RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

Kings son lucky

The second son of the maori king escaped without injury after wrapping his car around a power pole near Huntly on Saturday night,him and a passenger walking clear.The son has been referred to youth aid,a lighter sentence than his cousin who was doing porridge at Hampton Downs prison last year.(Hushed up)

Guest Quarter horse

Not sure if you've got an angle on this myk, but it's great to see the young man has been referred to youth aid.

Why? Because this is an example of the rule of law in action: everyone is equal before the law.

That should read, 'everyone is equal before the law...unless you're Maori'.

Personally I feel sorry for the kid and it's a prime example of how the justice system disadvantages Maori.

If he were Pakeha, he would only have to face the Courts. But as he is the King's son, he will face not only the Pakeha justice system, but also the people from his marae.

I think the sooner they bring in a separate Maori Justice System the better. Equality for everyone is my motto!

i take it, that the car was stolen? or he was excess alcohol breath for his age and they arrested him etc.. can't see why thy would refer him to anything unless one of the above ..

seperate maori justice? what is wrong with you quarter horse..were had that for years.. so whats the difference..

my suggestion is make a good maori out of him...ONE RULE FOR ONE /ANOTHER FOR THE MAORI ...and guys like him call me racist... laughable ..wonder what crap he'd come up with..

as for equality... don't you think there are some pakeha that would like that?christ most of us would just like to be treated equal not as though where some dog crap on someones shoe like maori would have us believe we are.....

Guest Quarter horse

Listen here teletuDPBy, why don't you learn some basic grammar so that people can understand what you are trying to convey?

Neither of your replies make any sense and you're a prime example of why our social welfare system needs to be overhauled.

The King's son isn't getting any favouritism you racist fool! He's been charged and I imagine that it'll be for careless driving, or something similar.

And where's your evidence that the car was stolen? Or that he was intoxicated? Yet more racist lies from the white man.

Your approach is typical of the oppressive attitude europeans have taken against Maori since the day they arrived.

I think the sooner they bring in a separate Maori Justice System the better. Equality for everyone is my motto!

And would this be run by maori, but funded by the NZ taxpayer?

More BS separatism!! there will never be harmony between the races while maori radicals strive for separatism.

Guest Quarter horse
And would this be run by maori, but funded by the NZ taxpayer?

More BS separatism!! there will never be harmony between the races while maori radicals strive for separatism.

First and foremost Alan, recognition of tino rangatiratanga (soveriegnty) of Maori, as guaranteed by the Treaty of Waitangi, places the responsibility for decision-making back in the hands of the Maori community.

It is this failure by successive NZ Govts to honour the Treaty in respect of Maori Dispute Resolution that is the root of all problems.

The path forward for Maori is one based on affirmation of our culture, language and institutions.

You'd do well to remind yourself of that!

First and foremost Alan, recognition of tino rangatiratanga (soveriegnty) of Maori, as guaranteed by the Treaty of Waitangi, places the responsibility for decision-making back in the hands of the Maori community.

It is this failure by successive NZ Govts to honour the Treaty in respect of Maori Dispute Resolution that is the root of all problems.

The path forward for Maori is one based on affirmation of our culture, language and institutions.

You'd do well to remind yourself of that!

para 1) I thought it was kawangagata

para 2) Unbelievable how the colonial govt is the root of all maori problems!

para 2) Separatism!!

Quarter horse you are one maori indoctrinated individual!

Guest Quarter horse
para 1) I thought it was kawangagata

That's ok...you thought wrong!

Kawanatanga means governor$hit (see...I can play your childish pakeha games as well;))

Back to smart school for you I think Alan.

Guest Quarter horse

para 2) Unbelievable how the colonial govt is the root of all maori problems!

para 2) Separatism!!

Quarter horse you are one maori indoctrinated individual!

Well they are the root of all problems Alan, especially when they agree to do one thing and then do the complete opposite.

Maori dispute resolution and, in particular, Maori restorative justice, focus on restoring the balance and mana of the collective whole.

Having all these people locked up is unsustainable and does nothing to improve our economic situation. MDR & MRJ would ensure that any disputes are dealt with at the community level, with the appropriate action being taken to restore the balance between offender and victim.

The pakeha justice system is alien to our people and does nothing to promote the mana of those that go before it.

The pakeha justice system is alien to our people and does nothing to promote the mana of those that go before it.

Soooo, when maori go overseas the justice system fails them there as well?

I wonder how maori that live in Australia get on? still an alien 'pakeha justice system', do they run around bleating "this system is failing us"?

