

Australia dishes out the penalties no matter who it is, even King of Swing's trainer Belinda McCarthy (leading Oz trainer in prizemoney won most seasons) got a year out with a positive. 

6 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Don't agree JJ withe punters being put off by this. . Horses are/have been 'treated' with extras, since time began in racing.

Would think no-one has walked away to gamble on dogs ,pokies or whatever just because thinking  ' has that horse had a tubing? I'm out of here'  Strongly doubt that happens.

Yeah but clamp down on positives, (like was done with Alford) and deter copying by other trainers. Dunn getting off with fine only, in 2018, wasn't setting a great example . 

Australia dishes out the penalties no matter who it is, even King of Swing's trainer Belinda McCarthy (leading Oz trainer in prizemoney won most seasons) got a year out with a positive. 

In that case your head is in the sand re punters. May be different in Oz but the harness industry in NZ is in serious decline. mistreat the punters/potential owners at your peril.

6 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

Punters do indeed walk away Steel. I started out as a trotting punter. The first meeting I ever attended was at Addington. I even used to bet on the Alex Park trots on a Friday night. I have attended about six Interdominion final nights at Alex Park and Addington. I will always remember one finals night at Alex Park when I was in the "special people's" room with free booze and food, and I was the only person who stopped eating to go and watch a race. That was an eye-opener for me.

These days I probably have 3 or 4 trotting punts a year. The cheating doesn't help, but the big turn-off is all the unbackable red hot favs, which some people seem to like, but it does nothing for me. There have always been red hots. I remember Noodlum, About Now, Courage Under Fire etc, but there was usually one of them a night at best. These days there are 5 or 6 unbackable red hots on all the big nights.

It certainly is a twilight industry as Flash mentioned. Ironically the one thing the trots have going for them is the afternoon, country meetings with big, even fields and big crowds. But that is all being sacrificed for boring as piss go rounds at Addington, because they perceive that as the cheapest way to put out a gambling product. 

Back in the days of Struan Cain and Ian Mill the trots were probably the best run of all three codes. Poor leadership since then has seen them turn out to be a bit of a basket case. Probably the National Party of the racing industry.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Well here's your chance O'man to be more than a mouth--take your patronising, patriarchal arse along to some of these pokie sites and educate the losers on the error of their ways and then toddle off along to WINZ and tell them to stop giving the f---ckers handouts! 

45 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Well here's your chance O'man to be more than a mouth--take your patronising, patriarchal arse along to some of these pokie sites and educate the losers on the error of their ways and then toddle off along to WINZ and tell them to stop giving the f---ckers handouts! 

Ironic coming from yet another conspiracy pushing loser. And racist to boot apparently……..:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

In that case your head is in the sand re punters. May be different in Oz but the harness industry in NZ is in serious decline. mistreat the punters/potential owners at your peril.

Well could be then but I am eternally optimistic !! and hey we just won the Olympics for Brisbane this very minute it seems. !!!

There goes the 'Death Knell' for Albion Park.!!! It more than likely will be used for the Olympic village or Broadcast centre.

Very sorry all you guys see no future for harness racing Auckland either. Had a wonderful time racing many horses there and then Albion. It's all gone to shit.

The beautiful Gold Coast Track was resumed at just 20 years old in 2010 to build the Athletes village for the 2018 Commonwealth Games . Trotting never returned to the Gold Coast.

Shit!  the dog is getting scared by fireworks going off!, place is going nuts. ... still 11 years to go lol.........

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Punters do indeed walk away Steel. I started out as a trotting punter. The first meeting I ever attended was at Addington. I even used to bet on the Alex Park trots on a Friday night. I have attended about six Interdominion final nights at Alex Park and Addington. I will always remember one finals night at Alex Park when I was in the "special people's" room with free booze and food, and I was the only person who stopped eating to go and watch a race.

Hey there's some great times had there over the years. and the food and booze must of been good too !! lol  to skip the racing. 

Brisbane is smack in the middle of it's carnival. you can get good odds I thought still . Amazing Dream and Copy That , American Dealer , have won at very generous odds . stick with them mate!. Krug was a bit short I spose.

I have No mates here in Oz that back harness either, But not for your or JJ's reasons is what I was saying. It's Not because the horses are 'treated'. and it's Not because the odds are short as you say. I'll still bet on top drivers like Mark and Nat and Ant's as they near always in the money.$$$$$$ who could ask for more ?

The punters left because of all the POOR starts, and POOR manners. e.g standing start rubbish should be consigned to history. who wants to lose on something galloping out the back these days ???? might as well back thoroughbreds and actually BE IN THE RACE , and that is the reason.