RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

4 for $20,000

4 jumpers for $20,000 at Timaru today. Surely this is the end of jumping in the South. There is no real interest, and you can hardly blame the owners and trainers. It certainly impacts on the jumps fields at Trentham as well.

Riccarton jumps fields will be interesting, especially if the wet weather continues.

To balance that up a bit there were 9 acceptances (and 5 scratchings)

If all 9 had gone round that would have been as a big a field as any of the 4 jumping races tomorrow at Trentham (and 3 of the non jumping races).

Fingers crossed we get a great carnival at Riccarton

18 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

To balance that up a bit there were 9 acceptances (and 5 scratchings)

If all 9 had gone round that would have been as a big a field as any of the 4 jumping races tomorrow at Trentham (and 3 of the non jumping races).

Fingers crossed we get a great carnival at Riccarton

Yes, I was aware of that. The open jumps races in the NI have been appalling considering the stakes on offer. Certainly a strange number of scratchings in that Timaru race. I wonder if they ran out of jockeys.

I'm not anti jumping in any way. I enjoyed the jumps races races at HB, thought it was very exciting racing. There just doesn't seem to be the interest or enthusiasm anymore.

Just the riders is the problem unfortunately,not sure why they are not programming a highweight on the day as well to make it viable for the northern riders to make the trip down.

Not sure why owners with battling flat horses are not trying to have a crack at jumping them, it's pretty good money on offer.  

38 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Just the riders is the problem unfortunately,not sure why they are not programming a highweight on the day as well to make it viable for the northern riders to make the trip down.

Not sure why owners with battling flat horses are not trying to have a crack at jumping them, it's pretty good money on offer.  

Probably for the very reason youve already pointed out.

6 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

4 jumpers for $20,000 at Timaru today. Surely this is the end of jumping in the South. There is no real interest, and you can hardly blame the owners and trainers. It certainly impacts on the jumps fields at Trentham as well.

Riccarton jumps fields will be interesting, especially if the wet weather continues.

Well WD ,you relentlessly hammer on about NZTR running down /ruining South Island racing and Jumps racing.

As mentioned numerous times there are few jumping horses , barely any jumps trainers ,even less jumps jockeys and the public who enjoy watching the races WILL not bet on these events.

You ,old son ,need to direct your blame away from NZTR on this one !

Jumps races were planned a year ago ....$2.5 million in Stakes and Riverton ,Washdyke and Riccarton were the designated South Island tracks.

Those who drive ,or should drive ,racing .......the participants and Clubs ....have sat back and let things deteriorate to this current situation.

Hence change is necessary to try and stop the slide to .....

The Messara report had merit !

16 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

You're quite right on both counts. 

23 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

They are not programming  !!.........they did program more than one race for the jumps riders !! 

You trainers let them down....again.

Recently ,I believe there was a meeting between they and the jumps trainers to discuss the future ........I wonder what went on there ?

Possibly the same as last time

They.....we will programme jumps races if the horses are there ! And give a years notice ! 

Trainers.......We will have the horses !

On 7/16/2021 at 10:07 AM, We're Doomed said:

Yes, I was aware of that. The open jumps races in the NI have been appalling considering the stakes on offer. Certainly a strange number of scratchings in that Timaru race. I wonder if they ran out of jockeys.

They sure did 'run out of jockeys '  .  I don't know if there was any financial help given to riders - but, if not, how on earth could one expect jockeys to cover the costs, and wear the risks, to come down and ride scrubbers.

I'm not anti jumping in any way. I enjoyed the jumps races races at HB, thought it was very exciting racing. There just doesn't seem to be the interest or enthusiasm anymore.

I witnessed Kenny Browne 20 lens last down the back at Paeroa one day with the patrons laughing in a 2200 m flat race....He Won...i will never forget his Silhouette lonely tailed off till the day i die. This kept me coming back. Why isnt there the enthusiasm or interest? Thats not a result of the ever faithful punter who squeezes their resources to relive moments of brilliance.