Guest Quarter horse

I wonder how maori that live in Australia get on? still an alien 'pakeha justice system', do they run around bleating "this system is failing us"?

Hahaha...beaten on the home front, you're now looking for excuses overseas.;)

I'm not sure about the overseas situation Alan but as you sound like an expert on the matter, why not provide us with some statistics?

And have you ever wondered what it is that forces Maori overseas in the first place? If they had their full entitlement then you'd probably find a large majority of them would still be here making a worthwhile contribution to Aotearoa New Zealand.

Guest Quarter horse
Aotearoa is the Maori name for the North Island.

Why are you using this term to mean the whole of New Zealand?

All the best.

Ashoka

Because Aotearoa literally means "land of the long white cloud" Ashoka, that's why.

And yes, it is very interesting to ask the question, "what's in a name"? Because when I type Ashoka Pandey into google I get this...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/sport/racing/4592214/Stoush-escalates-as-man-is-arrested

Now by my reckoning, the tomato season is over, so surely you don't need the watering truck any longer?:D

Your mum should have warned you ashoka: if you mess with the big boys, you're going to get hurt.;)

Originally Posted by Opo

Posted by Quarter horse -

Hahaha...beaten on the home front, you're now looking for excuses overseas.

Opo replies -

The only excuse here is yours, Quarter horse, can you answer the question instead of dodging?

Guest Quarter horse

Opo replies -

The only excuse here is yours, Quarter horse, can you answer the question instead of dodging?

I'm a Aotearoa New Zealander Alan, so I'm mainly interested in what happens here. But as you seem to be the expert, why don't you give me some stats to work with? Or are you talking through a hole in your ar$e?

"Land of the long white cloud" was the term the Maori gave to the North Island.

You are now showing your true nature...obfuscate and ?

What are you insinuating with the link you have posted?

Please be specific.

Ashoka

Guest Quarter horse
I would say your more like snookered my friend! LOL

How can I be snookered when you haven't played any shots?:D:D

All you've done is made some seemingly irrelevant statement.

Why don't you lay down your case and let's debate it? (that's if you've got a case that is...I suspect you don't).

I'm a Aotearoa New Zealander Alan, so I'm mainly interested in what happens here. But as you seem to be the expert, why don't you give me some stats to work with? Or are you talking through a hole in your ar$e?

Onyah Quarter .... These morons live in their own tiny tiny world ...Don`t lower youself to their level .... Their ego`s is a great part of their world....Let them frolic in IT!!!!

Guest Quarter horse
"Land of the long white cloud" was the term the Maori gave to the North Island.

You are now showing your true nature...obfuscate and ?

What are you insinuating with the link you have posted?

Please be specific.

Ashoka

So the Maori version of the national anthem only applies to the North Island does it Ashoka?:rolleyes:

Please! The phrase Aotearoa New Zealand is commonly used in academia so don't try and pull that one.

And what am I insinuating? I thought it was clear]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWAPe8S2hgA

Aotearoa is the Maori name for the North Island.

Why are you using this term to mean the whole of New Zealand?

All the best.

Ashoka

If you enter "craig kennett' in google you will understand what you are up against :)

Onyah Quarter .... These morons live in their own tiny tiny world ...Don`t lower youself to their level .... Their ego`s is a great part of their world....Let them frolic in IT!!!!

Hi Jack,how come you not down at the boozer at this time of the day.A pensioner told me yesterday their benefit was in the bank on Saturday,but I presume a crafty old bugger like yourself would have well known that.I think you are a bit rich on the ego's Jack,tell me one of yours who's ego's are not bigger than themselves.Start from the top and work down to the lowest of low in the prisons,it may tempt you to rephrase your remarks.

I have stated a fact.

Apparently, you can't handle facts when they prove "inconvenient".

I have asked you why you have posted an irrelevant link in reply to my original question. Your inability to answer leads me to the conclusion that you are just another keyboard bigot who lacks the intelligence to carry a rational discussion.

Cheers.

Ashoka

Hi Jack,how come you not down at the boozer at this time of the day.A pensioner told me yesterday their benefit was in the bank on Saturday,but I presume a crafty old bugger like yourself would have well known that.I think you are a bit rich on the ego's Jack,tell me one of yours who's ego's are not bigger than themselves.Start from the top and work down to the lowest of low in the prisons,it may tempt you to rephrase your remarks.

What you been smoking myk....You and that pensioner freind been on the turps...Maybe you been hangin around to many prison cells to long...Get in the real world and breath fresh air...