RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Go Leo

Five Fun Facts about the aforementioned.....

1. Ummmmmm....

2. The Cubemeister is pretty sure the future mayor of Auckland is from Greymouth or somewhere 'round there and is of some sort of Irish / Catholic stock 'cause when someone drones on about these things long enough it eventually sinks in....

3. Jockey / Vet / Trainer / Winning Owner.....rare trifecta/treble

4.Does a lot of charitable work and is very generous

5. Needs to see a stylist 'cause he does his own colours....

6.Has my vote but that in fact that would be not considered legal 'cause Cubity don't pay rates that far North

7.Hasn't tipped The Cubinator a winner in ages.....

Leo, if I may...

In my persual of the 'free' bits that NZ Herald offers I see this:

OPINION:

I was pleased to see the Viaduct's very own bon vivant, restaurateur Leo Molloy, is running for mayor next year. At last, a contest to measure his ambition.

He emailed me last year, inviting

Not ever again going to subsribe to any NZ newspapers, ha, but I was just curious.

The blurb is carefully edited so you don't know which way Simon is leaning. Clearly they want a clik from me, ha...

Is he for you or against you?

The Cubinator would just say this.....

Tuesday is always is the worst day to post.....

Good on anyone who has a go.....

Risk is for thoses who dare.....

We only grow more like ourselves as we get older....

Truth is powerful and it prevails.....

Cubes is looking forward to Grand National week @ Rucccarton

4 hours ago, Midget said:

Well done Leo and the team for raising over 200k for the food bank in Sth Auckland.

He's not a bad bloke is your old mate, is he, Midget!

If he wasn't so ugly, small, ornery, too-fond-of-grey and male, I might even kiss him...

This will be an interesting appeal

Auckland businessman and mayoral candidate Leo Molloy is appealing his conviction for deliberately flouting a court suppression order and naming Grace Millane's murderer online.

Molloy, who is best known as the owner of Viaduct bar HeadQuarters, is to date the only person charged by New Zealand police over dozens of suppression breaches before and after the high-profile murder trial of Jesse Kempson in November 2019.

Kempson's suppression remained for several months after he was sentenced to life imprisonment for murdering the British backpacker because he faced two further trials for violent sexual offending against two other women.

But before Kempson's suppression lapsed late last year, Molloy posted the killer's name on an online forum while the killer's jury was deliberating in November 2019. Molloy pleaded guilty to knowingly or recklessly breaching Criminal Procedure Act suppression provisions and sought a discharge without conviction.

However, Judge Peter Winter convicted, fined $15,000 and ordered him to complete 150 hours' community work earlier this year.

Today, Molloy, a qualified veterinarian, and his lawyer David Jones, QC, asked Justice Timothy Brewer at the High Court in Auckland to quash the restaurateur's conviction and sentence. The judge reserved his decision after a nearly hour-long hearing

7 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Hope Leo has better luck than Winston….who now has another few hundred thousand to find……..:rolleyes:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/125939959/former-deputy-prime-minister-winston-peters-loses-court-battle-over-superannuation-privacy-breach

I think Leo is ok, thanks 

He holds the moral high ground, and if there’s a price to pay for that stance he’ll happily pay it

The question that will be asked though, in due course, is why did the elite Police division, the Organised Crime Group, get involved in this prosecution ? and how do you triangulate them, the RIU ( now the RIB ) and LJM 

There’s a lot of juice left in this orange………….

On 8/2/2021 at 6:35 PM, Ohokaman said:

Hope Leo has better luck than Winston….who now has another few hundred thousand to find……..:rolleyes:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/125939959/former-deputy-prime-minister-winston-peters-loses-court-battle-over-superannuation-privacy-breach

LOL

trying to get a reaction ay Ohakaman

funny guy

20 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I think Leo is ok, thanks 

He holds the moral high ground, and if there’s a price to pay for that stance he’ll happily pay it

gee... somethings changed about you P4P...

its almost like you have been redeemed or remoulded  *looks to posts

a new lease on life *winks

I think I am seeing a trend in NZ politics, and that trend will favour Leo.

Note how Leo set out priorities in a clear manner.  I get the impression that NZ voters are getting sick of "feelz" and are wanting more definite action.  This explains the unusual rise in David Seymour's fortunes.

It's a very high bar to get one judge to find against another but what is important is "name recognition" when it comes for running for office so although it is not your natural style Leo, keep courting controversy.

24 minutes ago, arjay said:

Herald Sunday, David Shearer reports he has been asked to run for mayor. Why does the job attract former politic has beens? Time for a change surely.

Saw that

Goff is definitely not running so Labour needed a very big name …. Shearer will be popular as a centre-leftist, but you’re right, he’s another central government failure being foisted on local government 

We've just finished polling with Curia…..our figures are very good in most areas, as expected, but we have weaknesses too

I know of a few others lining up too, a couple from the “blue corner”, that’ll be an issue for me because they’ll divide / cannibalise  our base support

The experts who’re analyzing the data do agree though on one thing, unless there’s a major change in candidates, or something dramatic occurs, I’m a huge chance of being competitive and winning here 

My recognition factor is huge, and my popularity in “central” & “eastern suburbs” is very high 

I don't live in Auckland, I don't know pound for pound either, but Auckland does need a change in leadership at the top end. Poundy just could be that bloke, a straight shooter whom would speak honestly rather than in riddles. Good luck to poundy, and now would be a good time to lift your profile within the media.💪

On 8/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, poundforpound said:

Saw that

Goff is definitely not running so Labour needed a very big name …. Shearer will be popular as a centre-leftist, but you’re right, he’s another central government failure being foisted on local government 

We've just finished polling with Curia…..our figures are very good in most areas, as expected, but we have weaknesses too

I know of a few others lining up too, a couple from the “blue corner”, that’ll be an issue for me because they’ll divide / cannibalise  our base support

The experts who’re analyzing the data do agree though on one thing, unless there’s a major change in candidates, or something dramatic occurs, I’m a huge chance of being competitive and winning here 

My recognition factor is huge, and my popularity in “central” & “eastern suburbs” is very high 

Start promoting that Charity work more Leo, the middle ground like that sort of stuff…….😉

2 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Certainly a change in view, considering the lockdown party he held.

That party was 100% legit, and validated by the Police Area Commander Gary Davie.

Even Commissioner Andrew Coster got involved, as did the PM Jacinda Arden 

It was approved at the highest levels because we had a compelling plan, backed up by irrefutable science 

It was seamless, totally compliant with the relevant MOH guidelines, and went off without a hitch.

I can’t be held responsible for the fact I understand Covid, epidemiology and infectious diseases …and how to work “ with them “ 

I’ll be doing the same as we come down to level 2 then level 1 this time, with the exact same results, a safe compliant party enjoyed by the faithful and the educated

You meantime with be picking at your sores while you’re waiting in the drive through …living your insignificant life of failure, self loathing, and mediocrity