RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Stewards order Scratchings

Here we go again

"Acting on a report provided by Racing Investigators who completed a stable inspection at the training premises of S Wigg this afternoon, Stewards ordered that GETN WIGGY WITHIT (Race 4), SAINT MICHEL (Race 6) and HAPPY PLACE (Race 7) be scratched acting under Rule 213(1)(c). An investigation was opened into this matter.

213{1}C relates to prohibited substances from memory

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Could be an ok substance - you just can't give them on race day.     No good speculating till all the facts are known.    

Wouldn’t that make it prohibited on race day 

Matter of interpretation.     If you injected or syringed water on race day does that make water a prohibited substance?       Most actions on race day are prohibited and covered somewhere in the rules (rule 1004) for example.   I think talking to the horse though is still permitted but be careful if you on medication yourself - you breath could be dangerous

8 hours ago, frankie said:

The stable principal continually puts his head above the parapet and expounds correct and telling statements about the way harness racing has been run, both nationally and locally - the ATC Board. For this he has been in the sights of the suits at HRNZ for some time.

They Should only pick on you if you are doing things against the rules.

Not saying they are doing anything wrong, but obviously doing something different. This stable and the previous should have been under the spotlight for some time, they have been around a short time and the horses do things even some top trainers struggle to get the horses to do. Take a look at the Butcher horse they got, two wins a third and a forth in first 5 starts, and has won $25000. why would David get rid of it if he knew it could do that?

8 hours ago, frankie said:

On 7/19/2021 at 7:59 PM, hsvman said:

David got rid of smoken up also maybe he didn’t know 😂

Yip; Smoken Up still searching for his first win in NZ. 

No really; sometimes horses actually grow up mentally and/or physically given time or new surroundings/schedules. 

13 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

AgreeJJ mate, and hey could be owners decidin to move the horses, their choice etc....

Cheers Iraklis

What about famous quote "Sometimes it better to remain silent...."

It is quite normal for horse trainers to take a winter break/getaway.......and if that ain't convincing consider the fact that the said trainer is the owner of at least 2 of the said horses !

Tasman, what are you on about? I was agreeing that innocent til proven guilty is hardly famous, it's as JJ says common law; and as for the rest of your post what has that got to do with 'stewards order scratchings?' etc, I was simply pointin out (in answer to 45years post) that it could be owners choice why those horses have changed stables etc nothin sinister.....perhaps you should take a leaf rom your own famous quote 'tiz better to remain silent' as you have confirmed by the end of your post, 2 of the horses are owned by the trainer; clearly their choice to send horses to different trainers, so what's yuh problem?

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Tasman, what are you on about? I was agreeing that innocent til proven guilty is hardly famous, it's as JJ says common law; and as for the rest of your post what has that got to do with 'stewards order scratchings?' etc, I was simply pointin out (in answer to 45years post) that it could be owners choice why those horses have changed stables etc nothin sinister.....perhaps you should take a leaf rom your own famous quote 'tiz better to remain silent' as you have confirmed by the end of your post, 2 of the horses are owned by the trainer; clearly their choice to send horses to different trainers, so what's yuh problem?

Cheers Iraklis

Sorry to offend you champ but you can debate' much and often 'once you get into a thread and I sensed you getting a bit offtrack.

Well tasman you sensed wrong! I was not gettin 'a bit off track' at all, you however were way off track!.....I was simply agreein on the subject bein discussed, and by your own very post, confirmed what I had originally posted re owners making a choice about where their horses went; what's that famous quote again???

Cheers Iraklis