RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

ANOTHONY BUTT

Piper mate, if Copy That gets beat it'll be because he runs into a better horse on the night; Ants will drive it to win it and it's guna take an AB special no doubt, but if he's within cooee of the front on good speed, the CopyT can do it, main danger for mine, is if the mighty Dream is sittin on KOSwings back, on a hot pace she will blouse em all 😆 

Cheers Iraklis

One of the biggest news stories in the past couple of days is that Anthony Butt and Sonya Smith have ceased private training for Emilio Rosati. They won over $1.8m for Rosati during their 18 month tenure.

The horses have been farmed to various trainers. With the stable star, Wolf Stride, going to Andy Gath. Butt says it was a mutual, amicable decision and they intend to train a smaller team and he will continue to freelance drive. Their spectacular training  successes with Rosati will ensure they are not short of good horses to train.

3 hours ago, EmJayBee said:

One of the biggest news stories in the past couple of days is that Anthony Butt and Sonya Smith have ceased private training for Emilio Rosati. They won over $1.8m for Rosati during their 18 month tenure.

Well Ant's will definitely have a smaller team after that. !!

Wonder if the Stride Corp are annoyed he's in Brissy winning some Group 1's ?, But not with their horses?. Rival kiwi ones instead.

40 minutes ago, Pure Steel said:

Well Ant's will definitely have a smaller team after that. !!

Wonder if the Stride Corp are annoyed he's in Brissy winning some Group 1's ?, But not with their horses?. Rival kiwi ones instead.

Maybe. More likely I think that the Stride Corp are annoyed he is  stuck in Brisbane with the covid lockdowns and cannot readily transit back to Melton to oversee his team. He doesn't have much racing at the moment but I presume most of his good horses are back in training. He spent time driving at the Tasmania carnival a couple of months ago so they must have had some arrangement.

Pure speculation but it would be interesting if the connections of Copy That decided to leave him in Australia - with Butt. And Copy That comes up against Wolf Stride later in the year!

31 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

PureS mate, Ants is entitled to make a buck or two that's why he's doin the work he loves 😀 and who knows maybe the deal he had with Rosati wasn't as lucrative as everyone imagines.....

Cheers Iraklis

I've no problem with him, being in Brisbane, as he actually put fiancee' Sonya in as training partner (a very capable horseperson) to Run the Fort at home, for this very reason, for  when Ant's is away on trips driving as you suggest. (like Brissy now)

That owner has horses in many stables, so Ant's is on a hiding to nothing !! I tell ya. David Miles winning a few in Victoria recently too for him. BIG Owners do Want to Be in the Big races too !! Ant's perhaps should of bought a couple to Brisbane with him. There's good races for Wolf Stride here past week or 2.

That Stride Corp mob had top class horses with McCarthy (Australia's best) at one stage ,not that long ago , but moved on from there too....  Only needs one of the Trainers that is jealous or even just rivalled with another to 'Chew his ear' about how They can improve certain horses , and the spanner is in the works !!

Seen it all many times. Owners with a 'Spread' of horses , shifting them around the various trainers. Not a Great System at all. leads to many difficulties and fall-outs unfortunately.

Copy that PureSteel, bet it gets bloody grubby at times 😀 it's bit sad really but hey when yuh got it, yuh got it....Hey Lee mate, I tell yuh with the mighty mare, nothin surprises at all 😆 my hearts with her, actually I'll be havin a bloody busy time of it, cheerin for TurnItUp, CopyThat (loyalty - we from same area Puke hard) and the Dream, geezuz I'll be a wreck before and after that race, I'll have to watch for dehydration, make sure me liquid levels are topped up frequently an all LOL

Cheers

6 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Copy that PureSteel, bet it gets bloody grubby at times 😀 it's bit sad really but hey when yuh got it, yuh got it....Hey Lee mate, I tell yuh with the mighty mare, nothin surprises at all 😆 my hearts with her, actually I'll be havin a bloody busy time of it, cheerin for TurnItUp, CopyThat (loyalty - we from same area Puke hard) and the Dream, geezuz I'll be a wreck before and after that race, I'll have to watch for dehydration, make sure me liquid levels are topped up frequently an all LOL

Cheers

So good the fans like yourself in NZ are enjoying the carnival !!  I just had a look at $100k QLD Derby for tomorrow night. ( Should be re-named NZ Derby 2nd edition) with great kiwi American Dealer with Ant's driving off the front. He is paying $4.00 !! hope you get those odds.!!!

KRUG only $1.60  off second row with the Orange Man driving .Both Krug and Mr Orange are Albion Park maidens  lol!!! and are in for big job circling field over 2680m too ?? 

All of NZ punters will be on the Quinella?. !! Which horse will take the win ?  Go Ant's for yet another Big one. !!   

PureSteel mate I'm lovin it 😀 possibly alittle too much given my beersey's bill of late.....my hearts with the little tradesman American Dealer, but my heads sayin Krug, with Blair onboard hey we all know what he can produce in a big race maiden or no, mate I was there the night Krug absolutley brained em at Alex Park and I heard some of the comments from the Iceman (Tony H) afterwards, it's been many a year since I've heard him speak about a horse that way.....

Cheers Iraklis

For the Ant's fans tonight , a 35-1 collect !!!!

check out kiwi Ray with Tommy Lincoln in race 1. and American Dealer race 5 (QLD derby) both drawn 2 .so will be handy.

Into the nice Oz trotter Tough Monarch (placed in Dominion Hcap to Sundees Son) and Ants drives trotters well in race 4.   big chance of 3 wins for Mr Butt.

sorry guys , couldn't see how Copy That can join the party when King Of Swing has drawn 1. Not many could beat him from there. But if anyone can , Ant's can. He did beat him last week.

Great tipping  hope you got plenty . Ants Certainly tried  hard to beat king of swing by chopping  him of early  unfortunately  it didn’t work and picking the suspension will be a decent one. King of swings run was massive after the early check and what can ya say about the mare when it really counts in the bigs ones she thrives on the hot tempos. Outstanding mare . Auckland cup auckland derby. These two big ones in aussie against the boys great result for Nathan. Her head to head against copy that must be close 

Hell, I think that's a bit harsh on Ants, KingOfSwing was already rollin up the track, even the caller mentions it, watch the video you can see him rollin up towards the other hosres and he carries on so much so TurnItUp probes up on his inside.....

Cheers Iraklis

On 7/25/2021 at 6:25 AM, hsvman said:

Great tipping  hope you got plenty . Ants Certainly tried  hard to beat king of swing by chopping  him of early  unfortunately  it didn’t work and picking the suspension will be a decent one. King of swings run was massive after the early check and what can ya say about the mare when it really counts in the bigs ones she thrives on the hot tempos. Outstanding mare . Auckland cup auckland derby. These two big ones in aussie against the boys great result for Nathan. Her head to head against copy that must be close 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:44 AM, Iraklis said:

Hell, I think that's a bit harsh on Ants, KingOfSwing was already rollin up the track, even the caller mentions it, watch the video you can see him rollin up towards the other hosres and he carries on so much so TurnItUp probes up on his inside.....

Cheers Iraklis

Suspended for 4 weeks

6 hours ago, kdt said:

Suspended for 4 weeks

and for a double whammy , Ant's didn't win the race with COPY THAT after checking the favourite into a gallop around the first bend either. (Ant's probably not noticing the second row horse TURN IT UP ,had pushed up inside the McCarthy horse KING OF SWING drawn 1.  

Anytime a horse drawn 1 , in any race anytime , Tries to leave the fence by the first bend,  is always always always going to cause some sort of disruption to the field as those runners  are crossing down from wide gates to get position.

Luke McCarthy's driving tactics majorly contributed to that incident , he was Very lucky to settle one-one after that, an amazing piece of luck,  and pick up the 21k for 3rd. 

Ant's can have a good time for 4 weeks spending a few dollars from driving the Group 1 Derby winner and trotting Cup winners anyway. Go Ant's !!!! 

Hey Pure mate, I re watched that video over an over I cant for the life of me see how TurnItUp can get through on the inner if the horse in front him is still in front of him, KOSwing rolls up the track pretty quickly I just think it's pretty harsh on Ants, it was probably the last thing he expected KOSwing rollin up towards him, still as you say Ants could probably have a bit o fun havin a holiday 😀 as that famous line from the terminator goes 'he'll be back' LOL

Cheers Iraklis